Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disappointing albums you've purchased...

Go down 
+40
Morrison
Troublezone
kmorg
mikeinfla
Sole Survivor
ghost
Grimmo
Leatherface
stormspell
Wurthless
Hadley
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
metalinmyveins
T-Roy
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
mc666
Fat Freddy
EmoElmo
Gryphon-kl
brokentulsa
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
metalhead777
MetalGuy71
Andy
adrian
Eyesore
jettafiend
krokus
Witchfinder
BearOnUnicycle
jstate
ZombieHavoc
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Blood Red Skies is the only song I like from Ram It Down. The rest, frankly, is an embarrassment. The drum machines, the horrid production, the infantile lyrics...not worthy of the lofty Judas Priest standard.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
Blood Red Skies is the only song I like from Ram It Down. The rest, frankly, is an embarrassment. The drum machines, the horrid production, the infantile lyrics...not worthy of the lofty Judas Priest standard.

Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 19976

My opinion of the album is bolstered by heaps of nostalgia from the summer of 1988.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:36 pm

[quote]
Andy wrote:
The worst album I ever bought was probably Nightrage's "Descent into Chaos" or Battlore's "The Last Alliance". I did not care for them at all.

I bought a Battlelore album, I forget which one, around 2004 or so. It was terrible. I listened to it maybe twice, and promptly sold it.[quote]

I bought one too, someone told me it had LOTR's songs on it so I took a chance. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:41 pm

It's been so long since I purchase and album i've not liked due to samples now I had to think. Other then the usual suspects, Load, Risk, Stomp 442, I purchase one way back by Messiah Prophet Band. Master of the Metal was decent NWOBHM inspired rock so I picked up the first one, Rock the Flock and not only was the title terrible it was bland, uninspired drivel.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
No mention of St. Anger? I know some of the older fans were disappointed with the black album, then appalled with Load and Reload, but I think those are great albums. St. Anger, on the other hand...damn. Can't imagine anyone expected something that bad.

But alas, then came Lola...

And anything after And Justice For All is poor for Metallica IMHO.

That second Wildside album was sure a stinker, completely different than the first record.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:

My opinion of the album is bolstered by heaps of nostalgia from the summer of 1988.

Must be why I also like the album, not to mention I was happy it was not Turbo II
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Dark Horseman wrote:
It's been so long since I purchase and album i've not liked due to samples now I had to think. Other then the usual suspects, Load, Risk, Stomp 442, I purchase one way back by Messiah Prophet Band. Master of the Metal was decent NWOBHM inspired rock so I picked up the first one, Rock the Flock and not only was the title terrible it was bland, uninspired drivel.
Rock the Flock was of the "cheddar" flavor!!

But Master of the Metal was/is awesome. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:45 pm

I usually like cheese but man, that was some stinky stuff.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I usually like cheese but man, that was some stinky stuff.
Munster?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

IMHO, Rock The Flock is a horrid album, especially the title track. I almost didn't buy Master Of The Metal until I heard the demo tape at the local Christian bookstore, which I am glad I did, it's a good album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:

The late 80s for me were not a very pleasant time, so music from those years tends to bring back mostly unhappy memories. Probably one of the reasons there is very little left in my collection from that time.

My favorite Priest is the late 70s stuff up through Screaming For Vengeance. I would say Ram It Down is probably my least favorite album with Halford. (never listened or wanted to listen to Nostradamus, so who knows)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

I love Queen, easily one of my favorite bands, but that 'Flash Gordon' and 'Hot Spaces' albums tested my loyality.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:05 pm

When it comes to Ram It Down, i love the title track, Hard as Iron, and of course, Blood Red Skies, but the rest of the album has too many plodding, slow-paced songs like monsters of rock and love you to death. They needed more fast-paced songs on that album IMO.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Helloween - Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon

I actually always liked those 2 for some reason with Pink Bubbles being the better of the 2. Very different from what came before but still a good listen, I think.

