Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*

Go down 
+66
Lari
Addy
choosemetal
Runicen
Glower
TrogDawn
mlotek
Thelemech
MetalRob331
MoonChild
Required Fields
akeldama
Joe
chilejay7
MetallicSeminarian
Vexer6
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
sheets
ElectricEye93
AutumnShantel
ZombieHavoc
Dellocatus
iamrockerfun
BillRoxx
DevZor
candlemass
SycoMantis91
corplhicks
kmorg
deathisgain
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
Eyesore
journeyman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
chewie
ShadowAngel
Lurideath
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Doomedpoet
ozzman
jstate
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
MEGATRON
thejokeriv
exact33
manny
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Psychotron
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:17 pm

With Dio, they undoubtedly released an album they wanted to release. With Ozzy, they will undoubtedly release an album that all the investors want them to release. I don't expect this to be anything like the greatness that was The Devil You Know. Too much money behind this one says that it'll be tailor-made for the mainstream.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Of course, these days it's totally "cool" for rock kids to smoke weed and listen to vintage Sabbath on (newly pressed) vinyl, and try to whimsically recreate this nostalgia trip for all these totally wrong and silly reasons, so I might actually ask if there IS a non-mainstream Sabbath sound a lineup with Ozzy could do.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah Sabbath is recording a new album w/ Ozzy just for us old farts and I am still trying to replace the stylus in my Ipod and can't figure out for the life of me how they compress all that music in the grooves of the vinyl.

As far as track records go Sabbath w/Ozzy has 6 excelent albums in a row, then one good album and ended things out with an average album. (IMHDO)
The "reunion" live releases of the late 90's and early 2000's are crap.

Sabbath w/Dio had two excellent albums, an average live album, and a poor album. Then finished things out with an average at best album. (IMHDO)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm

I didn't like 'Dehumanizer' very much either.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Too much money behind this one says that it'll be tailor-made for the mainstream.

Mainstream? the 40/50 year olds or the iron man crowd (because of the movie).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I loved 'The Devil You Know", the only thing I wish it had gone out under their proper name, but that is a minor complaint
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 am

manny wrote:
I loved 'The Devil You Know", the only thing I wish it had gone out under their proper name, but that is a minor complaint

Yep, me too. Suck that Dio is gone, at least he got to go out on a high note
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:58 am

I honestly think Rubin will steer them into the sound HE expects from Ozzy/Iommi...which is the 70s Sabbath. How the mix/mastering will turn out is something completely different, but I think the songs will sound like old, bluesy hard/heavy rock and not sound Doomy like TDYK...maybe one or two darker, slower numbers...but the Ozzy Sabbath was a little more up-tempo than that.

But that's just my expectation.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:46 am

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I certainly hope it's better than that turgid borefest The Devil You Know. Ugh. That album was as exciting as watching paint dry.

I am expecting the worst but hoping for the best on this.

Interesting, most people I know liked it. I think there are a some really good tracks (Bible Black, Rock & Roll Angel, Neverwhere, Follow The Tears) and also a few more that are "okay" but aren't that exciting. The album could have used a couple more uptempo tunes, but overall I did enjoy the record and was happy to get at least one more collaboration with Dio.

I like The Devil You Know. It's not my favorite Dio-era Sabbath record, but it still has some great songs. Follow the Tears is absolutely brilliant IMO. Neverwhere, Bible Black also come to mind.

I'm looking forward to "13". I seem to like nearly anything that Iommi is part of. People seem to hate the stuff he did with Glen Hughes. I love it!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:50 am

I thought the 'Fused' record was the most acclaimed thing he had done in some time.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:59 am

Awful cover. Boring 30 seconds of music, but I'm still living in hope!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I thought the 'Fused' record was the most acclaimed thing he had done in some time.

I enjoyed the first Iommi record with multiple vocalists more than the others with Hughes singing. The music was fine, but Glenn has a tendency in my opinion to go over-the-top with his singing. He can very soulful and is very enjoyable on the Black Country Communion albums, but other things I've heard him on are too, I don't know what word I'm looking for here, but too SOMETHING. He drags out the notes too long, ya know?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:41 pm

"Bible Black" rivals the best Sabbath songs out there. That one is easily just as good as their classic tunes.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I enjoyed the first Iommi record with multiple vocalists more than the others with Hughes singing. The music was fine, but Glenn has a tendency in my opinion to go over-the-top with his singing. He can very soulful and is very enjoyable on the Black Country Communion albums, but other things I've heard him on are too, I don't know what word I'm looking for here, but too SOMETHING. He drags out the notes too long, ya know?

I am a Glenn Hughes fan and personally I have liked everything he has done with Iommi, but at times, especially live, he can be a bit over the top
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

Here's a slightly better look at the 13 album cover. Aside from the lame title, I think it looks kinda cool with the burning-wicker-man-thingy going on.

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Black-sabbath-unveils-album-13

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Here's a slightly better look at the 13 album cover. Aside from the lame title, I think it looks kinda cool with the burning-wicker-man-thingy going on.

In the interest of full disclosure it should be made known that MetalGuy71 IS legally blind.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

In the interest of full disclosure it should be made known that MetalGuy71 IS legally blind.

I like it. Just wished that they had used a classic Sabbath logo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I didn't say it was great, but I like it. It could've been worse. Like this for instance...

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Ozzy+Osbourne+ozzyosbournethis+house+is+clea

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Well, I'm all for the Burning Man, but that tub scene as a cover would definitely be far more sinister.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Who's that guy in the tub with Ozzy ???????

Last edited by chewie on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 10793037
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Laughing very hard Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 591800
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Whoever did the Photoshopping should never build a house. If real, those numbers would just topple over.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

You are the master!! lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm

kmorg wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

You are the master!! lol!

Yes he is!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*
Page 9 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next