Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disappointing albums you've purchased...

Go down 
+40
Morrison
Troublezone
kmorg
mikeinfla
Sole Survivor
ghost
Grimmo
Leatherface
stormspell
Wurthless
Hadley
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
metalinmyveins
T-Roy
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
mc666
Fat Freddy
EmoElmo
Gryphon-kl
brokentulsa
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
metalhead777
MetalGuy71
Andy
adrian
Eyesore
jettafiend
krokus
Witchfinder
BearOnUnicycle
jstate
ZombieHavoc
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:29 am

Fear Factory - Digimortal

Dokken -Shadowlife

Sodom - S / T

M.O.D. - Red, White & Screwed (this one SUXX to the core!!!)

Steve Vai - Fire Garden (I wanted to smash the CD after the first listen)

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:44 am

Disappointing doesn't even begin to describe my feelings for Lita Ford's Wicked Wonderland.

I was also truly disappointed in the latest Primus record. Just didn't do anything for me. And it pains me to have to say that about Primus.

Recently got Labyrinth's No Limits and it didn't hit me like I was hoping it would. Though I think it may have had to do more with my musical mood at the time. It's tough sometimes to overcome that first listen and go back for a second try.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:11 am

Hmmm... the list is probably long and distinguished..... I will start with these:

Def Leppard - Slang
Queensryche - Hear In The Now Frontier
KISS - Hot In The Shade
Metallica - Load (I still feel that if you took the best songs from Load and Reload it would make one strong arena rock album)
Megadeth - Risk
Barren Cross - Rattle Your Cage
Deliverance - What A Joke
Bride - Kinetic Faith
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity
Judas Priest - Ram It Down (I liked Turbo, hated Ram It Down)
Savatage - Fight For The Rock

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 am

Quote :

Poor Ram It Down. That album gets NO love. Very Happy It's like the red headed step kid of the Priest catalog.

I have always dug that album (even though nobody else seems to); at the time it was released I remember breathing a sigh of relief that they weren't continuing with the synth-heavy TURBO sound...

Saw them on the Ram It Down tour and they were killer!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:36 am

jstate wrote:

Recently got Labyrinth's No Limits and it didn't hit me like I was hoping it would. Though I think it may have had to do more with my musical mood at the time. It's tough sometimes to overcome that first listen and go back for a second try.

For some reason it took me a while to get into that one too and then one day I TOTALLY got it and I was addicted to it. It's very nocturnal in this strange way, and pretty progressive in a certain way too...the production contributes a lot to the atmosphere.....the lead guitar tone....I would definitely revisit it a few times because there are fantastic songs on there but it can be a little hard to approach. Are you familiar with any of their other material?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 am

KISS- Hot In the Shade- Love KISS but this album just did not do much for me, and I am such a huge KISS fan I even liked Unmasked but this album is padded with filler.

Van Halen- III- I was happy when I heard the two new tracks they did with DLR on their greatest hits collection, and even thou I knew DLR was gone again, I was hoping they would continue with this direction with Cherone. I no longer hate the album but IMO still up the standards they set with DLR and Sammy.

Judas Priest-Demolation- I thought Jugulator was ok despite the laughable lyrics, I thought now that Ripper and the lads did a tour, the material should be even better, nope no such luck
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 am

Quote :
Judas Priest-Demolation- I thought Jugulator was ok despite the laughable lyrics, I thought now that Ripper and the lads did a tour, the material should be even better, nope no such luck

Oh Lord, yes, that album's a bomb. Such a shame cuz Jugulator had been a surprisingly strong comeback album.

Others I thought of since my last post:

Helloween - Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon

Dio - Angry Machines

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:08 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Oh Lord, yes, that album's a bomb. Such a shame cuz Jugulator had been a surprisingly strong comeback album.

Others I thought of since my last post:

Dio - Angry Machines

'Angry Machines' has grown on me, but I was very disappointed when I bought that disc because I loved 'Strange Highways'
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Helloween - Pink Bubbles Go Ape

With a title like that...no surprise. Must of all happened at the same smokeout.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
Youthanasia is my favorite Megadeth album. I dislike "A Tout le Monde," but aside from that one song, I think the album is fantastic.

I really like this album a lot as well. I think that "Elysian Fields" might be the most undervalued song in the 'Deth catalog. If it has been played live, then that is news to me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am

I find 'Youthanasia' disappointing too, and another one that comes to mind is Grave Digger's 'Liberty or Death', not that I was mad or anything, they put something good out like every year, so they are allowed to have a clunker in there.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am

manny wrote:
KISS- Hot In the Shade- Love KISS but this album just did not do much for me, and I am such a huge KISS fan I even liked Unmasked but this album is padded with filler.

