Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish

Go down 
+24
Fat Freddy
stormspell
sidmaximus
Sole Survivor
ShadowAngel
James B.
Olafsto
mc666
Lurideath
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Doomdance
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Addy
Citanul
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
DallasBlack
tohostudios
manny
Lari
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
hopefully Anette will come back with another band. maybe a more straight forward hard rock act. i'd like to hear her with a band like Lullacry.
She'd work much better in a band like that.

I agree. My complaint with the last 2 Nightwish albums doesn't have anything to do with Anette; it's all about Tuomas' pretentious, overblown songwriting. I think Floor fits that style better but I still wouldn't buy anything more from these band until Tuomas reins in his bombast. Nightwish always was somewhat bombastic but it's just gotten out of control now IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Anyone who knew of Tuomas' love of grandiose soundtracks, theatrics, and so on could see this coming. And honestly, I don't think the albums have suffered too much. Sure I don't think the songs are as strong as older material, but songs are still very good. My opinion, of course.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This band is LAME!

From what ive heard im not a big fan either but i chimed in just because I had read something on them
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Addy wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
This band is LAME!

From what ive heard im not a big fan either but i chimed in just because I had read something on them

Oh, you know Lurideath. He's always willing to take time from his busy schedule to berate a band he hates. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Damn not again with this. I guess this should have been expected since just yesturday she posted how unhappy she was the band did a show without her. Now I wonder if she was even sick at all this time....

I actually like Anette better than Tarja and the last 2 albums were really good.

Yeah me too. Always been a fan, but the last two albums are my favorites and i also prefer Anette over Tarja.
Poor Anette never had a chance i guess, all the abuse she gets from the Tarja worshippers had to lead to this.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 am

I liked the earlier Nightwish a little bit better, from Oceanborn to Once. But I didn't actually care for Tarja Turunen's singing. That's why I welcomed Anette, and Dark Passion Play was real good song-wise, too. Imagenaerium was a little too weird for me.

But now they have a singer I really like. Let's just hope she can stay for the next album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:23 am

Coming Soon boys

Playboy's "The girls of Noghtwish" pictorial set

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:23 am

Citanul wrote:
It's not a good sign when a band member leaves in the middle of a tour. I can understand them bringing in a replacement if she was sick, but her health problems seem not to have been that serious, so there's something more to it.

She has health problems for years, her blog is more like a medical file than anything else. Also she complained about the constant touring and not being able to see her children.
Also Tuomas has a huge ego and wants to be in control, if you don't follow him, you're out. That what happened to Sami Vanska and i'm pretty sure it also wasn't just Tarjas fault that she wasn't able to continue. Maybe now again there were some disputes, probably about the touring.

It's also interesting, that they so quickly recruited Floor Jansen. First all because back when Tarja was fired, she was named in every Nightwishforum and there were speculations that she could be the replacement. Maybe Annette was just a placeholder until Floor was free to be hired?

Anyway, while i really like Imaginaerum (and disliked Dark Passion Play) i'm not too unhappy about it. Floor sounds a lot more like Tarja and maybe she can force Tuomas to got a bit more back to the sound and songs of Oceanborn and Wishmaster
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 am

He won't go back to the style of the first three, because the more esoteric, imaginative, and musical stuff does not draw the big crowd and sales they have now with CHUG A LUG CHUG A LUG SYMPHONY SYMPHONY SYMPHONY CHUG A LUG CHUG A LUG BREAKDOWN CHORUS CHORUS CHORUS CHORUS CHORUS CHORUS CHORUS.

People who are all up on the hating because of keyboards or their popularity now or whatever it is are missing the point, the first three records have got very atypical songwriting and structuring and a lot of very different themes and atmospheres for that kind of metal, a lot of subtlety in the ideas and things. I can hate all the new stuff as much as I want but I have to admit that there is a lot of early stuff that really speaks to me, that's what it is about rather then how much does this band sound like X classic band or X classic band, it's about capturing the mood for what it is and relating to it. The old stuff is rich in that way..... the new stuff is about as subtle as a Hot Topic corset to the face.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:56 am

ShadowAngel wrote:
Also Tuomas has a huge ego and wants to be in control, if you don't follow him, you're out. That what happened to Sami Vanska and i'm pretty sure it also wasn't just Tarjas fault that she wasn't able to continue. Maybe now again there were some disputes, probably about the touring.
This is one of the biggest things I hate about fans. Where has Tuomas ever shown himself to have a huge ego? The guy has never come across as anything but humble, down to Earth, and kind. Does wanting to be in control equate to HUGE ego? Hardly. A ship needs a captain, bro. Nightwish is his band; he writes nearly all the music; it's his vision. That's got nothing to do with ego.

I just find it annoying when so-called fans act like they're buds with these musicians, that they know all these intimate things about them. It's absurd. Sure, maybe he is an insane egomaniac, but he has never come across as such in anything that I have ever watched or read. So where are you getting your info?
Back to top Go down
Sole Survivor
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sole Survivor

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The guy has never come across as anything but humble, down to Earth, and kind. Does wanting to be in control equate to HUGE ego? Hardly. A ship needs a captain, bro. Nightwish is his band; he writes nearly all the music; it's his vision. That's got nothing to do with ego.

As a person who has talked with Tuomas, I totally agree with eyesore. He was very down to earth and easy to chat with. No egotrip or rockstar syndrome there.

When people read news, magazines and sites, you need to realize that there is only a one part of the truth presented.

Why Anette left is something only she and the boys of the band know. Anything else is just speculation.

What comes to Tarja, I remember Marco saying to me after a Tarot gig few years back something like this: "Deep down inside Tarja is a very sweet and nice person, who just have been led astray with wrong people around her."

