Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Testament Track Streaming!

Go down 
+31
AchrisK
metalhead777
Joe
Troublezone
Grimmo
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
Gilbert
CRIMSONMASK
Required Fields
Infinite
jettafiend
EmoElmo
Rex
nevermore
chewie
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Andy
Leatherface
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
adrian
Lari
Witchfinder
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:02 am

adrian wrote:
Just got my copy (and the free patch!), I definitely like it more than Formation of Damnation. At times I'm reminded a little of The Ritual, I see Skolnick co-wrote quite a few tracks so that makes sense. Anyways great album!

You can be almost certain that the melodic parts were penned by Alex
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 am

Anybody know that the DVD material is?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:44 am

EmoElmo wrote:
adrian wrote:
Just got my copy (and the free patch!), I definitely like it more than Formation of Damnation. At times I'm reminded a little of The Ritual, I see Skolnick co-wrote quite a few tracks so that makes sense. Anyways great album!

I don't think you can be "certain" of that at all, it's conjecture. You think Peterson can't write melodically or Skolnick can't write heavy? That seems unlikely.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:14 am

S.D. wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
adrian wrote:
I don't think you can be "certain" of that at all, it's conjecture. You think Peterson can't write melodically or Skolnick can't write heavy? That seems unlikely.
He actually said "almost certain," thus implying opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:37 am

I know it's opinion, because he's not in Testament. Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:21 am

Peterson has written a lot of melodic stuff in his career, including "Trail of Tears".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:47 am

EmoElmo wrote:
adrian wrote:

Not necessarily... Eric is very versatile.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:00 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
I don't think anyone can finish this album in one sitting, it's too darn long, it's like almost watching a movie ! I dunno about the others but I like it best when an album is clocked just under 40 minutes

I often feel this way. I feel like since the advent of the CD that bands have felt compelled to put out as much material as possible. Generally speaking, I feel like bands that have songs that are an average of say, 4-5 minutes should pick their best 8-10 songs and put them out as a no-filler, killer release. The rest of the material can be something to develop further.

Obviously this is a general idea that doesn't and cannot and shouldn't apply to every release of every band. But I tend to get angry when I a CD that is 50-70 minutes long and contains maybe 2 or 3 songs that really just seem unnecessary.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 pm

True American Hate - Live At Wacken (Pro Shot)

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Look at Gene, slimming down. His weight was part of what made him so damn impressive. Haha. It was pretty amazing that someone so big could drum that damn fast.

They sound good, though. Chuck sounds a bit raw, but solid.

I hope Eric puts out another Dragonlord album someday. Love those albums.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Awesome!!!! I am really getting into this album now, it seems to get better with every listen!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:47 am

Witchfinder wrote:

That's great ! This new album is fantastic in my book.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Still waiting on my copy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I hope the mall gets the album in tomorrow. If so, I'm buying it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:54 pm

First impression of new album: Very good. The opener "Rise Up" will make for a great live song and I liked "Cold Embrace" a lot too.

As for the covers, "Animal Magnetism" was really cool. Very haunting.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Looks like 'Dark Roots of Earth' has sold over 20K first week and captured the #12 position on the Billboard 200 chart!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Having listened many times now I think this is my favorite thrash release this year!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:56 am

I just ordered the CD+DVD version today. Looking forward to hearing it, I should have it by the end of next week.

I loved Formation of Damnation. Leave Me Forever is a wonderful track.

I also ordered the new Tenacious D album (CD+DVD). I haven't been really buying new music while on holiday, but I'm going back tomorrow so I'm in the mood for some new music.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Definatly a step up from the great Formation. More melody, better solos, and even a semi-ballad (or the closest they've gotten to a ballad since Trail Of Tears). Need some more listens to really sink in.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Though I think the solo in "Return to Serenity" is the best solo I've ever heard, I don't think the song is great. I feel the same way about most of their ballads; they're all mediocre. Kind of like nearly every ballad by Tesla. They just don't excel at those kinds of tracks.

But I think "Cold Embrace" is the best they've done yet. Very good tune. Really dig it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Though I think the solo in "Return to Serenity" is the best solo I've ever heard, I don't think the song is great. I feel the same way about most of their ballads; they're all mediocre. Kind of like nearly every ballad by Tesla. They just don't excel at those kinds of tracks.

Well I personally think all their ballads are good and wish they'd do some more. Then again, I tend to like ballads a lot more than most around here so what do I know Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:01 pm

So it appears that all is not completely rosy in the Testament camp...from Blabbermouth.

Asked about what he sees for the future of TESTAMENT's current lineup, beyond the band's new album, "Dark Roots Of Earth", and tour, Eric said, "There's definitely some politics in the band now. I think if the record does good — which I think it will — it'll see TESTAMENT be doing another record. There's some people in the band that are, you know, I think aren't a hundred percent there unless, you know, it keeps going good. That's pretty extreme, but, like for me, I'm down for whatever. I started the band, I'm totally into it. This is what I do. I think, you know, if TESTAMENT sees darker days, I don't know if this lineup would stick."

So, here's my thought on this. Shut up Eric. If there weren't problems before, there definitely are NOW that you shot your mouth off. You just released an album, you are starting a tour...keep the internal problems to yourself and don't tell the press...at the very least until the tour is over. Bonehead move.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah I can see that causing trouble. No need to put that out there for everyone to see.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

He felt left out of all the other bands drama.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
He felt left out of all the other bands drama.

Coming soon...Alex Skolnik's Testament. Razz

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Testament Track Streaming!
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next