Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New DOKKEN album on the way....

Go down 
+19
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
Psychotron
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
chewie
Getizzyback
manny
Metal Misfit
James B.
Dark Horseman
Infinite
EmoElmo
Eyesore
stepcousin
Lurideath
Tur-Thalion
Fat Freddy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 am

Quote :
I was a little surprised Mick was on the album in the first place, since he's part of the Tooth & Nail line-up with George and Jeff.

One of the posts on Blabbermouth under this article sez that Tommy Lee (!) actually played the drums on the album since Mick was out touring with Ted Nugent at the time. Dunno how true that one is.

I suppose it could be true, cuz between Nugent, T&N and being arrested for drunken driving in a golf cart, Mick Brown has had a pretty busy year thus far. Can't imagine how he could've fit a Dokken recording into such a tight schedule.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 am

"But officer, you can't stop me, i'm bloody late for recording and Don will holler at me and stuff."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 am

Quote :
One of the posts on Blabbermouth under this article sez that Tommy Lee (!) actually played the drums on the album since Mick was out touring with Ted Nugent at the time. Dunno how true that one is.

I'd question that one too though, since Tommy has been out with the Crue all summer with KISS. I guess it's possible. Who knows when the tracks were laid down.

Eh, who knows or even cares at this point. Maybe Geoff Tate did some background vocals with the chick from Nightwish too. And Axl played some cowbell. :cheese:

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 am

I found this at BraveWords.com...they tracked the drums at Tommy Lee's studio. Doesn't necessarilay mean Tommy played on it.

Quote :
Dokken: "It's just a few comments about how we did the CD, we tracked the drums at (MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer) Tommy Lee's Studio Atrium. It's really an awesome studio, and since he always gets great drum sounds I figured we couldn't go wrong tracking there. I owned my own studio for ten years and he did what I tried to do with mine. Make it
comfortable with nice vibes and great equipment. He did it great. After that we did most of the rest in my guesthouse we call the cottage. And a lot of the guitar tracks in Jon's bedroom, Marshalls blazing! Sorry neighbours!"

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DOKKEN album on the way....
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4