Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish

Go down 
+24
Fat Freddy
stormspell
sidmaximus
Sole Survivor
ShadowAngel
James B.
Olafsto
mc666
Lurideath
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Doomdance
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Addy
Citanul
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
DallasBlack
tohostudios
manny
Lari
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Check this out.

The girl from Amaranthe doing "Nemo." Guess this is her try-out for the band when Tarja left. While she's not quite up to Tarja's level, I cannot believe the chose Anette over her. This sounds quite good.
I hope that's just a demo because if not I can see why she didn't get the gig.  Her voice is totally overpowered on the chorus.  She has a pretty-enough voice but it just doesn't seem strong enough.  
It's a demo. And her voice probably isn't strong enough for old Nightwish material, but it's much stronger than what Annette brought to the table.

That's my point here, I guess. While I dig what those albums with Annette, her voice has no balls, you know.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Check this out.

The girl from Amaranthe doing "Nemo." Guess this is her try-out for the band when Tarja left. While she's not quite up to Tarja's level, I cannot believe the chose Anette over her. This sounds quite good.
I hope that's just a demo because if not I can see why she didn't get the gig.  Her voice is totally overpowered on the chorus.  She has a pretty-enough voice but it just doesn't seem strong enough.  
It's a demo. And her voice probably isn't strong enough for old Nightwish material, but it's much stronger than what Annette brought to the table.

That's my point here, I guess. While I dig what those albums with Annette, her voice has no balls, you know.
I think she'd be a good fit in Within Temptation if Sharon den Adel ever quit the band. I hear a lot of similarities in their voices.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Yes, but whats the dynamic range of her voice?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:46 pm

No way of knowing for sure without checking out the Japanese vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 pm

I thought Annette fit well with what they wrote for her. The Crow The Owl and The Dove is one of my favorite songs by them.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:44 pm

lol! 
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
No way of knowing for sure without checking out the Japanese vinyl.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:17 am

This is no surprise i guess... Looking forward to hear a stuudio album from this line up.

Ms. Floor Jansen is a keeper.

Also, we will be a six-piece band from now on, as Mr. Troy Donockley (uilleann pipes, low whistles, vocals) will become a full-time member of NIGHTWISH.

Originally we were going to wait until 2014 to make a decision about the future line-up of the band, but the past year has clearly shown us that Floor and Troy are perfect matching pieces to our puzzle, and we are really grateful of the bond that has grown between all of us. We love you guys.

Tuomas
Marco
Jukka
Emppu

Commented vocalist Floor Jansen: "Words cannot describe what I feel! This union is beyond everything and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to continue this amazing journey with my new brothers! Once I had a dream…and this is it!!!"

Piper/whistleman, added vocalist Troy Donockley: "`Imaginaerum World Tour´was a revelation to me and in that time, I became aware of a growing unity and then, finally, a transcendence of all the usual nonsense that affects bands. A beautiful process. And since the idea, the musical dream that is NIGHTWISH has been a part of me since before I was born, I am delighted to officially sail into uncharted waters with my brothers and sister. Wondrous scenes Ahoy! "

The new line-up can be seen on the live / tour documentary DVD »Showtime, Storytime«, released on November 29th.

Watch a brand new trailer, directed by Ville Lipiäinen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_czsLPig_0s&feature=youtu.be

Preorder »Showtime, Storytime« at:
the official Nightwish Shop at: http://shop.nightwish.com/ (Shipping worldwide!)
or from http://smarturl.it/NIGHTWISHShowtime

www.nightwish.com | www.facebook.com/nightwish | www.nuclearblast.de/nightwish
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:43 am

Just read this. Stoked! I wanted them to go after Floor back when they booted Tarja. She is perfect for them, and in many ways even better than Tarja. Her operatic vocals are on par with Tarja's, but Floor has a lot more power and grit in some of her other registers.

Hopefully Tuomas has gotten too lost in all the theatrical stuff and her voice isn't wasted on the next album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
Just read this. Stoked! I wanted them to go after Floor back when they booted Tarja. She is perfect for them, and in many ways even better than Tarja. Her operatic vocals are on par with Tarja's, but Floor has a lot more power and grit in some of her other registers.

