Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*

Go down 
+66
Lari
Addy
choosemetal
Runicen
Glower
TrogDawn
mlotek
Thelemech
MetalRob331
MoonChild
Required Fields
akeldama
Joe
chilejay7
MetallicSeminarian
Vexer6
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
sheets
ElectricEye93
AutumnShantel
ZombieHavoc
Dellocatus
iamrockerfun
BillRoxx
DevZor
candlemass
SycoMantis91
corplhicks
kmorg
deathisgain
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
Eyesore
journeyman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
chewie
ShadowAngel
Lurideath
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Doomedpoet
ozzman
jstate
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
MEGATRON
thejokeriv
exact33
manny
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Psychotron
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 am

While the Grammy people were patting themselves on the back and handing out bj's and coke backstage, they snubbed Slayer's Jeff Hanneman in the 'In Memorium' segment of the show, so f**k them and their meaningless awards.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
While the Grammy people were patting themselves on the back and handing out bj's and coke backstage, they snubbed Slayer's Jeff Hanneman in the 'In Memorium' segment of the show, so f**k them and their meaningless awards.

One would almost think, SINCE Metallica played "One" to celebrate it's 25th year of first appearing on the Grammy Awards, that maybe those behind the scenes could have snuck in a picture of Jeff. I'm not surprised with this though. I didn't bother watching the show, I found a couple of clips this morning of Metallica performing and then a couple of interviews with the band as well. I did check out the performance of Chicago performing a medley with Robin Thicke, since I'm a pretty big fan of Chicago. That's the great thing about YouTube; you can catch all the things you wanted to see the next day, and avoid all the other crap.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Saw that on blabbermouth - they also left out Clive Burr and Jan from Vixen
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Appearances at industry circle jerks, pointless stupid 3D movies, crappy gigs from the Arctic Circle! I'm so sick of Metallica right now.

As for ignoring Jeff? They ignored him in life so why change now. I agree with "f**k them and their meaningless awards"
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
As for ignoring Jeff? They ignored him in life so why change now. I agree with "f**k them and their meaningless awards"

Actually they didn't, as weird it might seem. Slayer actually won two Grammys, that were penned by Jeff, "Eyes of the Insane" (2007) & "Final Six" (2008). There's the rub. You (the Grammys) acknowledge the guy by awarding Slayer with two awards, BUT then you're that obtuse by not including him in a montage with others who lost their lives within the industry in 2013.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:48 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Actually they didn't, as weird it might seem. Slayer actually won two Grammys, that were penned by Jeff, "Eyes of the Insane" (2007) & "Final Six" (2008). There's the rub. You (the Grammys) acknowledge the guy by awarding Slayer with two awards, BUT then you're that obtuse by not including him in a montage with others who lost their lives within the industry in 2013.

I stand corrected!  Embarassed  I never have taken any notice of this crap. But yeah it kind of does make it worse.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I stand corrected!   Embarassed  I never have taken any notice of this crap. But yeah it kind of does make it worse.

Perhaps this isn't the right stance to take, but Glee fans were upset BECAUSE Cory Monteith's name was misspelled. Really? Cory Monteith got famous by singing other famous singers famous songs, and yet his fans are in an uproar. Okay  angry  Yet, we have someone like Jeff Hanneman, whose been writing songs for a band since 1983, has won two Grammys, and nothing. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but this organization is truly stupid, and will never have a clue when it comes to anything beyond the mainstream. Let's not forget either that Jeff and Corey's deaths were very similar (Corey lethal dose of alcohol and heroin) (Jeff, liver failure due to being a lifetime drinker), so there's no moral high ground here for this organization to take.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
f**k them and their meaningless awards.

Agreed. A total waste of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Many great jazz musicians passed away last year, I would be willing to bet some of them were left off the tribute as well.  If it's not mainstream the Grammys really aren't interested.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:12 pm

S.D. wrote:
Many great jazz musicians passed away last year, I would be willing to bet some of them were left off the tribute as well.  If it's not mainstream the Grammys really aren't interested.

