Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Trailer for "The Avengers"

Go down 
+22
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
brokentulsa
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Sutekh
CRIMSONMASK
GrandNational
mlotek
sheets
exact33
metalinmyveins
manny
DallasBlack
Rex
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

New Trailer for "The Avengers" Empty
PostSubject: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Just released today, apparently... oh my goodness, the trailer that came out late last year was cool but this one is total geek overload. I swear I got misty eyed with comic book nostalgia while watching.

P.S. I could've sworn I started a thread about this flick when the last "Avengers" trailer was released but couldn't find it. Do old threads in this forum disappear faster than usual? Search function came up with nothin'. Just wondering.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Look awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:21 pm

The movies companies, after many failed attempts, have finally started geting these comic book movies right. Hopefully this one follows suit as well. Looks pretty good to me.

Quote :
P.S. I could've sworn I started a thread about this flick when the last "Avengers" trailer was released but couldn't find it. Do old threads in this forum disappear faster than usual? Search function came up with nothin'. Just wondering.

Maybe it's buried in one of the other comic book movie threads, like Captain America or Green Lantern? You know how we like to go off topic every now and then.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:23 pm

oh hell yes !!!!!!

I have been waiting for this since that first crappy Hulk flic

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Joss Whedon wrote and directed this one, and he knows the comic universe, so I expect GREATNESS.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm

I was always more into Avengers than X-men and Fantastic Four

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 pm

The "estimated" budget for this movie is $300 million dollars. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Man do I look forward to this one! It looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:47 pm

I wish they had kept Captain America's costume closer to the one he wore in his solo movie. Other than that, this looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Rex wrote:
I wish they had kept Captain America's costume closer to the one he wore in his solo movie. Other than that, this looks awesome.

They needed to update it for marketing purposes. If you're selling toys, it's gotta be a different figure, right? Who wants the "old Cap" standing along side the new Avengers. Laughing It's the same reason sports teams introduce alternate jerseys and uniforms every coupla years. Gotta keep it fresh for the buying public.

It's hard to tell from the clip, but I'd bet the farm that Iron Man & Thor's suits have been changed just enough from their movies too.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 am

Wow! That last part had me Shocked . Looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:14 am

I love how they have the heroes fighting each other in the flick,much like those old 60s comics. Marvel loved doing that back in the day.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:35 am

I can't wait to see this!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:38 am

I collected one comic book back in the day, and the Avengers was that comic book. I can remember waiting with anticipation each month for my Dad to take me to Comiskey's Drug Store (before the franchises starting ruling the roost). I've been anticipating this one movie for a long time. At some point, I hope that we might get a back story for Hawkeye. I would love for the next Avengers movie (and we know there will be another one) to incorporate possibly one of the few I'm about to mention: Giant Man; WASP, Scarlett Witch, Vision, Quicksilver, Power Man, Black Panther, or Beast.

This new trailer kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
I would love for the next Avengers movie (and we know there will be another one) to incorporate possibly one of the few I'm about to mention: Giant Man; WASP.

I'm really really surprised that they weren't included in the films at any point considering they're both founding members of the team.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Giant Man didn't test well with audiences in intial surveys that were sent out during the initial planning of the film. And the producers weren't sure how he'd translate to a toy. He didn't have cool accesseories and would be difficult to make him "bigger than usual".

Black Widdow was chosen over WASP for the first film because the BW character was already introduced in Iron Man and they didn't want another female lead to compete for screen time. She may be introduced in the next film.

Beast has already been introduced as part of the X-Men franchise and they are not cross-promoting those 2 films because of liscensing/marketing red tape.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Quote :
Beast has already been introduced as part of the X-Men franchise and they are not cross-promoting those 2 films because of liscensing/marketing red tape.

The X-Men films were produced by 20th Century Fox and the Avengers is being released via Paramount, which probably has a lot to do with it. Even though all of these characters may interact with each other regularly in comics, the movie studios are not going to 'share' their film counterparts with each other.