Hopefully Tuomas has gotten too lost in all the theatrical stuff and her voice isn't wasted on the next album.
Only have one Nightwish album, but fans I know (outside of the board) are very excited about Floor staying with the band. Some friends saw them with her last year and were absolutely floored with her performance.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:07 am

Quote :
Only have one Nightwish album, but fans I know (outside of the board) are very excited about Floor staying with the band. Some friends saw them with her last year and were absolutely floored with her performance.

...so they were "floored" by "Floor?" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
...so they were "floored" by "Floor?" Very Happy
LOL! Yep! (pun intended)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:53 am

I never heard of Floor Jensen til she sang for Nightwish, but she has a killer voice and maybe with her, then break thru in the States. BTW never meet a woman named Floor IMO
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 am

Never heard of her?

Floor Jansen has done a lot of singing for Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Ayreon and Star One.

There's a new Nightwish live DVD coming now with Jansen
http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/news/details/3149570.70948.nightwish-details-of-new-live-dvd.html
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:22 am

"Once I had a dream…and this is it!!!"

I'm part of that dream also, but I understand how in the pressure of putting out a statement for the media a girl could let it slip her mind.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Lari wrote:
Never heard of her?

Floor Jansen has done a lot of singing for Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Ayreon and Star One.

There's a new Nightwish live DVD coming now with Jansen
http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/news/details/3149570.70948.nightwish-details-of-new-live-dvd.html
She also fronted After Forever, a symphonic beauty/beast style metal band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Floor is a Dutch name, isn't it? So it doesn't mean the English word floor.

BTW, what happened to the movie Imaginarium? Was it ever released? Did I not get the memo?

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:08 pm

It was released. There was also a soundtrack to the movie.

I never saw it. I heard it was pretentious, overblown and boring.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Lari wrote:
It was released. There was also a soundtrack to the movie.

I never saw it. I heard it was pretentious, overblown and boring.
lol! No comment! Laughing very hard 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Floor is brilliant. Definitely check out After Forever and ReVamp. The later After Forever stuff has very little death growls.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 am

Man, Floor sounds awesome. I will say, though, the song definitely suits Annette's voice better than Floor's. She does an awesome job, but it sounds very different.

And seriously, this drummer has got to be Scott Rockenfeld's biggest fan. He place and looks just like him! Haha.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 am

Eyesore wrote:

Man, Floor sounds awesome. I will say, though, the song definitely suits Annette's voice better than Floor's. She does an awesome job, but it sounds very different.

And seriously, this drummer has got to be Scott Rockenfeld's biggest fan. He place and looks just like him! Haha.
Saw that clip, and now that you mention it, he does seem to be a HUGE SR fan......

As far as Floor, I listened to both back to back and I thought Floor was MUCH better on the song - she has a stronger and more powerful voice than Anette. I thought Floor was able to sing over the music where as Anette's vocals kind of get lost in the music....

Of course, I'm not a huge Nightwish fan, but I am sure I will get this on blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Might be that I'm just used to Annette's version. It certainly isn't bad with Floor singing it, that's for sure; but the song, to me, seems to maybe suit Annette's sweet, less powerful voice better.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:20 pm

As much as I enjoy Floor's vocals, I really don't enjoy any of her previous bands. Nightwish was once one of my favorites with Tarja. Then Annette came along and I didn't mind them. As long as Tuomas Holopainen is the main songwriter I'll most likely enjoy their material with Floor.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Might be that I'm just used to Annette's version. It certainly isn't bad with Floor singing it, that's for sure; but the song, to me, seems to maybe suit Annette's sweet, less powerful voice better.
That's probably what it is - I'm just not as used to hearing her sing it and could easily pick which singer I liked better
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:21 am

I never liked Tarja. Anette was okay, but her voice is a bit too thin. Floor will probably be the best vocalist they've had, but seriously Tuomas should just let Marco Hietala sing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anette Olzon out of Nightwish   Anette Olzon out of Nightwish - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anette Olzon out of Nightwish
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next