Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Trailer for "The Avengers"

Go down 
+22
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
brokentulsa
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Sutekh
CRIMSONMASK
GrandNational
mlotek
sheets
exact33
metalinmyveins
manny
DallasBlack
Rex
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Man, you guys got me pumped up to see this. Usually don't see a movie with such universally high marks.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Man, you guys got me pumped up to see this. Usually don't see a movie with such universally high marks.

I do only if it's something I wanted to see before any reviews come out.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Well, the Avengers movie fulfilled every fan boy expectation that I might have had. Like I've stated before somewhere in this thread, the Avengers comic book was the only one that I really collected as a youth. Unlike baseball cards, comic books for me were always too far to travel for on bike. It would have taken many busy streets to cross, so I depended on my parents each month to drive me to Comiskey's Drug Store in Greenwood, IN. There, I would spin the comic book holder looking for the Mighty Avengers comic book, grabbing one, and subsequently putting homework on the back burner for that of fantasy.

My first Avengers comic ever:

https://marvel.com/digitalcomics/view.htm?iid=1469
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:01 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

Oh that was a good one. Part of the Korvac saga .
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm

007 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Oh that was a good one. Part of the Korvac saga .

The funny part of my Avengers history is, I started with that comic, then I got issues #175 and #176, but something happened where a hole appeared in my collection. I can't say why my parents neglected to take me somewhere to get #177 (which was the end of that storyline). My Avengers saga picked back up at #181, where Gyrich tells the Avengers that they have to cut off some of the fat within the group. I think it went over about as well as when Doyle Hargraves (from Sling Blade) starts telling his band and others he objects to being at Linda's. Gyrich (like that of Doyle Hargraves).:

I think it might have gone something like this.

(Gyrich) We ain't got no Avengers, we don't need to f*ckin' train Thor, we don't need no sh!t ass Tony Stark either...you motherf*ckers. You all just a bunch of losers. I'm the only sane son of a b!tch here. Get the f*ck out of the Avengers mansion now!!!

(Quicksilver whispers) It's not your mansion Gyrich, it's Tony Starks.

(Gyrich) I'll whip the dog sh!t out of you Quicksilver. I'll f*cking kill you if you talk to me again. Now all of you get the f*ck out, before I get too mad to turn back.

(Black Panther) What about our weapons?

(Gyrich) Come here you little prick, come here you f*cking prick (pushes him in a chair next to the door). Get out, all ya all. Now get the f*ck out!!! C'mon you motherf*ckers...get the f*ck out!!! Thor, you hammer throwing son of a b!tch. Go f*cking train Thor!!! C'mon Beast you f*cking genius, get the f*ck up and get the f*ck out of here, God damnit!

(Wonder Man) This ain't right Gyrich, there's something wrong with you. Nobody wants to take this sh!t man.

(Gyrich) Get the f*ck out of here.

(Yellow Jacket) The Avengers numbers look good on paper, you're just showing your true colors.

(Gyrich) Stay out of my Goddamn face, you f*cking buzzard!!! (Various Avengers members have made their way out of the mansion, while others remain)

(Gyrich) Hey, I said get out of my mansion. That goes for aliens and third rate superheroes, now get up off your a$$es and go, c'mon!!!

http://marvel.wikia.com/Avengers_Vol_1_181

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Avengers_Vol_1_181
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:53 am

Me and the girlies saw this last night. We came away very impressed. It was fun, and packed with some much stuff that it will be easy to watch it over and over. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:20 am

Avengers keeps printing money like they are the US Mint. Biggest US second week ever with another $103 million. So far, over $1 BILLION (say in a Dr Evil voice) dollars worldwide:

Domestic: $373,182,000 37.2%
+ Foreign: $628,900,000 62.8%
= Worldwide: $1,002,082,000
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:36 am

Watched it yesterday... This movie was so awesome. I went in thinking it was going to be good but that it was probably getting over-hyped. It's not. The part after the credits was great. The next round of Marvel films are supposed to be setting up the events of Avengers 2. Iron Man 3 & Thor 2 next year!

