Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Trailer for "The Avengers"

Go down 
+22
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
brokentulsa
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Sutekh
CRIMSONMASK
GrandNational
mlotek
sheets
exact33
metalinmyveins
manny
DallasBlack
Rex
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:53 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Looks great, will definitely be seeing this. Good to see Mark Ruffalo in the movie as the Hulk, he used to come around regularly with his wife to the video store I worked at many many moons ago and then go over to the sushi bar next door.

I like Ruffalo quite a bit, but Edward Norton kind of got screwed in this whole deal. I believe he thought it was a given that he would be a part of the Avengers series. I don't think it came down to money either. The biggest thing that has hurt The Hulk franchise is that there's now a third actor playing David Banner. Never a good thing...

I read he wanted out since he didn't have script control and was pissed that a number of scenes he wrote were pulled from his Hulk movie. That said, too bad he's not in The Avengers. I thought he was great in The Incredible Hulk and that movie made me forget there was ever that first POS brought to you by the makers of Brokeback Mountain......
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Looks great, will definitely be seeing this. Good to see Mark Ruffalo in the movie as the Hulk, he used to come around regularly with his wife to the video store I worked at many many moons ago and then go over to the sushi bar next door.

I like Ruffalo quite a bit, but Edward Norton kind of got screwed in this whole deal. I believe he thought it was a given that he would be a part of the Avengers series. I don't think it came down to money either. The biggest thing that has hurt The Hulk franchise is that there's now a third actor playing David Banner. Never a good thing...

I read he wanted out since he didn't have script control and was pissed that a number of scenes he wrote were pulled from his Hulk movie. That said, too bad he's not in The Avengers. I thought he was great in The Incredible Hulk and that movie made me forget there was ever that first POS brought to you by the makers of Brokeback Mountain......

It's a shame regarding the first movie, since Jennifer Connolly is not only much better looking, but is a much better actress then that of the gravy trainer known as Liv Tyler. In terms of Eric Banta, I love his work, but yeah the first installment was a disaster. What a shame...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm of the complete opposite opinion. I liked the first Hulk movie...and I thought the one with Edward Norton was a steaming pile of sh1t.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm of the complete opposite opinion. I liked the first Hulk movie...

Another rare moment of you and me in agreement! Very Happy I liked the large dogs in that one particularly. I didn't hate the second one, but I didn't really enjoy it that much. My dad on the other hand, hated both.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 pm

I prefer the second Hulk movie. It's like a Godzilla movie except the monsters are roughly human-sized. It's actually fun to watch, whereas the Ang Lee movie is a schizophrenic slog (I should mention that I'm not a big fan of Lee's movies in general).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

I still haven't seen the Ed Norton "Hulk" movie but I thought the Ang Lee "Hulk" flick was a steaming pile.

To this day, I wonder which studio douche decided to give a $100 million summer movie to an art-house guy from Hong Kong who'd never read a comic book in his life....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I still haven't seen the Ed Norton "Hulk" movie but I thought the Ang Lee "Hulk" flick was a steaming pile.

To this day, I wonder which studio douche decided to give a $100 million summer movie to an art-house guy from Hong Kong who'd never read a comic book in his life....

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner!

that comment was better than the movie...

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Why do you think it's a steaming pile? Just curious. I'm not a comic book guy, so I approach these movies as "cinema" and I only judge them on their merits to that medium.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Why do you think it's a steaming pile? Just curious. I'm not a comic book guy, so I approach these movies as "cinema" and I only judge them on their merits to that medium.

Same here. I've hardly read any comic books in my life (the only ones I've read more than one or two times have been Animaniacs, Pinky & The Brain, The Simpsons, Futurama, and Resident Evil).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Quote :

Well, I'm a Comic Book Guy. I've read "The Hulk," and Ang Lee's movie wasn't "The Hulk." It was a Greek tragedy starring Shrek on steroids.

A Hulk movie should've been pretty easy to do. Banner gets radiated. Banner turns into Hulk. Hulk goes "ARRRRGH" and smashes a lotta sh*t. The end.

Nobody wanted a two plus hour movie of Banner and his Daddy having "issues."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:01 am

I thought Lee's movie was just ok. So much potential and it was squandered away.The best part to me was the ending with the huge zoom out from Banner as the guerillas p*ss him off and we only hear him turn into the Hulk.