I just got this album within the last year, as I always deemed it "Crazy Nights" part deux. The album actually has some good songs on it, but the problem is sifting through 15 songs!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Youthanasia is my favorite Megadeth album. I dislike "A Tout le Monde," but aside from that one song, I think the album is fantastic.

I really like this album a lot as well. I think that "Elysian Fields" might be the most undervalued song in the 'Deth catalog. If it has been played live, then that is news to me.

I love this album, solid album all the way thru in my oh so humble opinion
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Poor Ram It Down. That album gets NO love. Very Happy It's like the red headed step kid of the Priest catalog.

I have always dug that album (even though nobody else seems to); at the time it was released I remember breathing a sigh of relief that they weren't continuing with the synth-heavy TURBO sound...

I like "Ram It Down", but that probably has more to do with the nostalgia factor then anything else. The thing I remember most about this album was coming back to visit my friends after having moved the prior year to another state. One of these friends had a sweet pair of Cerwin Vega speakers, so after he purchased the aforementioned, he would skip to the track "Blood Red Skies", turn the knob way up and then we would position our backs against the walls of the room. The vibration was f*cking hilarious and of course the memory still brings a smile to my face after all of these years.

Those same friends had purchased tickets for the August 23rd, 1988 show of Priest at Market Square Arena in Indy, but somehow that show got cancelled due to poor ticket sales! 1988!!! People who never liked various forms of metal were liking metal during that time period, because stations like MTV stated that it was cool to like the genre. I guess when "Ram It Down" was more like "Turbo" then that of "Defenders of the Faith", Priest fans gave their collective thumbs down to seeing them live. This would certainly explain Priest's foray into a much harder sound in that of "Painkiller" in 1990...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I actually always liked those 2 for some reason with Pink Bubbles being the better of the 2. Very different from what came before but still a good listen, I think.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:04 am

Motley Crue - Theater of Pain
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 am

chewie wrote:

That album was and still is a humongous disappointment. I remembered purchasing this album when it got remastered in '99 to see if an improved sound and time made a difference, and it just didn't. When Mick Mars tells the listener in the liner notes that "Home Sweet Home" is the saving grace from this album and that the album is really average to that of a dud, then the listener/fan should take notice. Outside of "Home Sweet Home" and "Louder Than Hell", I can't stomach the album. Everyone has albums that they dislike, but this album for me might take the award for steepest decline. When you listen to the album "Shout at the Devil" and then follow it up with this album, it's hard to believe that the music came from the same band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:23 am

chewie wrote:

As the guy on "Storage Wars" says, "Yuuuuuuup."

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I actually always liked those 2 for some reason with Pink Bubbles being the better of the 2. Very different from what came before but still a good listen, I think.

I still own Pink Bubbles (though I haven't listened to it in dog years) but I got rid of Chameleon years ago, I guess that counts for something. PBGA has a couple of semi decent tracks, but Chameleon just left me cold.

I was especially pissed by how sub-par those albums were, cuz I'd spent big $$ for import copies of both of those CDs (as neither was available in the U.S. at the time).

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:31 am

'Ram it Down' to me was never the weaker of the 'Turbo' combo..it opens with BLAZING SPEED METAL......and of course it has BLOOD RED SKIES...... can't put it TOO low.

I think 'Chameleon' at least has some outstanding songs on there......Hard for me to say that about 'Pink Bubbles' though...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:44 am

I know Twisted Sister is not the greatest band but I liked them, and still do.

But the toothless, sackless production of 'Come Out and Play' was a major disappointment to me. I still spin the album on a occassion but the album sounds terribly dated now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 am

Angry Machines is a kick ass album, I love it. I've probably listened to it more than any other Dio album over the past few years, it's different than the norm, so I'm not burnt out on it.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

chewie wrote:

I would have listed to it, but after hearing the first single I stayed away!!!!! Wow, what a bad album!!!!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I love that album. Blood Red Skies is a classic that they need to play live.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Woohoo, I'm not alone! \'arry \'eadbanger Yeah, Blood Red Skies is a great track. When my brother and I went to see'em on that tour we were hoping they'd do that one live, no such luck though. Sad On the other hand, at least they didn't do "Johnny B. Goode."

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

They did play it on the last tour and it sounded much better than the album live

Edit - adding clip:

Last edited by thejokeriv on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappointing albums you've purchased...
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next