Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New DOKKEN album on the way....

Go down 
+19
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
Psychotron
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
chewie
Getizzyback
manny
Metal Misfit
James B.
Dark Horseman
Infinite
EmoElmo
Eyesore
stepcousin
Lurideath
Tur-Thalion
Fat Freddy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Hmm well when I seen them here in Vegas last summer with Quiet Riot, Don Dokken kept holding his ribs. I guess that explains it. He had broken bones and was healing. It still don't make up for his crap performance though. I am wanting to hear this new album though!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Hmm well when I seen them here in Vegas last summer with Quiet Riot, Don Dokken kept holding his ribs. I guess that explains it. He had broken bones and was healing. It still don't make up for his crap performance though. I am wanting to hear this new album though!

Singing with broken/healing ribs has to HURT!!! Ugh...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:47 pm

No kidding. I had a deep rib bruise and just breathing was a chore.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Hmm well when I seen them here in Vegas last summer with Quiet Riot, Don Dokken kept holding his ribs. I guess that explains it. He had broken bones and was healing.

Or maybe he was just checking to make sure his girdle wasn't coming apart.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:47 pm

The news of the new Dokken album prompted a new "A Brief History of So-And-So" entry on my blog:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/DOKKEN-Classic-LA-Rockers-to-Return-With-Broken-Bones

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 pm

New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 83628

According to Amazon, Dokken's Broken Bones will be released on Sept. 25th and will be available as a CD/DVD combo pack. No indication of what's on the DVD though.

New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 6373060_f260

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

According to Amazon, Dokken's Broken Bones will be released on Sept. 25th and will be available as a CD/DVD combo pack. No indication of what's on the DVD though.

Right, so it's called Broken Bones...and they come up with a skull-and-crossbones pirate flag design for the cover...which doesn't appear to show any of the bones as broken. Brilliant concept.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Right, so it's called Broken Bones...and they come up with a skull-and-crossbones pirate flag design for the cover...which doesn't appear to show any of the bones as broken. Brilliant concept.

Maybe they're supposed to be "broken" emotionally? Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

More likely, financially.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

More likely, financially.
And vocally.

Also, what kind of flag is that? Worn velvet?
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:32 pm

My guess is that the DVD will be a making of the record.

And Don is broken because Lynch wouldn't come back to him.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:06 pm

I have hopes for this, the last one was really good.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:08 pm

I'll buy it but I don't have high hopes.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I've enjoyed them all except Shadowlife. But, oddly enough, I actually enjoyed that one recently.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:05 am

Man, I hope Don Dokken doesn't sing like what he did on "Dream Warriors" v 2.0, it really is appalling

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
I've enjoyed them all except Shadowlife. But, oddly enough, I actually enjoyed that one recently.

I actually like Shadowlife, so that makes three people that like this disc. The other person being FF
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:52 am

manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

I actually like Shadowlife, so that makes three people that like this disc. The other person being FF

(Raises hand) Yo. I was just listening to Shadowlife a couple of days ago, in fact. I guess that makes me an uber Dokken fanboy.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:03 pm

If I tell myself Shadowlife isn't Dokken it's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
(Raises hand) Yo. I was just listening to Shadowlife a couple of days ago, in fact. I guess that makes me an uber Dokken fanboy.
I hated it when it came out. Guess I just needed like 15 years to evolve as a listener to enjoy it. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:36 pm

I avoided Shadowlife like the plague when it came out cuz the reviews on it were absolutely vicious. I finally picked it up a year or so afterwards when it turned up in the Columbia House clearance section for $3.99 and I went "Ehh, what the hell." Maybe I was expecting something much worse but when I listened to it I sez "Y'know, it's not too bad."

For $3.99 it wasn't a bad listen. If I'd paid fifteen bucks for it as a new release though, I probably would've been livid.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

i can't wait for the new album. I thought the last one was fantastic..I loved Jon Levin's guitar work. He is awesome. I wish lynch would have never rejoined Dokken. I thought everything he did after Back For The Attack was crap. I don't care for any of the music he is doing these days as a solo artist or with Lynch Mob. I just hope he doesn't screw up Tooth an Nail. I hope its an 80s style album. I did like his work in the 80s with Dokken however.
Back to top Go down
seconds2silence
Metal novice
Metal novice
seconds2silence

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 604261 I'm giving Dysfunctional another listen. Rather enjoying it now. I think the best post-Lynch Dokken record is Lightning Strikes Again.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Dysfunctional was different but had some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:46 am

I love Dysfunctional. Different, but it's an excellent album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:30 am

I used to own Dysfunctional but it didn't do much for me. I haven't bought anything new by the band since then.. I'd imagine I'm missing out on some decent stuff but I'm not gonna sweat it right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DOKKEN album on the way....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next