Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Testament Track Streaming!

Go down 
+31
AchrisK
metalhead777
Joe
Troublezone
Grimmo
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
Gilbert
CRIMSONMASK
Required Fields
Infinite
jettafiend
EmoElmo
Rex
nevermore
chewie
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Andy
Leatherface
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
adrian
Lari
Witchfinder
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:29 pm

With jazzy guitar solos so S.D. will like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:37 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

I haven't been that impressed with Alex's jazz playing actually, he's got a ways to go before I'll be convinced. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 am

S.D. wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

I haven't been that impressed with Alex's jazz playing actually, he's got a ways to go before I'll be convinced. Laughing

I like Steely Dan's playing more too. Smile
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:44 am

S.D. wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

He's more like a Michael Jordan attempting baseball.

Haven't heard him squeeze 5 jazz notes that blew my socks off... he's not a 'natural' Jazz guitarist or maybe because I grew up listening way too much Frank Gambale and Larry Carlton

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:01 pm

I've had the album for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I'm still blown away by it. With maybe the exception of A Day in the Death, it's just killer track after killer track. I didn't think I'd be this excited about a thrash metal album in the year 2012.

I think they really nailed what I like about Testament. Great riffs and melodies, plenty of solos and a good, clean and heavy production. Chuck Billy's also at his best here.

My favourite tracks at the moment are probably Rise Up, Native Blood and True American Hate.

EDIT: Maybe it's not necessary to compare the album to the Formation of Damnation, but I still think the best tracks here cannot defeat the awesomeness of Henchmen Ride, F.E.A.R. or Leave Me Forever, but overall there's probably more enjoyable tracks on this one. And I like albums that are long and keep surprising you even after several listens.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:08 am

I just picked up the album yesterday and first spin impression, it's on par with Formation (which I enjoy very much). Repeaded listenings are imminent.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Go and repeadededly listen. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Testament Track Streaming!
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9