Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Trailer for "The Avengers"

Go down 
+22
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
brokentulsa
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Sutekh
CRIMSONMASK
GrandNational
mlotek
sheets
exact33
metalinmyveins
manny
DallasBlack
Rex
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:57 pm

yeppers

X-men and Fantastic Four were wimps compared to Avengers (in my 10 year old mind they were and still today)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Tomorrow for me! My son is very excited to see it! (and so am I!)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Holy cow that was a GREAT movie!!!!!!!!!!!! HIGHLY recommend it!!!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:12 am

Yes indeed!!!! One of the funniest movie moments was the confrontation between Loki and The Hulk (I don't think that's giving away anything so I won't bother with the spoiler alert).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:59 am

The $200 Million opening weekend has now happened..........

Edit: Forgot the link:

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:00 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Amazing. It opened overseas prior to the States and has made a fortune already. Here's the total tally thus far (from the same site)

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $200,300,000 31.2%
+ Foreign: $441,500,000 68.8%
= Worldwide: $641,800,000

Those are some seriously impressive box office numbers.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Amazing. It opened overseas prior to the States and has made a fortune already. Here's the total tally thus far (from the same site)

Total Lifetime Grosses

and countries are going broke..... and people claim the econimy sucks......yet they can still take the ol lady and the kids to the movies in those numbers

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:20 pm

James B. wrote:

and countries are going broke..... and people claim the econimy sucks......yet they can still take the ol lady and the kids to the movies in those numbers

The film industry tends to thrive during bad economic times. People want/need escapism, movies supply that. The film industry made incredible gobs of money during the Great Depression, people were willing to use that .10 Cents to buy a movie ticket even though they couldn't afford it. That same pattern has continued throughout the ensuing decades.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
James B. wrote:

The film industry tends to thrive during bad economic times. People want/need escapism, movies supply that. The film industry made incredible gobs of money during the Great Depression, people were willing to use that .10 Cents to buy a movie ticket even though they couldn't afford it. That same pattern has continued throughout the ensuing decades.

Yep - the movie industry tends to have its biggest years when times are tough
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
James B. wrote:

Yep - the movie industry tends to have its biggest years when times are tough

movies by me are now $13 normal price and $10 matinee. Needless to say I dont go to the movies nearly as often as I used to.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:39 pm

James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Total Lifetime Grosses

That's exactly the first thing I thought when I saw these numbers. Cry me a river if you're losing your home or unemployed yet you can fork out the cash for this movie.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Total Lifetime Grosses

That's exactly the first thing I thought when I saw these numbers. Cry me a river if you're losing your home or unemployed yet you can fork out the cash for this movie.

toho - that is very mean spirited. I would assume its a right to be able to go to the movies.

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Told you it was good. Very Happy

That's some serious box office there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:13 am

Sutekh wrote:

I'm a complete Joss Whedon fanboy, so I've been looking forward to it since I first learned he was going to write and direct. I knew it was going to be good...but it surpassed even my expectations. It's essentially a perfect popcorn movie, completely accessible to fanboys and the general public alike, with very intelligent and witty dialogue and well drawn characters. The copious action sequences are consistently impressive as well.

Hopefully this will show Hollywood that it's possible to make a summer blockbuster in a more intelligent fashion than the norm. Provided you hire a really talented writer/director and focus on the characters and the dialogue as much as the CGI.

Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:31 am

S.D. wrote:
Sutekh wrote:

I'm a complete Joss Whedon fanboy, so I've been looking forward to it since I first learned he was going to write and direct. I knew it was going to be good...but it surpassed even my expectations. It's essentially a perfect popcorn movie, completely accessible to fanboys and the general public alike, with very intelligent and witty dialogue and well drawn characters. The copious action sequences are consistently impressive as well.

Hopefully this will show Hollywood that it's possible to make a summer blockbuster in a more intelligent fashion than the norm. Provided you hire a really talented writer/director and focus on the characters and the dialogue as much as the CGI.

Completely agree. It is the perfect popcorn movie, managing to keep both the fanboys and general public happy (no easy feat). I'm particualalry impressed with how he balanced the character interaction between characters, so there was enough dialogue and action for each to have a chance to show why they're part of the team. And Ruffalo was great as the Hulk!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:55 am

I was impressed with Ruffalo's turn as Banner/"The Other Guy". I thought Eric Bana's version was lame, I really liked Ed Norton's turn and was bummed that he opted out, but Ruffalo did an excellent job! Unlike the earlier movies, he actually played The Hulk... in a motion capture suit, but he still played him and I think that made a HUGE difference as to how Hulk looked on screen
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:12 am

Man was that a great movie ! That's the kind of superhero I've been wanting to see. This is so much better than any of the others that came before it (even the Dark Knight,which I thought was fantastic).

Did anyone stay for the post credits and catch the next villain ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:19 am

*****stops looking at this thread cuz I haven't seen the movie yet******

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

OK when you see the movie, wait til after the credits have stopped rolling, then let me know if I am correct, and I am not going say anymore and I am going to delete my last comment
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:38 am

Nothing to see here. Move along,people.

Last edited by 007 on Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:35 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

OK when you see the movie, wait til after the credits have stopped rolling, then let me know if I am correct, and I am not going say anymore and I am going to delete my last comment

Yep - 2 post-credit scenes, 1 post end-credit title sequence and 1 after all the credits are done..

BTW - they had to adjust the total weekend gross upwards, they were short 7 million on the estimate:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $207,438,708 31.7%
+ Foreign: $447,400,000 68.3%
= Worldwide: $654,838,708
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $207,438,708
(#1 rank, 4,349 theaters, $47,698 average)

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:44 am

OOPS. Sorry everyone. I didn't catch Manny post right befor mine so I 'll delete it was well .
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:46 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Yep - 2 post-credit scenes, 1 post end-credit title sequence and 1 after all the credits are done..

Oh man. Can someone please PM me what the seond post scene is ? I totally missed it because my wife was calling me on my cell (she didn't go because she's working the night shift)and I walked out of the theater
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:55 pm

007 wrote:
Man was that a great movie ! That's the kind of superhero I've been wanting to see. This is so much better than any of the others that came before it (even the Dark Knight,which I thought was fantastic).

Did anyone stay for the post credits and catch the next villain ?

I saw the end but I have no idea who that was. Anybody who did see it and knows who that is (unless there is no tie to a character in the comic), please let me know. No need to PM me, just use the spoiler function.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:00 am

Okay, I can post that. I wasn't sure where the spoiler function was but since I found it........

Spoiler:

For more info :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Trailer for "The Avengers"
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next