The more recent Hulk with Norton was way better. The battle between the Hulk and the Abomination was absolutely incredible and caught just what a battle between 2 behemoths would be like.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Well, I'm a Comic Book Guy. I've read "The Hulk," and Ang Lee's movie wasn't "The Hulk." It was a Greek tragedy starring Shrek on steroids.

A Hulk movie should've been pretty easy to do. Banner gets radiated. Banner turns into Hulk. Hulk goes "ARRRRGH" and smashes a lotta sh*t. The end.

Nobody wanted a two plus hour movie of Banner and his Daddy having "issues."

I think you nailed the issues with the first one. Ang Lee said he was making a Greek tragedy and not a comic book movie. It just didn't work. The whole Daddy "issues" was just wrong for the Hulk.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:48 am

Saw the first Hulk and didn't like it. Only seen bits & pieces of the 2nd one and thought it was ok. Someday I might watch the whole thing. Or not.

It was my understanding that Ed Norton screwed himself out of the Hulk gig in 'The Avengers'. He was being too demanding and they told him to piss off.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I enjoyed the Ed Norton 'Hulk' movie, it was not great but it was very cool and fun, Ang Lee is a brilliant director but to try to make the Hulk into an arty film was a terrible idea, people wanted a pop corn movie not a 2 hour psycho babble about dad, mom, and his inability to love, who wrote the script anyway? Dr Phil?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 am

The Ed Norton "Hulk" turns up pretty regularly on the FX Network and I keep meaning to record it so I can finally check it out, but keep forgetting about it. I'll get to it eventually.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:30 pm

I thought the Hulk movies were just boring and unimaginative.

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 pm

I grew up wacthing "The Incredible Hulk" tv series with Bill Bixby and big "Lou" as The Hulk. If I remember correctly that series was more of a "drama" at it's core, the first Hulk movie gave me the same type of vibe.

I don't know, I found the first Hulk film to be refreshingly adult. But I only saw it once, so I'm not sure how it would hit me now.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
I grew up wacthing "The Incredible Hulk" tv series with Bill Bixby and big "Lou" as The Hulk. If I remember correctly that series was more of a "drama" at it's core, the first Hulk movie gave me the same type of vibe.

I don't know, I found the first Hulk film to be refreshingly adult. But I only saw it once, so I'm not sure how it would hit me now.

to be honest I never thought much of the tv show (or subsequent made for tv movies either). Others may disagree but i think the hulk is good with others, but not so much by himself.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Quote :

I wonder the same thing, only reversed. I saw the first Hulk film in the theaters and hated it. Never bothered with it again. However, knowing what I know now, I wonder if I'd like it any better.

And yea, I grew up with the Bill/Lou version. But if there was any drama, it went right past my little-kiddie brain. I just wanted Bill Bixby to stub his toe and hulk-out!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

I loved the Hulk tv show when I was a kid. Of course,I just watched it to see the Hulk in action.Looking back now those moments seemed far and between (since it was basically a rehash of The Fugitive)but still,you had to take what you could get.Same goes with the live-action Spider-Man show. Loved it too and I know it was lame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:10 pm

a short, wonderfully "jiggly" clip of Black Widow fighting her way out of being held captive while wearing a low cut black dress.

This looks like a lost scene from Buffy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 pm

S.D. wrote:
a short, wonderfully "jiggly" clip of Black Widow fighting her way out of being held captive while wearing a low cut black dress.

The sound you hear is fanboys worldwide going "fap-fap-fap." Very Happy

Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

The sound you hear is fanboys worldwide going "fap-fap-fap." Very Happy

Point of Parlimentary Procedure:

A true "fanboy" would be critiquing ScarJo's martial skills & pissing and moaning about how its not the same as in the comics, & that Joss Whedon doesn't "get it" & will ruin the movie. A "nerd" would be making with the fap-fap.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:50 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:

Point of Parlimentary Procedure:

A true "fanboy" would be critiquing ScarJo's martial skills & pissing and moaning about how its not the same as in the comics, & that Joss Whedon doesn't "get it" & will ruin the movie. A "nerd" would be making with the fap-fap.

I stand corrected. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Trailer for "The Avengers"
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next