Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Testament Track Streaming!

Go down 
+31
AchrisK
metalhead777
Joe
Troublezone
Grimmo
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
Gilbert
CRIMSONMASK
Required Fields
Infinite
jettafiend
EmoElmo
Rex
nevermore
chewie
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Andy
Leatherface
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
adrian
Lari
Witchfinder
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 pm

listened to the whole thing 3 times now. not a bad album at all, but as with Formations, there is not enough fast paced stuff for my liking. i mean, you have Gene freakin Hoglan... why not take advantage of that? i read a lot of yapping about blastbeats by the band, but 90% of this is mid paced groove metal. not saying that is bad, not saying i was expecting grindcore or something foolish, just saying i wish they threw some faster paced thrash songs onto it.

still a good album if you like well played melodic metal. Cold Embrace bored me to tears though. it's no Return to Serenity, that's for sure. the Animal Magnetism cover is badass.

Last edited by mc666 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 pm

I pre ordered the CD/DVD/T-shirt combo pack today.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't think anyone can finish this album in one sitting, it's too darn long, it's like almost watching a movie ! I dunno about the others but I like it best when an album is clocked just under 40 minutes
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
I don't think anyone can finish this album in one sitting, it's too darn long, it's like almost watching a movie ! I dunno about the others but I like it best when an album is clocked just under 40 minutes
I agree with that. 40 is around the perfect length.

Haven't heard the new album yet, need to get a copy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:00 pm

If the songs are good, I don't give a crap about length. I have friends that do this, be listening to an album and go, "Uh...this album is way too long," then put in an album by a band playing the same damn style of music. Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:46 am

mc666 wrote:
the Animal Magnetism cover is badass.

They should've limited their songs to ~4 min, making room for more covers Very Happy
They are really good at it, heck they can even cover ALL classic Maiden songs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
If the songs are good, I don't give a crap about length. I have friends that do this, be listening to an album and go, "Uh...this album is way too long," then put in an album by a band playing the same damn style of music. Makes no sense.

All you do is shuffle songs, so of course you don't care how long a CD is! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:56 pm

I like the songs and the clips that I have heard. I most likely will get it because it's Testament and I'm a fan, but I really have slowed down on getting new standard thrash releases.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:07 pm

It turns out Future Shop does not have the new Testament. I phoned them and checked, and the guy who works there said they don't have it. He said he is a fan of them himself, which is cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Listening to it while I work today and I like it \m/ The Powerslave and Animal Magnetism covers are worth the price of admission alone!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:41 pm

Just got back from picking up the deluxe edition from FYE. I'm starting to give it a spin now.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:59 pm

One listen through and it's a great listen imo, heavy as stink and a good mix of their eras.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:13 pm

mc666 wrote:
listened to the whole thing 3 times now. not a bad album at all, but as with Formations, there is not enough fast paced stuff for my liking. i mean, you have Gene freakin Hoglan... why not take advantage of that? i read a lot of yapping about blastbeats by the band, but 90% of this is mid paced groove metal. not saying that is bad, not saying i was expecting grindcore or something foolish, just saying i wish they threw some faster paced thrash songs onto it.

still a good album if you like well played melodic metal. Cold Embrace bored me to tears though. it's no Return to Serenity, that's for sure. the Animal Magnetism cover is badass.
I have to say this kind of sums up how I felt.
So much talk from the band, saying how they were going into aspects of the first 4 albums, then they give this. I love the album, and I'm pretty sure I'll love it more, but I didn't get what was (sort of) promised, or expected.
That tends to leave a kind of bad aftertaste.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:20 pm

Quote :
So much talk from the band, saying how they were going into aspects of the first 4 albums, then they give this. I love the album, and I'm pretty sure I'll love it more, but I didn't get what was (sort of) promised, or expected.

I've found that to be true of almost every band. Good or bad, it almost never lives up to the hype that the artist or record company heaps upon it. I've just learned to take those comments with a dumptruck of salt anymore.

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Well at least it isn't a Metallica promise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

I gave this album a listen today and while there were a few songs that caught my attention overall it's not enough to warrant my purchasing it. I found myself sitting there waiting for the instrumental sections on many of the songs.

The best song by far is 'True American Hate", maybe if a few more tunes reached that level I would pick it up, but that's definitely the main standout. "Rise Up" is okay, but nothing I haven't heard Testament do many times before and more effectively. "Native Blood" is pretty cool. The title track is pretty dull until the faster mid-section kicks in. Nothing about the middle of the album caught my attention at all, I basically snoozed through it until the last track "Last Stand For Independence" snapped me awake a bit.

It's better than Formation, but that wasn't hard to accomplish. I haven't listened to the cover tunes yet but I gotta say overall this album is a **1/2 out of ****.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Will try picking up a copy of this tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:35 pm

They gave us 90 minute snippets prior to release so we should already know what to expect here, mid-paced Groove Metal isn't for everybody (works well for me tho) , I hated "F.O.D" but this one felt right and is a notch better imo.. And As for the album, i believe they have done their homework albeit it was lengthy

That being said, It would have been a lot cooler if it was a double-disc offering, The album CD consisting of 'shortened' versions while the bonus CD consists of at least 5 more cover tunes ( making it 8 )

Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Testament is one of those bands I was not listening to when they came out, and that I have tried, but failed, to really appreciate. Not unlike Overkill. Not to say I don't enjoy songs, and maybe even albums by these bands. But when I look through my CDs and want to pick something, I will almost never pick Overkill or Testament. If I do grab one of their CDs as one of several CDs to have in my car for a little while, I never want to put them in. Once I do I am sometimes happy, but it never changes how I feel about them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:09 pm

I've listened to it a few times now and have to say I Like it alot. I think it's better than Formation (which I liked as well) with the standout track being True American Hate as of now. And kudos to them on doing some great cover tunes. They did a fantastic job on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:12 pm

The cover of Dragon Attack is horrid.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
The cover of Dragon Attack is horrid.

I thought it was pretty cool. A bit of a different take on the tune.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Getting my copy on Friday! All the local record store had was the deluxe edition but they're getting me the standard version from a different location. Also I get a free patch with it, awesome!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:18 pm

I got it off iTunes yesterday, I was iffy on that, but it included a digital book which rules. I'm sure its the same as the printed book, but it looks awesome in full screen mode. If anyone wants the iTunes exclusive let me know.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 am

I have this ordered. Should be here any day now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Testament Track Streaming!   New Testament Track Streaming! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Testament Track Streaming!
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next