Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish

Go down 
+24
Fat Freddy
stormspell
sidmaximus
Sole Survivor
ShadowAngel
James B.
Olafsto
mc666
Lurideath
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Doomdance
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Addy
Citanul
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
DallasBlack
tohostudios
manny
Lari
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Empty
PostSubject: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 pm

For now, Floor Jansen steps in to replace her.

http://www.nightwish.com/en/news#2187

Quote :

Press Statement

Another chapter of the Nightwish story has ended today. Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company, in mutual understanding, for the good of all parties involved.

In recent times it has become increasingly obvious that the direction and the needs of the band were in conflict, and this has led to a division from which we cannot recover.

Nightwish has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from The Netherlands (ex-After Forever, ReVamp), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the Imaginaerum world tour.

We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone.
We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together.

- NIGHTWISH & Anette Olzon
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:31 pm

That sucks, I thought she did a good job on those two discs she recorded with them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

I like Floor Janesen's voice a lot but I still can't stand most of Tuomas' songwriting anymore.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like Floor Janesen's voice a lot but I still can't stand most of Tuomas' songwriting anymore.

I'm starting to get there as the last one didn't hold me too long. I didn't hate it, but I sure didn't love it either.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm

The newer Nightwish stuff just hasn't held my interest over time like their earlier albums.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Damn not again with this. I guess this should have been expected since just yesturday she posted how unhappy she was the band did a show without her. Now I wonder if she was even sick at all this time....

I actually like Anette better than Tarja and the last 2 albums were really good.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Damn not again with this. I guess this should have been expected since just yesturday she posted how unhappy she was the band did a show without her. Now I wonder if she was even sick at all this time....

I actually like Anette better than Tarja and the last 2 albums were really good.

I like Annette's voice fine. I really liked Dark Passion Play but didn't pick up their last cd. It seems like each time I wanted to listen to Nightwish I'd reach for the older stuff every time. But with Annette's post it does make you wonder if she really was sick.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Floor Jansen is perfection in a woman. I even almost enjoyed MaYan at ProgPower USA because of her and Henning Basse. She is taller than Toumas, maybe she can threaten him somehow to stop writing lamed-out lollipop/corset metal.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Floor, if you see this, I would also like to be threatened. I've done plenty of stuff wrong. I deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:21 am

It's not a good sign when a band member leaves in the middle of a tour. I can understand them bringing in a replacement if she was sick, but her health problems seem not to have been that serious, so there's something more to it.

I don't have their latest album, but I enjoyed Dark Passion Play. I haven't heard that much of earlier Nightwish, but from what I have heard I actually prefer their later stuff.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 am

From what I Was reading she is having some health issues, that she's pretty sick where she was admitted and tests were run and from what i understood found nothing wrong. I would think her health would be a big factor here to this development
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 am

Addy wrote:
I would think her health would be a big factor here to this development

But then wouldn't the statement reflect that? For her health not to be mentioned at all suggests that something else is going on.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 am

The only Nightwish album I have is Once, I supposed I should add more of their stuff to my collection. From what I have seen on other forums, 70 - 75% of Nightwish fans are happy with the move and think that Floor is a much better fit for the band.

In the meantime, I should start collecting more of their albums....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 am

Citanul wrote:
Addy wrote:
I would think her health would be a big factor here to this development

But then wouldn't the statement reflect that? For her health not to be mentioned at all suggests that something else is going on.

The day before she was let go, she posted a blog complaining about Nightwish playing without her, saying she wasn't even asked if it was OK, asked how she felt about it, etc. They just replaced her for the evening without telling her. She felt they should have cancelled the show.

Next day, she was fired.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am

thejokeriv wrote:
The only Nightwish album I have is Once, I supposed I should add more of their stuff to my collection. From what I have seen on other forums, 70 - 75% of Nightwish fans are happy with the move and think that Floor is a much better fit for the band.

yeah flush that one and get something worth your time musically, especially as a Maiden fan.... get 'Oceanborn' and 'Wishmaster'.
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:17 am

This had to be planned... Otherwise Nightwish would have a problem. They contacted Floor before they fired Anette. One day she complaines the next day she's gone and the same day replaced by Floor.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

yeah flush that one and get something worth your time musically, especially as a Maiden fan.... get 'Oceanborn' and 'Wishmaster'.

I know a good number of Maiden fans in Europe are also Nightwish fans
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 am

Last album was very good, enjoyed it a lot even being absolutely uninterested in Nightwish. I heard all of them with the best frontwoman ever Tarja and "Best Of" is for sure enough to me. So it's not very good to hear, especially taking into account that no one likes poor Annete.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 am

I think Annette is a great singer and seems like a nice person. Like I said, maybe Floor, the Amazon, can beat some sense into Tuomas.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 pm

I thought they sounded better on the last album. This whole thing stinks, fire and hire replacement on the same day is just too convenient. Some big ego issues going on here.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:10 pm

AWESOME!

I hope Floor becomes the new singer. That was my wish when Tarja left. Floor is a perfect replacement, as she can do the operatic stuff Tarja did and she could easily do the Annette stuff even better than she did.

And Floor is super sexy! BOING!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:18 pm

This band is LAME!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This band is LAME!
YO' MAMA!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:52 pm

hopefully Anette will come back with another band. maybe a more straight forward hard rock act. i'd like to hear her with a band like Lullacry.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:12 pm

mc666 wrote:
hopefully Anette will come back with another band. maybe a more straight forward hard rock act. i'd like to hear her with a band like Lullacry.
She'd work much better in a band like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next