Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish

Go down 
+24
Fat Freddy
stormspell
sidmaximus
Sole Survivor
ShadowAngel
James B.
Olafsto
mc666
Lurideath
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Doomdance
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Addy
Citanul
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
DallasBlack
tohostudios
manny
Lari
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Lari wrote:
I never liked Tarja. Anette was okay, but her voice is a bit too thin. Floor will probably be the best vocalist they've had, but seriously Tuomas should just let Marco Hietala sing.
Nightwish with Tarja musically is just far superior than anything they have done since her departure IMO. I miss that style...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Well, I like their albums from Oceanborn to Once a lot, especially Wishmaster and Once. Terrific songs and imaginative musical compositions like Dead Boy's Poem, but Tarja as a lead vocalist didn't do much for me. Beyond the initial thrill of "hey wow look at this metal band, they have an opera singer!" Her operetic voice is not excellent and gets exposed when she sings like that, and in the context of power metal it also comes across as pretentious. And her more traditional style voice just exposes her terrible articulation.

They could have done instrumental albums and still rule. But with a proper singer like Floor, they could really go over the top.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Lari wrote:
Well, I like their albums from Oceanborn to Once a lot, especially Wishmaster and Once. Terrific songs and imaginative musical compositions like Dead Boy's Poem, but Tarja as a lead vocalist didn't do much for me. Beyond the initial thrill of "hey wow look at this metal band, they have an opera singer!" Her operetic voice is not excellent and gets exposed when she sings like that, and in the context of power metal it also comes across as pretentious. And her more traditional style voice just exposes her terrible articulation.

They could have done instrumental albums and still rule. But with a proper singer like Floor, they could really go over the top.
I agree, I just think their songwriting in general is just meh anymore... Some gems here and there but nothing like when Tarja was there. I also find her Tarja's voice very relaxing...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Tarja "operatic voice" is amazing. What the hell are you two smoking? Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Tarja "operatic voice" is amazing. What the hell are you smoking? Haha.

FIXED... I didnt say anything bad about her voice LOL!!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Tarja "operatic voice" is amazing. What the hell are you smoking? Haha.

FIXED...   I didnt say anything bad about her voice LOL!!!  Laughing very hard 
You said "I agree," thus...you deserve to die.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Laughing very hard  I agree with this PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Yesterday at 4:10 pm Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote
Well, I like their albums from Oceanborn to Once a lot, especially Wishmaster and Once. Terrific songs and imaginative musical compositions like Dead Boy's Poem,
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:58 pm

I've sworn off this band until Tuomas stops trying to write movie soundtracks. I don't care who's singing, get back to me when Tuomas starts penning a memorable hook and writing songs under 7 minutes long.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've sworn off this band until Tuomas stops trying to write movie soundtracks.  I don't care who's singing, get back to me when Tuomas starts penning a memorable hook and writing songs under 7 minutes long.
Some of my fav songs are over 7 mins long.. Length can get boring especially if the listener is just listening for memorable hooks.. I prefer both. Hooks and great musicianship Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:00 am

tohostudios wrote:
I've sworn off this band until Tuomas stops trying to write movie soundtracks.  I don't care who's singing, get back to me when Tuomas starts penning a memorable hook and writing songs under 7 minutes long.
I love the latest albums, but he did say this in a recent interview:

"I think we might take a step back. I don’t mean musically or artistically, but maybe do an album that’s a bit more down-to-earth, a bit more old school. There will not be a movie to go along with the next album, for sure! Maybe something more band-oriented. I don’t want to get rid of the orchestra or the choir, but maybe putting back more of that early Nightwish-band thing into it would be welcome."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I love the latest albums, but he did say this in a recent interview:

"I think we might take a step back. I don’t mean musically or artistically, but maybe do an album that’s a bit more down-to-earth, a bit more old school. There will not be a movie to go along with the next album, for sure! Maybe something more band-oriented. I don’t want to get rid of the orchestra or the choir, but maybe putting back more of that early Nightwish-band thing into it would be welcome."
Now I might be interested in that!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:05 am

Not the strongest Nightwish song (to me, it's a bit of a mess), but it's much stronger in a live setting. And Floor's vocals are amazing. I love that grit she adds to the songs, of which neither Tarja or Anette were capable.

Speaking of Anette, from her upcoming album...

I really dig it.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 6:48 am

Anette's song sounds promising. Really promising.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:54 am

Floor Is an amazing vocalist and front figure.. Can`t wait to hear some new material with this line up.. Also nice to see that Anette got something going. I also like that song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:52 am

I got that Showtime Storytime DVD and Floor sounds (and looks) great. Very versatile, she can do both what Tarja did and what Anette did, only better, and more.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:53 am

Floor master race  greedy 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:16 am

That Anette song really bored me and as much as I like Floor's voice, if the material lacks, I'll forget about her in Nightwish just like I have Anette.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 11:25 am

I think the song with Floor has promise.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Not the strongest Nightwish song (to me, it's a bit of a mess), but it's much stronger in a live setting. And Floor's vocals are amazing. I love that grit she adds to the songs, of which neither Tarja or Anette were capable.

I really dig it.

I picked up that Blu-Ray, great concert. Floor is amazing and to me her vocals work better with the material than Tarja or Anette.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:52 pm

I think Nightwish hit gold with the addition of Flor! Much better for the band than Tarja and Annette!

And Annette's song sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I really dig it.

I picked up that Blu-Ray, great concert. Floor is amazing and to me her vocals work better with the material than Tarja or Anette.

I grabbed the CD version, it made me actually enjoy them. Maybe i'll enjoy the back catalogue now, but when I tried years ago I was absolutely bored.

Listen to the new version with Floor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkYwOJZONU

and the original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8ykQLYnX0

So much more powerful now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4