Quote :
Power Man

If they ever add Power Man, I hope he talks just like he did in the comics in the '70s. "Sweeeeeeeet Christmas, step up suckas, cuz Luke Cage is comin' thru!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Giant Man didn't test well with audiences in intial surveys that were sent out during the initial planning of the film. And the producers weren't sure how he'd translate to a toy. He didn't have cool accesseories and would be difficult to make him "bigger than usual".

Black Widdow was chosen over WASP for the first film because the BW character was already introduced in Iron Man and they didn't want another female lead to compete for screen time. She may be introduced in the next film.

All of the above statements were pulled straight outta my ass. I was just making up random bullschmitt for my own amusement. I have no knowlegde of any of that stuff. Almost sounded real though, didn't it? Razz

Thanks to Freddy though for making my assumption about Beast seem legit.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

The X-Men films were produced by 20th Century Fox and the Avengers is being released via Paramount, which probably has a lot to do with it. Even though all of these characters may interact with each other regularly in comics, the movie studios are not going to 'share' their film counterparts with each other.

Quote :
Power Man

If they ever add Power Man, I hope he talks just like he did in the comics in the '70s. "Sweeeeeeeet Christmas, step up suckas, cuz Luke Cage is comin' thru!" Laughing very hard

I'm sorry, I said Power Man, I meant Wonder Man. Though, he has to wear that nice red coat which he always adorned in the 70's and 80's comics.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:30 pm

wow! This looks great!!!

sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

They need to do a straight, word-for-word adaption of that old story in which Dr. Doom hires Cage for a job and then stiffs him on the bill, causing Cage to fly over to Latveria and start wrecking the place because he wants Doom to pay him the $200 he owes. "Where's my money, honey?"
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:06 am

Cool. Good to see that Marvel and DC movies that have continuity. AND worth watching!

I've heard complaints about some over the years that people hated, but I liked (Hulk, Darevdevil, Elektra).

I took a look at wiki now and see this -
"Film

A trade report in March 2011 said Marvel Entertainment is developing an Inhumans film. It describes the film as being "in the vein of X-Men about aliens who were put on Earth as a sleeper cell to eventually call back their race to take over the planet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans

They were part of stories from The Fantastic Four, but see they also have crossover stories in the last 10 years with The Avengers too, but far in the future?

Instead of these companies always restarting franchises, like remaking Batman or Superman,or Spiderman, wish they would just continue, as there are so many great lengthy tales from the early days into the 1980s that need to be put onto the screen.

Glad that some people have vision; we got the three Lord of the Rings movies (4 if you include The Hobbit this year), the Star Wars series, etc. Now we just need movie studios to think the same way.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 am

mlotek wrote:
Cool. Good to see that Marvel and DC movies that have continuity. AND worth watching!

I've heard complaints about some over the years that people hated, but I liked (Hulk, Darevdevil, Elektra).

I took a look at wiki now and see this -
"Film

A trade report in March 2011 said Marvel Entertainment is developing an Inhumans film. It describes the film as being "in the vein of X-Men about aliens who were put on Earth as a sleeper cell to eventually call back their race to take over the planet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans

They were part of stories from The Fantastic Four, but see they also have crossover stories in the last 10 years with The Avengers too, but far in the future?

Instead of these companies always restarting franchises, like remaking Batman or Superman,or Spiderman, wish they would just continue, as there are so many great lengthy tales from the early days into the 1980s that need to be put onto the screen.

Glad that some people have vision; we got the three Lord of the Rings movies (4 if you include The Hobbit this year), the Star Wars series, etc. Now we just need movie studios to think the same way.

I would love to see a Dethlok movie.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Looks great, will definitely be seeing this. Good to see Mark Ruffalo in the movie as the Hulk, he used to come around regularly with his wife to the video store I worked at many many moons ago and then go over to the sushi bar next door.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Looks great, will definitely be seeing this. Good to see Mark Ruffalo in the movie as the Hulk, he used to come around regularly with his wife to the video store I worked at many many moons ago and then go over to the sushi bar next door.

I like Ruffalo quite a bit, but Edward Norton kind of got screwed in this whole deal. I believe he thought it was a given that he would be a part of the Avengers series. I don't think it came down to money either. The biggest thing that has hurt The Hulk franchise is that there's now a third actor playing David Banner. Never a good thing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Trailer for "The Avengers"
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next