Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disappointing albums you've purchased...

Go down 
+40
Morrison
Troublezone
kmorg
mikeinfla
Sole Survivor
ghost
Grimmo
Leatherface
stormspell
Wurthless
Hadley
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
metalinmyveins
T-Roy
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
mc666
Fat Freddy
EmoElmo
Gryphon-kl
brokentulsa
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
metalhead777
MetalGuy71
Andy
adrian
Eyesore
jettafiend
krokus
Witchfinder
BearOnUnicycle
jstate
ZombieHavoc
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:12 pm

exact33 wrote:
Hammerfall - Infected
Sonata Arctica - Unia and the last one

There is something about Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius both that I don't like at all, but I have not been able to put my finger on it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm

jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Hammerfall - Infected

There is something about Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius both that I don't like at all, but I have not been able to put my finger on it.

I love the first 2 SA albums but boy have they run their course now...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:14 pm

exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Hammerfall - Infected

I totally agree! Listen to "Full Moon" from "Ecliptica" and point me to something they've done since that at least equals that song.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 pm

some more i was let down by:

Serenity - Death and Legacy
Fair To Midland - Arrows and Anchors
Constancia - Lost and Gone

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Stryper...reborn
Ac/dc...black ice
Reckless love... animal attraction
Ozzy...bark at the moon
Ted Nugent...weekend warrior
Keel...streets of rock n roll
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:15 pm

All the unplugged albums sick
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

Kiss Unplugged was better than the Elder... Thats gotta stand for something... lol!
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 pm

A few off the top of my head:

Heathen: Breaking the Silence. I'd heard one song from this and liked it. Unfortunately, it was their cover of Sweet's "Set Me Free", which is nothing like anything else on the album.
Diamond Head: Death and Progress. This just felt weak compared to everything else I've heard by them. It's grown on me somewhat, but still feels pretty mediocre.
Danzig: Live on the Black Hand Side. Terrible mixing kills this album.
Can: Inner Space/Out of Reach. A collection of two albums where the band was taken over by a former member of Traffic, with dreadful results. Can seem to be trying to forget one of these albums exists.
Tagomago: Prelude to Afternoon. When the band's named after a Can album and the album cover's based on King Crimson's Larks' Tongues in Aspic, I'm not expecting rather repetitive electronica. Another one that's grown on me somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:52 pm

jettafiend wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Kiss Unplugged was better than the Elder... Thats gotta stand for something... lol!
Tesla's unplugged album is awesome.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:04 am

Vio-Lence - Nothing To Gain

GnR - Spaghetti Incident?

Kreator- Renewal

Slayer -Undisputed Attitude

Judas Priest - Nostradamus

Overkill - Coverkill
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 am

Dokken's Long Way Home

WASP's K.F.D. and the Neon God two parter

Overkill's Bloodletting

Accept's Death Row

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 am

EmoElmo wrote:

I didn't like that album when it first came out, but revisiting it recently I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:39 am

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction. had such high hopes for this after RIP.

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 am

mc666 wrote:

x2

Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 am

mc666 wrote:

I thought it was a well-polished, well written album. I actually bought this CD twice after my first copy melted in my van..well not literally, it just stopped working after it was exposed to high heat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:57 am

mc666 wrote:

I enjoyed it. "Youthanasia" is the one I really couldn't get into much.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:59 am

Eyesore wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Tesla's unplugged album is awesome.

Both albums are awesome! Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:17 am

No mention of St. Anger? I know some of the older fans were disappointed with the black album, then appalled with Load and Reload, but I think those are great albums. St. Anger, on the other hand...damn. Can't imagine anyone expected something that bad.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:50 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I enjoyed it. "Youthanasia" is the one I really couldn't get into much.
Don't get me wrong, it's not atrocious. it just was not the follow up i was expecting, which brought the disappointment. and i do agree that Youthanasia was dismal. it started a slide into mediocre/just plain bad, that they have never been able to climb out of.

Eyesore wrote:
No mention of St. Anger? I know some of the older fans were disappointed with the black album, then appalled with Load and Reload, but I think those are great albums. St. Anger, on the other hand...damn. Can't imagine anyone expected something that bad.
i thought St. Anger was a step up from Load & Reload. That's just me though, trust me i'm aware.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 am

Youthanasia is my favorite Megadeth album. I dislike "A Tout le Monde," but aside from that one song, I think the album is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
Youthanasia is my favorite Megadeth album. I dislike "A Tout le Monde," but aside from that one song, I think the album is fantastic.

X2

I like "A Tout Le Monde" on this album much better than the duet with Christina Scabbia. That version was... weak.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:52 am

jettafiend wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

X2

I like "A Tout Le Monde" on this album much better than the duet with Christina Scabbia. That version was... weak.
the version with Christina was 1,000x better than the original.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:32 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Hammerfall - Infected

I totally agree! Listen to "Full Moon" from "Ecliptica" and point me to something they've done since that at least equals that song.
San Sabastian is up there, as a matter of fact, I think nearly every song on "Silence" equals or surpasses Full Moon in songwriting.

But yeah, I use Sonata Arctica for my catchy, sing alongy, pop metal fix now.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:24 am

Andy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Andy wrote:
The worst album I ever bought was probably Nightrage's "Descent into Chaos" or Battlore's "The Last Alliance". I did not care for them at all.

I bought a Battlelore album, I forget which one, around 2004 or so. It was terrible. I listened to it maybe twice, and promptly sold it.
Battlelore is brilliant, you turds! Laughing

I love 2003's "Sword's Song" but otherwise they suffer from a an extreme sense of inconsistency. Which sucks because I really do dig that album, A LOT, but have no taste for anything else as I find it horrifically mediocre, uninspired, and derivative.

Sword's Song is totally the album that I bought and disliked.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:25 am

S.D. wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

I didn't like that album when it first came out, but revisiting it recently I really enjoyed it.

I actually like this album, and have right from the start. Of course, I really like most of the bands they are covering, so it was just fun to hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappointing albums you've purchased...
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next