Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annette Olzon planning a solo album

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Annette Olzon planning a solo album Empty
PostSubject: Annette Olzon planning a solo album   Annette Olzon planning a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:00 pm

I am not a big Night Wish fan, but it seems premature to record a solo album after only recording one album with Night Wish, but anyway here is the news:

Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon has Bagge-d some high-level help for her upcoming solo album.
Swedish producer/songwriter Anders Bagge will be involved in the writing process. And this man has come up with hits in the past for Madonna, Jessica Simpson, Celine Dion and Janet Jackson – plus, he’s a massive Cannibal Corpse fan.
Presumably, this last fact swung it for Anette, who’s planning on doing the solo record next year while Nightwish take a break.
Says the singer: “Me and Petri [her manager, Petri H. Lundén] came to his big house [yesterday], and had a meeting with him and his writing team. It was a really fun and crazy moment. Anders is a really funny guy, and I laughed all the time
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Annette Olzon planning a solo album   Annette Olzon planning a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Does sound wierd to me. Shes good but I don't know if she'll be that good for a solo album. I don't think everyone is familiar with her enough for her to be doing something like this. I also wonder if this will sound like Nightwish or something totally different. Her original band was more just straight up rock. don\'t know

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Annette Olzon planning a solo album   Annette Olzon planning a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Sounds to me like she's gotten the same "big head" that Tuomas has. Her voice is decent but not enough to carry a solo album IMO, at least not until she's more well known.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Annette Olzon planning a solo album   Annette Olzon planning a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:29 pm

not a thing wrong with her wanting to do a solo album. perhaps she wants to try something that doesn't really fit in with the Nightwish sound. i'll be interested in hearing what she comes up with. hopefully something more rock & less pomp. that's what her voice is more suited for.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Annette Olzon planning a solo album   Annette Olzon planning a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:35 pm

mc666 wrote:
not a thing wrong with her wanting to do a solo album. perhaps she wants to try something that doesn't really fit in with the Nightwish sound. i'll be interested in hearing what she comes up with. hopefully something more rock & less pomp. that's what her voice is more suited for.

I agree with that. I'd actually probably be more interested in her solo album than I am in the bloated, pomp Nightwish is producting these days.

It's just that the timing seems odd.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Annette Olzon planning a solo album   Annette Olzon planning a solo album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:49 am

She has released albums with her prior band too. So she's not a total noob. And she is more into more mellow rock than what Nightwish is know for, so this is probably an outlet for that.

PostSubject: Re: Annette Olzon planning a solo album   Annette Olzon planning a solo album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annette Olzon planning a solo album
Page 1 of 1