I still own Pink Bubbles (though I haven't listened to it in dog years) but I got rid of Chameleon years ago, I guess that counts for something. PBGA has a couple of semi decent tracks, but Chameleon just left me cold.

I was especially pissed by how sub-par those albums were, cuz I'd spent big $$ for import copies of both of those CDs (as neither was available in the U.S. at the time).

I like both of those. They are not 'wow lets listen to them all the time' but i do enjoy a listen now and then.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

IMHO, Rock The Flock is a horrid album, especially the title track. I almost didn't buy Master Of The Metal until I heard the demo tape at the local Christian bookstore, which I am glad I did, it's a good album

Force 3 - warrior of light.

Just plain bad.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:46 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Force 3 - warrior of light.

Just plain bad.

Ouch!!! Yeah, that one is pretty bad too!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:33 pm

I like Ram it Down AND Turbo.

Especially Turbo. After Painkiller, that one is my favorite. Ram it Down is far from my favorite Priest, but I do like it. Definitely much more than most do.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Especially Turbo. After Painkiller, that one is my favorite. Ram it Down is far from my favorite Priest, but I do like it. Definitely much more than most do.

With the exception of Reckless, Turbo is the worst thing they have ever done. It's god awful.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:27 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Wow ,although I don't mind Turbo too much I would never rank it that high in the Priest discography. In fact, I think you're the first person I've heard speak that highly of it. But...to each his own.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:31 pm

007 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Wow ,although I don't mind Turbo too much I would never rank it that high in the Priest discography. In fact, I think you're the first person I've heard speak that highly of it. But...to each his own.

I put Turbo about in the middle of the Priest catalog. I probably rank it higher than most people because I have sentimental memories attached to it.

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:33 pm

007 wrote:

I would never rank Painkiller that high either.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:39 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Helloween - Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon

I actually always liked those 2 for some reason with Pink Bubbles being the better of the 2. Very different from what came before but still a good listen, I think.

I still own Pink Bubbles (though I haven't listened to it in dog years) but I got rid of Chameleon years ago, I guess that counts for something. PBGA has a couple of semi decent tracks, but Chameleon just left me cold.

I was especially pissed by how sub-par those albums were, cuz I'd spent big $$ for import copies of both of those CDs (as neither was available in the U.S. at the time).
I like both of those. They are not 'wow lets listen to them all the time' but i do enjoy a listen now and then.
In the right mood, I find them to be quite good. Each has a few great songs, but most of the rest are good. But the forgettable "good," you know.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:41 pm

"Defenders of the Faith" is the definition of heavy metal, and you are talking about Turbo and Painkiller, pfff Razz And no one mentioned "Sad Wings"

When I first got "Timebomb" by Udo, I was disappointed to an extent. It was one of the last albums I missed, and being the last with Mathias Dieth I expected the material to be at least as awesome as on "Faceless World". While now I grew to like it (the guy played like there's no tomorrow. Wish he come back some day), still its not as good as UDO's first three.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:43 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
"Defenders of the Faith" is the definition of heavy metal, and you are talking about Turbo and Painkiller, pfff Razz And no one mentioned "Sad Wings"

When I first got "Timebomb" by Udo, I was disappointed to an extent. It was one of the last albums I missed, and being the last with Mathias Dieth I expected the material to be at least as awesome as on "Faceless World". While now I grew to like it (the guy played like there's no tomorrow. Wish he come back some day), still its not as good as UDO's first three.

I love Sad Wings (my second favorite Priest after Sin After Sin) but this is a thread about disappointing CDs.

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:05 pm

No Prayer For The Dying. I was a BIG fan of Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and was really disappointed by the huge step backward Maiden took on that album. I've tried several times over the years to revisit that record, but it still makes me angry after all these years. Maiden's batting average was perfect up until that record. It's just a very lazy record and feels slapped together with nowhere near the care of their earlier albums.

The b-sides from No Prayer are better than anything on the original album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappointing albums you've purchased...
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next