Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Testament Track Streaming!

Go down 
+31
AchrisK
metalhead777
Joe
Troublezone
Grimmo
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
Gilbert
CRIMSONMASK
Required Fields
Infinite
jettafiend
EmoElmo
Rex
nevermore
chewie
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Andy
Leatherface
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
adrian
Lari
Witchfinder
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:38 am

I got my copy today. My gf said that Chuck Billy's voice reminded her of Chad Gray from Mudvayne. Funny thing, on a few songs he actually does (on certain parts).
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:40 am

Troublezone wrote:
I got my copy today. My gf said that Chuck Billy's voice reminded her of Chad Gray from Mudvayne. Funny thing, on a few songs he actually does (on certain parts).

Glad Im not the only one who hears that similarity.

So far Im diggin the new album
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am

Rex wrote:
I got it off iTunes yesterday, I was iffy on that, but it included a digital book which rules. I'm sure its the same as the printed book, but it looks awesome in full screen mode. If anyone wants the iTunes exclusive let me know.
greedy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:37 pm

By the way, I see a lot of people comparing this one to The Formation of Damnation, and as much as I enjoyed that album, I think Dark Roots blows it away. Really enjoying this one!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
By the way, I see a lot of people comparing this one to The Formation of Damnation, and as much as I enjoyed that album, I think Dark Roots blows it away. Really enjoying this one!

I liked Formation a lot, but I think Dark Roots is better!
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Formation of Damnation's musical direction was a bit confusing that's why it sucked
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Formation did not suck in any way shape or form as far as I'm concerned. I was in no way confused by the musical direction.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:31 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Formation did not suck in any way shape or form as far as I'm concerned. I was in no way confused by the musical direction.

Agree 100%!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Formation of Damnation's musical direction was a bit confusing that's why it sucked
Sucked?

You're the new fingers of the forum. You say the most ridiculous things.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Sucked?

And? your point? lol!

Can't I say what I want to say as long as it is not offensive?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:42 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Sucked?

And? your point? lol!

Of course! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:03 pm

I have spun this several times now and I am really liking it. It's another fantastic 2012 release and will easily make my top 10 of the year. It reminds me a lot of Low with a combination of melody and thrashing. Me likee.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:13 am

I have and enjoy every Testament Album. What I'm really enjoying about The Dark Roots of Earth though, is the fact it appears Testament's sound has been spiced up with more prominant solos - which hearkens back to some of their earlier stuff. I reckon they've mixed things up really well on this one. Gene Hoglan seems to be fitting in/filling in quite well on the drum kit. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I have spun this several times now and I am really liking it. It's another fantastic 2012 release and will easily make my top 10 of the year. It reminds me a lot of Low with a combination of melody and thrashing. Me likee.

Agree, the album's a grower, the melody and mood is not apparent on the first listen but it gets 'beautiful' as you go and loop along
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Sucked?

And? your point? lol!

Of course! Laughing

Remember...'ridiculous' is subjective Wink and there's a thing called 'ignore'...look it up it's in the dictionary plus it's free, doesn't cost you a penny
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:11 am

I like the new album. I hope Gene sticks around. (Pun not intended)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:48 am

Don't know how someone could like the new album but not FOD... They're not that different imo. The new one is slightly better and Gene is great, but Formation was good too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 am

Troublezone wrote:
Don't know how someone could like the new album but not FOD... They're not that different imo. The new one is slightly better and Gene is great, but Formation was good too.

Because no matter how many times I listened to Formation not a single song stuck in my head after the record was over. It would sound alright when it was playing, but the instant it was over it vanished from my mind like I had never heard it.

This new one at least had a few songs that stuck out to me.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Agree 100%!!!!!

Same here. And I think Dark Roots is even better.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Because no matter how many times I listened to Formation not a single song stuck in my head after the record was over. It would sound alright when it was playing, but the instant it was over it vanished from my mind like I had never heard it.
That's because you're old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That has nothing to do with it, because well-written albums stick in my head just fine.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That has nothing to do with it, because well-written albums stick in my head just fine.
Sigh...
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 pm

decided to get a copy today without hearing a sample, not knowing what to expect and spiking foundation. I have to say this album blows away its predecessor. really good music here
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:36 pm

My copy was pre-ordered but not shipped out until today. Was hoping to have it by now. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
My copy was pre-ordered but not shipped out until today. Was hoping to have it by now. Sad
Dude, that kind of crap annoys the hell out of me! Can't tell you how many times it's happened. Worse is when it goes on backorder. How the hell can a pre-order be backordered? They just order a random amount or something? Pffft!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Testament Track Streaming!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next