Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disappointing albums you've purchased...

Go down 
+40
Morrison
Troublezone
kmorg
mikeinfla
Sole Survivor
ghost
Grimmo
Leatherface
stormspell
Wurthless
Hadley
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
metalinmyveins
T-Roy
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
mc666
Fat Freddy
EmoElmo
Gryphon-kl
brokentulsa
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
metalhead777
MetalGuy71
Andy
adrian
Eyesore
jettafiend
krokus
Witchfinder
BearOnUnicycle
jstate
ZombieHavoc
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:29 am

I thought of another one this morning - Alice In Chains self titled (with the 3 legged dog on the cover). I loved everything the band put out to this point and went out and bought the self titled on the day of release. I gave it a quick listen and was shocked. It was just plain awful. I hoped that it would grow on me but it never did. I no longer own the abomination.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 am

007 wrote:
I thought of another one this morning - Alice In Chains self titled (with the 3 legged dog on the cover). I loved everything the band put out to this point and went out and bought the self titled on the day of release. I gave it a quick listen and was shocked. It was just plain awful. I hoped that it would grow on me but it never did. I no longer own the abomination.

Interesting. I find that album to be one of their best. Different strokes for different folks, right? Wink

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:15 am

I've just recently started to appreciate AiC (as well as Soundgarden).
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Quote :
Dream Theater's Images and Words.

And I think it's their best. As was said, different strokes....
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:45 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Me too. As well as most of the overplayed-in-the-90's bands. Like STP. Saturation in a big market just has always turned me off. But, since I would just turn it off when they came on back then, it is all pretty much new to me. Which is kinda cool since 100% of mainstream radio sucks these days.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Although, Guns n Roses still suck and W.A.R. should stay underground.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:51 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Me too. As well as most of the overplayed-in-the-90's bands. Like STP. Saturation in a big market just has always turned me off. But, since I would just turn it off when they came on back then, it is all pretty much new to me. Which is kinda cool since 100% of mainstream radio sucks these days.

I always enjoyed AiC and STP. But it's only been in the last year or 2 that I really warmed up to Soundgarden and even more recently, Nirvana. Pearl Jam can still suck a nut.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:59 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I'm really big on Live, and of course I like some Smashing Pumpkins. Always liked AiC. I think there's great stuff from every genre, every decade. Still can't stand Soundgarden and especially not Pearl Jam.
Back to top Go down
Sole Survivor
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sole Survivor

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
[ Still can't stand Soundgarden and especially not Pearl Jam.

You know, as I grow older I´m starting to like Pearl Jam.

Weird.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :

And I think it's their best.

You're right!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:06 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :

And I think it's their best.

You're right!

The only 2 albums by Dream Theater that I enjoy are Images and Awake.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:39 am

Some other albums i hated and still do:
FIGHT:A SMALL DEADLY SPACE
KING JAMES:THE FALL after a great debut.
BELLADONNA:S/T
WIDOWMAKER:STAND BY FOR PAIN after a great debut.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:45 am

Grace Under Pressure. I bought it because it was Rush, not because I had heard it. To this day it is my least favorite Rush album. Distant Early Warning was a good song but the rest of it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:46 am

krokus wrote:
I need to revisit this one. Bought it for dirt cheap some time back and seemed to enjoy it at the time but haven't listened since
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Grace Under Pressure. I bought it because it was Rush, not because I had heard it. To this day it is my least favorite Rush album. Distant Early Warning was a good song but the rest of it wasn't.

I have to disagree with that. It ranks among my favorite Rush albums, actually. It's their last one until Clockwork Angels that I completely enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:21 pm

adrian wrote:
krokus wrote:
I need to revisit this one. Bought it for dirt cheap some time back and seemed to enjoy it at the time but haven't listened since

I dont think its that bad to be honest.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:42 pm

exact33 wrote:
adrian wrote:
krokus wrote:

I dont think its that bad to be honest.

I didnt like it, i remember it didnt really had any power and i expected power and fast tracks. I traded it or sold it.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:19 am

Wurthless wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

I have to disagree with that. It ranks among my favorite Rush albums, actually. It's their last one until Clockwork Angels that I completely enjoyed.

My favorite album then and now is Permanant Waves. I had the first 4 albums on vinyl. So my exposure to them was limited to the first 4, PW and Moving Pictures. Grace Under Pressure was just too much of a change for me. However, I do enjoy Show Of Hands which is a best of the keyboard era. My interest in Rush picked back up with Counterparts when they started playing guitar again.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:40 am

Leatherface wrote:
Dream Theater's Images and Words. I bought the CD because I thought the song "Pull Me Under" was great, but thought the rest of the record sounded more like music lessons than songs. I thought the rest of the record would be as heavy. Boy, was I wrong.

Dude, you are viewing it the wrong way..."Images & Words" is one of the greatest Rock/Metal albums ever written
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:16 am

adrian wrote:
krokus wrote:
that's actually a really decent album. Spells of Fear is what causes debate. the production was so bad that the song writing never came through.

adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:28 am

mc666 wrote:
adrian wrote:
krokus wrote:
that's actually a really decent album. Spells of Fear is what causes debate. the production was so bad that the song writing never came through.
I've been considering buying that one since I always see it at the local store really cheap. Maybe after I relisten to the self-titled some more I'll decide if I should go for it
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:20 am

Images And Words took me a good while to grow to love. I bought it on the strength of "Pull Me Under" and wasn't so much disappointed by the rest, just not quite ready for it at the time.

I still love Pearl Jam's Ten but never felt the need to get any that followed. I'm sure they have albums I would love but just have never got around to checking them out. At this point their catalogue seems too big to try and got back through. Other things take higher musical priority. And you never see their stuff in the dump bins either. I'd grab'em if I did. But until then Ten is good enough for my Pearl Jam needs.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:18 pm

There are numerous albums that have dissapointed me at first, but most of them have grown over time. Heck, I was really let down by Queensryche with both Operation: Mindcrime and Empre as new. Now they are all time favorite albums!

One of my ost recent letdowns were Kingsbane - Kingsbane / Seven Years CD. I read so much praise for this, and their prog-metal should be right up my alley. But so far this has totally failed to grab me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 pm

kmorg wrote:
One of my ost recent letdowns were Kingsbane - Kingsbane / Seven Years CD. I read so much praise for this, and their prog-metal should be right up my alley. But so far this has totally failed to grab me.
Didn't like them at first listen also. But after a year or so I've tried them again and now I think they rule. This is the kind of prog I'd die for.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:48 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Didn't like them at first listen also. But after a year or so I've tried them again and now I think they rule. This is the kind of prog I'd die for.

Believe me, I'm not giving up on this!

PostSubject: Re: Disappointing albums you've purchased...   Disappointing albums you've purchased... - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappointing albums you've purchased...
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next