Understandable that not every single musican or anyone in the music industry that passed away last year can be included. Ommissions have to be made and not everyone is going to be pleased. But to skip over a 2-time Grammy winner that is still relevant and making music is inexcusable. Even more insulting to me that they include an actor on a show about music. The minor consolation being that his name was misspelled. I can only hope it was an angry Slayer fan doing the graphics behind the scenes and taking some petty revenge.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 pm

I don't care for the Grammys, but yeah, a lot of people on the metal boards I post at are really irritated about Jeff being snubbed. There was discussion on Liquid Metal, SiriusXM's metal music station, about it, too.

I guess I can understand people being bitter about it, given Slayer's historical importance and profound impact on metal, and Slayer having won multiple Grammys, although I don't find it too shocking. However, I did hear Liquid Metal say that some radio DJs passed away, and they honored them. That is a bit strange they'd honor them, but they have only a two minute memoriam, and can't honor everyone. Still, you'd think they'd honor musicians first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Most of the actual Grammy awards go to behind-the-scenes people in the music industry, people don't realize that because those awards aren't televised, they happen earlier the same day in a separate ceremony prior to the broadcast.  That would include DJs, producers, engineers, liner note writers, etc.  

That's one of the reasons I take issue with people calling the Grammys "meaningless", it's one of the only times these behind the scenes folk get any kind of recognition.

Same goes for the Oscars, the majority of technical awards are handed out in a separate ceremony usually about a week before the regular Oscars telecast and those awards are well deserved also.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:51 am

This is cool. Newly unearthed live footage from 1970.

Never heard "War Pigs" with these lyrics before.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:19 am

Oh yeah, the original version of War Pigs, Walpurgis. There was a version of it on Ozzy's comp The Ozzman Cometh (still titled War Pigs)
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This is cool. Newly unearthed live footage from 1970.

Never heard "War Pigs" with these lyrics before.

the sound coming from this set is unreal!! War Pigs is one of those songs I could listen to every day, and never get tired of it!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:06 am

Any thoughts or opinions on this 2 disc set?
Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 $_57

They had a few copies of this sitting in the used bins at FYE over the weekend, but I held off for now in favor of something else doom related. Worth picking up?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:18 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any thoughts or opinions on this 2 disc set?
Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 $_57

They had a few copies of this sitting in the used bins at FYE over the weekend, but I held off for now in favor of something else doom related. Worth picking up?

Definitely worth picking up. It consists of the "semi-official" release Live At Last and some other choice live material. It all sounds very good.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:58 am

There's a better-than-good chance that I will get this, it's just a matter of where or when. Although they had copies in FYE, I see it cheaper on-line. Any reason to go for the digipack version vs. jewel case?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
There's a better-than-good chance that I will get this, it's just a matter of where or when. Although they had copies in FYE, I see it cheaper on-line. Any reason to go for the digipack version vs. jewel case?

I think the original digipak release had a guitar pick in it. (I may be wrong on that.) There were no bonus tracks on the digipak or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think the original digipak release had a guitar pick in it.  (I may be wrong on that.) There were no bonus tracks on the digipak or anything like that.  

Meh. No use spending the extra coin then for a used digi version that may or may not even have the pick in it. Thanks.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm

The original 2002 digipack of Past Lives came with a folded up poster inside.
Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Pastlivespackaging7

Last edited by mlotek on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Past Lives is worth getting, but I'm still furious they decided to only include 3 tracks from the 1975 Asbury Park concert which has the best sound of any of their live recordings from that era, the show should have been released in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 pm

I am late to this thread and I'll be damned if I'm gonna read the whole thing.

Let's just say that I am down with the Black Sabbath rock 'n' roll band. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 am

My absolute favorite band is Black Sabbath - they have been for many years now.

I am a bit obsessed with them and I like more than just the Ozzy years - although I consider them to be the best of the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Not that surprising, Ozzy has announced Black Sabbath will be going back into the studio with Rick Rubin to record a follow-up album to "13". They also announced a "final tour" (yeah, right) for late next year after the album is released.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*
Page 26 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next