I think Marco knows.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:24 pm

I discovered Nightwish a few years ago and I always thougt Tarja was unique in her approach using her I am assuming classical training with the symphonic metal sound that band conjured up but I could never get it too much. Also Tarja, love her or hate her, she has an incredible stage presence.

I personally preferred Anette Olzon's voice, a lot less dramatic and more approachable. Replacing a vocalist in the middle of a major tour, does not seem like the best idea but the fanboys seem happy with Floor Jensen.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Nightwish blew me away when I first heard them. I picked up Oceanborn and Angels Fall First while in Korea, back in 1999 or 2000. When Tarja began singing on "Elvenpath," I was floored. It was just so cool, so unique to me. At the time, these kinds of bands with operatic singers weren't so common. I've always loved female-fronted metal bands, but I'd never heard one like Nightwish.

But I can understand why many would take issue with Tarja's voice. Or voices like that in metal.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:

This is one of the biggest things I hate about fans. Where has Tuomas ever shown himself to have a huge ego?

Kicking out Sami Vanska just because Tuomas thought he isn't the right guy for the music they play (regardless at least on Century Child continuing with the exactly same sound as before)
Or all the Tarja crap, both sides behaved like children, blaming each other to no end. It was ridiculous.

Besides, people do behave differently to Fans. They know that Fans are important, those are the people who keep making them money, those are the people who keep them in business. So of course they are as friendly as possible.
I mean look at the Dio - Campbell situation. Both guys are very nice, really friendly to fans but they hated each other and Dio (and i smurfing love that guy) had some ego-problems. It was known back then, it's an open secret, watch all his old interviews on Youtube. There's one from 1992 where he basically shits all over Blackmore and Campbell, mentions Iommi but as it was on the Black Sabbath Tour he makes a curveball saying that all is in the past. Same goes for Campbell: Fans say, he's a nice guy. Yet his comments about Dio make him look like an sfincter.

The same i see with Tuomas: He has his vision of what Nightwish is or should be and he kicks out members if they either disagree with him or try to steer him in a different way or simply don't fit anymore.
(And personally i liked Sami Vanskas bass playing a lot more than that of Marco Hietala)

There's a reason why most of all bands go through different members and Egos clash all the time. It's not criticism (in the end, everybody would probably behave that way, thinking about himself first and then the other people, i would too, if i was in a band, i would want to make as much money as possible and have as much say as possible, doesn't mean i'm an sfincter or i wouldn't be there for the fans in the situation)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
sidmaximus
Metal novice
Metal novice
sidmaximus

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Damn! This made my day! I'm happy for them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:31 am

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/tarja-turunen-wont-return-to-nightwish/
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sole Survivor
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sole Survivor

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 am

Addy wrote:
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/tarja-turunen-wont-return-to-nightwish/

Very Happy

It has been amusing and awkward at the same time to follow the writing around this.

I bet the boys of NW don´t want Turunen to join the band.

She don´t want it either.

People should just let it go.

Both parties are doing better this way.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

This is one of the biggest things I hate about fans. Where has Tuomas ever shown himself to have a huge ego?

Kicking out Sami Vanska just because Tuomas thought he isn't the right guy for the music they play (regardless at least on Century Child continuing with the exactly same sound as before)
Or all the Tarja crap, both sides behaved like children, blaming each other to no end. It was ridiculous.

Besides, people do behave differently to Fans. They know that Fans are important, those are the people who keep making them money, those are the people who keep them in business. So of course they are as friendly as possible.
I mean look at the Dio - Campbell situation. Both guys are very nice, really friendly to fans but they hated each other and Dio (and i smurfing love that guy) had some ego-problems. It was known back then, it's an open secret, watch all his old interviews on Youtube. There's one from 1992 where he basically shits all over Blackmore and Campbell, mentions Iommi but as it was on the Black Sabbath Tour he makes a curveball saying that all is in the past. Same goes for Campbell: Fans say, he's a nice guy. Yet his comments about Dio make him look like an sfincter.

The same i see with Tuomas: He has his vision of what Nightwish is or should be and he kicks out members if they either disagree with him or try to steer him in a different way or simply don't fit anymore.
(And personally i liked Sami Vanskas bass playing a lot more than that of Marco Hietala)

There's a reason why most of all bands go through different members and Egos clash all the time. It's not criticism (in the end, everybody would probably behave that way, thinking about himself first and then the other people, i would too, if i was in a band, i would want to make as much money as possible and have as much say as possible, doesn't mean i'm an sfincter or i wouldn't be there for the fans in the situation)
So you're just speculating, because none of this is proof of anything. He's the boss in Nightwish, and Nightwish is a business, and it's a job for all members in the band. People get fired from jobs all the time.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:37 am

Nightwish have an official book in which the situation with Vanska is explained. It was actually Tuomas who quit the band, because he could not make the decision firing Vanska.

Tarja will return, it is just not the time yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 am

Pretty solid compilation of tunes played on Oct 3.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:12 am

And seriously, Jukka's favorite drummer has to be Scott Rockenfeld, right? He plays and behind the kit even looks exactly like him.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Check this out.

The girl from Amaranthe doing "Nemo." Guess this is her try-out for the band when Tarja left. While she's not quite up to Tarja's level, I cannot believe the chose Anette over her. This sounds quite good.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:00 pm

That would be productive only if it meant we may have avoided Amaranthe.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Check this out.

The girl from Amaranthe doing "Nemo." Guess this is her try-out for the band when Tarja left. While she's not quite up to Tarja's level, I cannot believe the chose Anette over her. This sounds quite good.
I hope that's just a demo because if not I can see why she didn't get the gig. Her voice is totally overpowered on the chorus. She has a pretty-enough voice but it just doesn't seem strong enough.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
That would be productive only if it meant we may have avoided Amaranthe.
They're a damn good band, so...no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next