Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 am

ultmetal wrote:
Though I am a Kiss fanatic, I think I will pass on those.

Savin' your nickels for the $4000 "Monster Book" are ya? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Did I miss a memo? I could've sworn the Monster album was coming out on Oct. 16th here in the U.S., but now I'm reading that it'll be out a week earlier, on the 9th. Did they bump it up a week? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm just curious.

The release date on Amazon changed to Oct. 9 a little while back. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

Cool beans. I'm off from work next week, so I'll have plenty o'time to listen to the CD. Very Happy

While you are picking the new KISS disc, you can stop by a load up on some Hello Kitty KISS merchandise :

The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Hello-kitty-kiss-plush

Rolling Eyes Does Gene just rubber stamp everything "APPROVED"? I would love to see some pics of potential merch that Gene & Paul actually said "NO" to. If such a thing exists.

I'll get the new album, but that as far as I'll go when it comes to merch.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Did I miss a memo? I could've sworn the Monster album was coming out on Oct. 16th here in the U.S., but now I'm reading that it'll be out a week earlier, on the 9th. Did they bump it up a week? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm just curious.

The release date on Amazon changed to Oct. 9 a little while back. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

Cool beans. I'm off from work next week, so I'll have plenty o'time to listen to the CD. Very Happy

While you are picking the new KISS disc, you can stop by a load up on some Hello Kitty KISS merchandise :

The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Hello-kitty-kiss-plush

Rolling Eyes Does Gene just rubber stamp everything "APPROVED"? I would love to see some pics of potential merch that Gene & Paul actually said "NO" to. If such a thing exists.

I'll get the new album, but that as far as I'll go when it comes to merch.

They are female fan approved. My daughter is a 20 year old art student in Detroit. We lived in Japan for 14 years where Hello Kitty was/is very popular. She thinks the KISS Hello Kitties are totally cool and wants to buy them. So I guess there is a market for something like this. I wouldn't buy them, but show me an official KISS PEZ Dispenser...
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 pm

MEGATRON wrote:
Kick ass album! Eat Your Heart Out and Outta This World are the only mediocre tracks. They sound like Sonic Boom leftovers and even reuse SB lyrics in some parts. The rest of the album is very good, but Paul's voice is clearly not what it used to be. Hell or Hallelujah is his best vocal performance. The Devil Is Me is a great Gene tune.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear a positive review. Looking forward to Tuesday!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Quote :
We lived in Japan for 14 years where Hello Kitty was/is very popular.

Japan has a very long and mostly creepy history with the Hello Kitty franchise.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

It's already out in some parts of the world.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:58 am

I regret ordering this online, because noe I hava to wait for the US release fate, and then the shipping delay. I could gave picked it up here in my own local record store today!!

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:07 pm

kmorg wrote:
I regret ordering this online, because noe I hava to wait for the US release fate, and then the shipping delay. I could gave picked it up here in my own local record store today!!

Since the order hasn't been filled or shipped, you may be able to go online and cancel it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 pm

I pre-ordered the vinyl, assuming like all the other Kiss vinyls, that it will sell out. We'll see.

I'll get the CD as well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 pm

I got the new cd yesterday. Spun it 3 times. And being a huge KISS fan I hate to say that so far I think it's ok at best.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 am

spinning 2nd time, still don't like it.
hate dat Stanley's electro voice and radio friendly music, whole album makes one same sounding machinery, wout any differences between songs or start and ending of album. all song are like one but separate by numbers.
i'm glad dat i won't buy it and haven't give my money to mr. $immon$.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:48 am

nevermore wrote:
I got the new cd yesterday. Spun it 3 times. And being a huge KISS fan I hate to say that so far I think it's ok at best.

