Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Trailer for "The Avengers"

Go down 
+22
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
brokentulsa
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Sutekh
CRIMSONMASK
GrandNational
mlotek
sheets
exact33
metalinmyveins
manny
DallasBlack
Rex
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:17 pm

**SPOILERS**

I have to partially disagree about Buffy.  

While I will admit that season 4 had some issues (the college year - although there were some fantastic episodes the arc of that season was the weakest of the series) I think one of the best overall seasons for writing and characters was season 5.  That was the season that Dawn was introduced, the season Buffy's Mother passed away, Spike joined the gang full-time, Anya & Xander moved in together and the big bad was blonde, sassy Glory.  The Dawn story-line arc (which had been hinted at in season 3) was one of the most interesting of the series and I really think all the characters were beautifully handled that year.  That was Joss Whedon's last season as show-runner and his season finale where Buffy sacrifices herself to save the world would have been one of the best series finales in history if the show had ended before moving to UPN.  That season feels very "complete" to me, I love how it starts with Buffy vs. Dracula prior to jumping into the arc in the second episode.

Season 6 was a very different animal because the show-runner was now Jane Espenson and the less-restrictive UPN allowed them to push boundaries past where they could have gone before.  This led to the episode where Spike & Buffy have sex on the balcony of The Bronze and that episode is what caused the tension between Gellar and the producers.  She hated the relationship with Spike and thought Buffy would never do anything like that, she felt they had corrupted the character.  It's a weird season and one of the darkest.  While it makes many missteps along the way I think the final season arc is very good. The shocking death of Tara that turns Willow evil is very effective, as is Xander being the savior.  ...and then there's the musical episode.

Season 7 was actually better, after the deadly serious tone of the previous year they brought the comedic elements back in.  Again, not a completely solid season but not nearly as bad as the reputation it has.  Plus Nathan Fillion is AWESOME as the evil preacher.

I never saw Buffy until 2009 and I watched all 7 seasons back to back so my experience is different than someone that followed it year after year.  

I would probably rank the series in this order:

Season 3
Season 5
Season 2
Season 1
Season 4
Season 7
Season 6
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:25 am

I agree that seasons 6 & 7 were hit and miss, but the hits were still big hits. Evil Willow and the musical episode were the saviour of a very poor season 6 (the Trio? Gimmie a f**kin break!) but I enjoyed season 7 a lot in an 'obviously a last hurrah' kind of way. I don't agree that going to college harmed the show and rank season 5 as my favorite. I'm not actually all that keen on season 1.

I would say that Angel was a more consistent show, I really liked it from the start to the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:34 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I agree that seasons 6 & 7 were hit and miss, but the hits were still big hits. Evil Willow and the musical episode were the saviour of a very poor season 6 (the Trio? Gimmie a f**kin break!) but I enjoyed season 7 a lot in an 'obviously a last hurrah' kind of way. I don't agree that going to college harmed the show and rank season 5 as my favorite. I'm not actually all that keen on season 1.

I would say that Angel was a more consistent show, I really liked it from the start to the end.
The college season (4) seemed to struggle in capturing a tone early on but got better as it progressed.  Riley was really not a very interesting character, Adam was a boring villain and "Beer Bad" is the worst episode of the entire series.  

Still, some great ones like Fear Itself, Hush, the Faith/Buffy body-switch two-parter and my personal favorite; the season finale Restless which follows the lead characters into their dreams.  Good individual episodes but the season as a whole felt disjointed. That was rectified by the excellent season 5.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:31 pm

I love this news! After having seen her in "Liberal Arts" & "Peace, Love & Misunderstanding", I've quickly become a fan of Ms. Olsen's....

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/did-nick-fury-recruit-elizabeth-olsen-avengers-sequel-172529430.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Elizabeth Olsen is the real deal, a very good actress.  She will next be seen in Spike Lee's "Oldboy" remake, the beat generation flick "Kill Your Darlings" and next summer in Godzilla.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 pm

I've never heard of her , although I've heard of her older twin siblings naturally. Apparently she's going to be the Scarlet Witch ? Interesting news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:01 pm

007 wrote:
I've never heard of her , although I've heard of her older twin siblings naturally. Apparently she's going to be the Scarlet Witch ? Interesting news.
She has primarily been doing small independent films that don't get much promotional push. I first saw her in the film Liberal Arts last year and I was blown away by her performance.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:
She has primarily been doing small independent films that don't get much promotional push.  I first saw her in the film Liberal Arts last year and I was blown away by her performance.  

Cool. The casting in the Marvel movies has been top notch so I'm sure she'll be just fine.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:33 pm

007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:
She has primarily been doing small independent films that don't get much promotional push.  I first saw her in the film Liberal Arts last year and I was blown away by her performance.  
Cool. The casting in the Marvel movies has been top notch so I'm sure she'll be just fine.
Both Shawn and myself loved "Liberal Arts". If you like/love independent features, do yourself a favor and check that movie out. It's in my top 3 for favorite movies of 2012. Great performances all over the place in that flick!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Waitaminnit... she's a part of that Olsen family? I had no idea the "Full House" gals had another sister. Ya learn something new every day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Waitaminnit... she's a member of that Olsen family? I had no idea the "Full House" gals had another sister.  
Yeah, I didn't realize it either until seeing "Liberal Arts". I don't have anything against those twins, but Elizabeth is the star of the family!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Although this revelation has reminded me of this classic "Onion" article from quite a few years back:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/lapd-discovers-hidden-deformed-olsen-triplet,576/

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Waitaminnit... she's a part of that Olsen family? I had no idea the "Full House" gals had another sister. Ya learn something new every day.
Elizabeth is the younger sister, she was born 3 years after the twins.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

The only shows that are really memorable to me post-high school were Hush and The Musical. I thought the last season was horrid with the 'potential' slayers.

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Here's a photo taken on the Avengers: Age of Ultron set, this is Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch.

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 AVENGERS-ULTRON-WITCH
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
Here's a photo taken on the Avengers: Age of Ultron set, this is Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch.

Definitely a different look from the comic, like that of Jeremy Renner, who played Hawkeye. Then again, this could just be her everyday woman on the street look, who's about to get into her duds. The Scarlet Witch outfit might be a little too much. I'm excited about her role, and can't wait to see how they will introduce Vision and Quicksilver into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:07 am

S.D. wrote:

I don't mind that look too much. I mean,after all, the Scarlet Witch's costume is basically a red bathing suit with a cape so this probably translates better over to the silver screen. Then again, Elizabeth Olsen in a bthing suit would look nice too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:22 pm

A little glimpse of Ultron from the upcoming film :

http://www.newsarama.com/21588-first-look-ultron-in-avengers-age-of-ultron.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Trailer for "The Avengers"
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8