Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deliverance fans?

Go down 
+31
SycoMantis91
MetallicSeminarian
deathisgain
corplhicks
bgsully
DallasBlack
Glenn Rogers
Thrasher73
Coram Deo
metalhead777
chilejay7
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Nico
Olafsto
Addy
bassman
Troublezone
Sutekh
rawr!
James B.
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Stender
jstate
Infinite
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
exact33
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:42 am

Stay. End of line.

What also killed Deliverance was the injustice of the critcs' pens. Jimmy was accused of being a Geoff Tate carbon copy and the band was constantly compared to Queensryche, which just doesn't make any bloody sense. As for the Geoff Tate comparison, should we have said the same thing about Mike Kiske? Jimmy was a kickass vocalist with awesome diction and vibrato. It was power metal vocals at its finest, but the critics disagreed.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:54 am

bgsully wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:
... Someone should do a doc on Deliverance The Story of Deliverance...

Yes! That would be awesome.

My all time favorite Deliverance album is self titled. I like most of their albums and love Weapons, but I found myself listening to self titled the most.....and I still break it out frequently after all these years!

The s/t is an amazing album of melodic speed/thrash greatness.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:44 am

"Weapons" has always been my go to album. After that, I'd probably say "Stay". Cut out the filler, and "What a Joke" is a pretty solid album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Weapons and Stay are the two I find myself coming back to most often. I'd rank them about equally.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Stay went a different direction but retained the heaviness. Man, I played that thing to death.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm

"Ramming Speed" is one of D's best songs, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:

I always liked that one myself...

Metal novice
Metal novice
SycoMantis91

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:23 pm

"Weapons of our Warfare" and "Stay of Execution". Enough said.
Back to top Go down
http://sycoticsoliloquies.blogspot.com/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Right On!

I love that song

I am still a huge D fan, have been since the early 90s saw them live during their Weapons tour just 2 weeks after discovering this band. Anyways Jimmy's been compared to Geoff Tate but also to Metallica and David Bowie. Just listen to his voice if thats not Bowie influenced I dont know what is. Which in my opinion is awesome company to be in. Jimmy's always been a phenomenal guitarist, writer and singer. I still get excited about the first several albums they did, From the S/T to River Disturbance OMG they're just awesome!!!!!

This newest incarnation should be interesting.... Is Mike Phillips still a part? He's a phenomenal guitarist in his own right. Man Id love to see them live again......
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I always liked that one myself...

good song but I really dig their DA cover - "Horrendous Disc".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Stay Of Execution was my first Deliverance disc to hear so it holds a special place in their discography. I really enjoyed the thing when I first heard it and ,hearing nothing but great things about what came before, really made me want to hear those. I finally got their debut (and love it) but still need to get Weapons.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 pm

007 wrote:
Stay Of Execution was my first Deliverance disc to hear so it holds a special place in their discography. I really enjoyed the thing when I first heard it and ,hearing nothing but great things about what came before, really made me want to hear those. I finally got their debut (and love it) but still need to get Weapons.

that was my first one too - got it from a used cd store for $3.99

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:

Yeah mine was from a used store too. Can't remember what I paid for it though...though I know it wasn't more than $7.99 since that is their usual top price.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:43 pm

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:

Yeah mine was from a used store too. Can't remember what I paid for it though...though I know it wasn't more than $7.99 since that is their usual top price.

headbanger

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 pm

The only album that I currently own is the S/t album. I liked Stay and Weapons quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:06 am

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:

My first as well (sort of). Got it as a double CD from the old KGM reissues in the clearance section of a Christian bookstore with What A Joke. Ramming Speed and Horrendous Disc are my top two songs from it. Love singing those!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:20 am

exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:

Horrendous Disk is a great song too too many good ones to narrow down just one or two.....

I got most of my D releases when they came out with the exception of the S/T I had it on tape and it was the only one i had to track down on CD for a price that was decent at the time it was selling for 30-50 bucks online
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:09 am

That's my favourite Deliverance track, too. headbanger

I liked all their albums up to and including Learn.

From River Disturbance onwards, the stylistic changes just didn't grab my attention in quite the same way.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Learn was a very significant album in my youth I love Learn

I loved the releases after but not in the same way as I did the other stuff. So I know where ya coming from.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Their cover of Sanctuary is amazing, my favorite cover song ever.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:26 am

deathisgain wrote:
Cut out the filler, and "What a Joke" is a pretty solid album.

Agreed. I just created a playlist on my ipod with "what a Joke" minus fillers (not that the fillers ever really bothered me), and came up with a solid 9 song slab of metal. headbanger

Maybe they should re-release without fillers and call it "No Joke". Lol
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:11 pm

bgsully wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

Agreed. I just created a playlist on my ipod with "what a Joke" minus fillers (not that the fillers ever really bothered me), and came up with a solid 9 song slab of metal. headbanger

Especially the cover of After Forever which is outstanding IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Especially the cover of After Forever which is outstanding IMO.

"After Forever" is my favorite Black Sabbath song and I love the "D's" take on it. It's far superior to Biohazard's version on the Nativity In Black tribute album, which suffers from... well, it suffers from being by Biohazard. (nah, I keed, I keed. Bio's version is actually pretty good, except I don't remember Black Sabbath using the world "motherf**ker" so much... hahaha) Laughing

I especially dig how Deliverance throws in a snippet of the riff from "Symptom of the Universe" in the middle of their version... I swear, if I ever form a band and we cover "After Forever," we're gonna play it that way too headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:17 am

Self titled is my favorite,
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:19 am

bgsully wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

Have you heard the story behind What a Joke? just curious

I had wished at one point D would have made a Praise and Worship Album with the songs in the vein of Jehova Jirah , and I also had wished that they did a Covers album I would have loved to hear their versions of Space Oddity (Jimmy had one time posted years ago he did this song live)

Anyhow...... Long live D!!!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance fans?   Deliverance fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance fans?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next