I don't see DKR coming close to the box office records this movie has set. And I say that as someone that prefers DC over Marvel. Sad

I wish Marvel would release their Essential trades at a quicker pace (same with DC and their Showcase Presents line). I'd like to get into the '80s era of Avengers but I think the latest volume is still from the mid/late '70s.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:02 am

I actually took my mom to see this last week. I think the last 5 or so movies I have taken her have been based on comic characters, haha!

I really enjoyed the flick, plus The Avengers where my favorite Marvel group growing up (still are), so it was that much better.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm

I really liked this movie. Went to see it last week with my wife.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:34 pm

I guess no matter how many people love a movie, some are never happy:

http://www.craveonline.com/comedy/articles/188263-30-things-that-were-wrong-about-the-avengers?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

A bit tounge-in-cheek perhaps?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:45 pm

i was entertained, even the ol lady enjoyed it. We had to drive 80 miles one way to see it. Made a day of it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:05 pm

I'll finally be seeing it next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:41 am

this one was very good, I had a couple of minor gripes that I think they could have fixed, but the film really did just get better as it went on, and yeah, the ending, that's a pretty tall order for a sequel, we'll see..
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:50 pm

I finally saw this today and it was well worth the wait. I thought it was really entertaining and they managed to get the Hulk right. Marvel hit a home run with this movie.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
I finally saw this today and it was well worth the wait. I thought it was really entertaining and they managed to get the Hulk right. Marvel hit a home run with this movie.

I agree I saw it yesterday and i Loved it!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:09 pm

I ended up seeing The Avengers last night and I dug it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Still haven't seen it, but I understand that as of this weekend, "Avengers'" stranglehold on the #1 position at the boxoffice has come to an end, as "Men In Black 3" came out on top over the holiday weekend.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Still haven't seen it, but I understand that as of this weekend, "Avengers'" stranglehold on the #1 position at the boxoffice has come to an end, as "Men In Black 3" came out on top over the holiday weekend.
Finally.
I know I'm in the minority but I just have no interest in "comic book movies". Probably because the only comic books I ever read was stuff like Tales From The Crypt; never did get the whole "superhero" appeal.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Well, both are good movies so it doesn't bother me. Hell, even if both bombed, I enjoyed them and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah I know but I just get annoyed when a movie I have absolutely no interest in has such a stranglehold on the box office.

Kind of stupid really because I don't go to the movies anyway but it irks me for some reason. I guess it's similar to some people's reaction when a horror movie like Saw or Hostel does well at the box office.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah I know but I just get annoyed when a movie I have absolutely no interest in has such a stranglehold on the box office.

Kind of stupid really because I don't go to the movies anyway but it irks me for some reason. I guess it's similar to some people's reaction when a horror movie like Saw or Hostel does well at the box office.

Oh, I certainly understand. I felf the same way about Titanic back in the day and the Twilight movies in recent years.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Oh, I certainly understand. I felf the same way about Titanic back in the day and the Twilight movies in recent years.
Yep. Same here. I don't "get" those either.

I will see the new MiB though when it's out on DVD. I just enjoy the crap outta the concept of that franchise. It's more like the comic books I read as a kid.

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:58 pm

MIB3 still underperformed from expectations, it's 4 day weekend take was 70 million, that's 20 million less than the studio was hoping for.

Avengers is still pulling in tons of cash considering it's been out for several weeks, it sunk Battleship completely (which deserved to be sunk). Over 500 million domestic so far.

4-Day Weekend Estimates:
1. MIB 3 - $70 million
2. The Avengers - $46.9 million
3. Battleship - $13.8 million

This weekend will bring the worldwide gross for The Avengers to over 1.3 billion dollars.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Trailer for "The Avengers"
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next