I have to agree with you - I have heard it and it's just OK, not great. I was expecting more after Sonic Boom (which I thought was great). Nothing really stuck out as great to me. Maybe it will grow on me but it just seemed like an album full of filler.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:17 pm

These last three assessments have me not as excited about this release. I've stayed away from hearing any samples because.... well it's Kiss and I'll be buying it either way, so I like to get a first listen when I have the thing in the player. Kinda bummed to hear these thoughts on it. Really dug Sonic Boom too. Guess I'll find out Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I have to agree with you - I have heard it and it's just OK, not great. I was expecting more after Sonic Boom (which I thought was great). Nothing really stuck out as great to me. Maybe it will grow on me but it just seemed like an album full of filler.

A counterpoint to the lukewarm reviews posted here is Martin Popoff's review of the new KISS album at Bravewords.com:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/191486

After reading this review, I'm definitely excited! Looking forward to October 9th. (And I've still only heard Hell or Hallelujah.)
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:23 pm

jstate wrote:
These last three assessments have me not as excited about this release. I've stayed away from hearing any samples because.... well it's Kiss and I'll be buying it either way, so I like to get a first listen when I have the thing in the player. Kinda bummed to hear these thoughts on it. Really dug Sonic Boom too. Guess I'll find out Tuesday.

Be excited jstate! :cheese:
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:30 pm

"Carnival Of Souls crossed with The Dictators’ Bloodbrothers, the self-titled New York Dolls, Get Your Wings from Aerosmith, and Sonic Boom by these four wily rockers that know how to throw a party."

Okay - this does make me feel a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:42 pm

The guitars are a bit distorted here and there, but that's forgivable. This is an incredible album. This mix is awesome, but the mastering is way too loud. Musically, it sounds to me like all eras of the band mixed together, while at the same time sounding somehow tougher than any thing they've ever done.

Tommy's not noticeably imitating Ace's solos this time around either.

And Paul sounds a MILLION times better than he did on Sonic Boom.

Last edited by Cliffy on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:23 pm

jstate wrote:

Well, you may really love it! There are a few different opinions in this thread - Cliffy seems to love it. Even though I have heard it, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail. It wasn't "cancel the order" awful. I will say that it's better than Crazy Nights and Hot In The Shade!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 am

Coffee anyone?

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 am

jstate wrote:
"Carnival Of Souls crossed with The Dictators’ Bloodbrothers, the self-titled New York Dolls, Get Your Wings from Aerosmith, and Sonic Boom by these four wily rockers that know how to throw a party."

Okay - this does make me feel a lot better.

My heart sank when the first three words I read were 'carnival', 'of' and 'souls'. That's the only KISS album where I do not like a single track.

However, the subsequent four albums listed above number among my favorites...so...that should make up for any carnival-of-soul-iness.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:45 am

jstate wrote:

Ahhh, you typed the words right out of my fingers. My sentiments exactly.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:09 am

Listened to it again and I had a couple thoughts - Gene's playing is more interesting on this album. Eric's sounds sound like Paul and Gene getting a last jab in at Peter. I can just picture the situation in the studio - Paul says "OK Eric - this track needs to sound like a track that Peter wishes he had record on his 1978 failure of solo album"

And on the Ace track it's almost as if Paul said "OK Tommy, sing like Ace but if Ace tried to be a real singer like me"

I don't hear COS in this at all. If anything I hear Love Gun meets Psycho Circus with a bit of Revenge thrown in for good measure.

I do agree with Cliffy that the mixing/mastering sound great. The production sounds better than Monster.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:10 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I don't hear COS in this at all. If anything I hear Love Gun meets Psycho Circus with a bit of Revenge thrown in for good measure.

I like the sound of that. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:30 am

Hopefully WalMart will stock some remastered catalog around this new release...that way I can kill 2 birds w/ one stone.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Hopefully WalMart will stock some remastered catalog around this new release...that way I can kill 2 birds w/ one stone.

I usually see any assortment of the first six albums whenever I'm at WM, usually from $5 to $7. I've never seen anything beyond those though (save for SB, obviously).

Though, if this matters to you, I believe the Best Buy version of Monster is to have the same extra track that iTunes will, so. I plan to go that route, personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next