Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal

Go down 
+64
stpatrik
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
candlemass
Witchfinder
fightingokra
Gilbert
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Runicen
Glower
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Short-Fuse
metalhead777
Sutekh
Boris2008
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
80s Metal Lady
EvyMetal
Clint-metalcdratings
Hamer12
MetalRob331
tohostudios
truerock
exact33
Psychotron
mlotek
Andy
martinsane
Wurthless
7thSaviour
firestarter
kmorg
Olafsto
arachnoplasma
Fat Freddy
Louder
stormspell
Gryphon-kl
Nico
NYCAnt
Dark Horseman
nevermore
Coram Deo
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Required Fields
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
EmoElmo
Citanul
BearOnUnicycle
Joe
Vexer6
Wargod
mc666
ultmetal
Addy
Eyesore
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 9:02 pm

mc666 wrote:
I'm really getting into Deadlock from Germany. They started out as Melodeath. They are now more of a melodeath/metalcore/industrial/gothic hybrid. Sabine's vocals are beautiful though.

I'm interested in picking up their stuff. I've been passing on their Arsonist album for a bit now. I know where to get it for $3, but have deleted it from my cart every time. I definitely dig what I've heard, but I always have to trim my carts. Haha.

I'll pick it up eventually.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 pm

The Arsonist is my favorite since Wolves, which was Sabine's first as a full time member. They are all pretty good though, even the ones before her. Only one that kinda bugs me is Manifesto with it's PETA preaching. Plus it has a horrible guest rapper on 1 song which I always skip.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:36 am

As I posted on Facebook, I think their last album, Blood, was excellent. Can't wait for the next one!

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 11:44 am

mc666 wrote:
I'm really getting into Deadlock from Germany. They started out as Melodeath. They are now more of a melodeath/metalcore/industrial/gothic hybrid. Sabine's vocals are beautiful though.

I have friends who played in a band by the same name once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
As I posted on Facebook, I think their last album, Blood, was excellent. Can't wait for the next one!

I thought Blood was a bit of a let down. Not bad, but not what I was hoping for. New song sounds good though.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:32 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I thought Blood was a bit of a let down. Not bad, but not what I was hoping for. New song sounds good though.

Really? It's my favorite by them. Certainly an unexpected shift in style, but I was pleasantly surprised. Seems like this one has a shift toward that djent (whatever that means) style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 5:03 pm

You can stream the new Black Moth album Condemned To Hope here:

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-08/exclusive-black-moth-condemned-to-hope-album-stream

Really like this band...plus they get mucho bonus points for hiring the awesome Roger Dean to provide the album artwork.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 1:44 am

Fans of classic doom will love Witch Mountain. Sadly the singer Uta just recently left the band. She is just fantastic & unique. They'll have a hard time replacing her.

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 2:10 am

I agree, she is going to be hard to replace.

The latest album is killer.

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 61BF4q%2BUSLL._SX425_
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm

S.D. wrote:
I agree, she is going to be hard to replace.

The latest album is killer.

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 61BF4q%2BUSLL._SX425_

Yeah, it's one of my top favorites this year. Mostly because of her voice. I'd love to hear her do some jazz type stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 4:11 pm

She definitely has the chops for jazz/blues singing. The song "Your Corrupt Ways (Sour The Hymn)" is an amazing vocal performance.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 am

Listening to Witch Mountain's "Mobile of Angels" on Spotify and all I can think is "WHY!!!! Why is she leaving!" This is their best (in my opinion) and is perfect! Oh well, I guess it is better to go out on a good note.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 11:30 am

Adrenaline Rush

And we cant forget The Iron Maidens!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:36 pm

That chick in Adrenaline Rush needs to blow her nose.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Maybe she did too much blow before the shoot.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:48 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Could be. It's what all the cool kids are doing right? drunken

I had their album come up quite frequently as a recommendation from Amazon, but she sounds too nasally.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 2:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Could be. It's what all the cool kids are doing right? drunken

I had their album come up quite frequently as a recommendation from Amazon, but she sounds too nasally.

I like that in a woman. Of course, I thought Fran Drescher's voice was sexy. Neutral

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 3:01 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fans of classic doom will love Witch Mountain. Sadly the singer Uta just recently left the band. She is just fantastic & unique. They'll have a hard time replacing her.

Yeah, Ann Wilson is what I hear when she sings. She's an absolute powerhouse.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 4:16 pm

A friend saw me looking at this thread and mentioned Butcher Babies. Have to admit I have never heard of them but they have they Wendy O Williams thing down pat.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Orianthi shreds!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 4:39 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
A friend saw me looking at this thread and mentioned Butcher Babies. Have to admit I have never heard of them but they have they Wendy O Williams thing down pat.

Don't let the boobies fool you. They are terrible. If it weren't for the 2 Playboy Playmates, these chumps wouldn't stand a chance.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 3:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Don't let the boobies fool you.

The boobies always fool me. Such is the awesome power of the boobies! angry Embarassed

That band are absolute shite though. Sticky tape on the nipples does not make you Wendy O Williams!!

As for Witch Mountain, I love em and the new record is the best of the three. I've got to admit that I'll probably be following what Uta does next more closely than what the band does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 3:47 am

Eyesore wrote:

Yeah, Ann Wilson is what I hear when she sings. She's an absolute powerhouse.

After jamming Witch Mountain nonstop for the past couple days I got the sudden urge to binge on a bunch of 1970s Heart.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:50 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Don't let the boobies fool you.

As for Witch Mountain, I love em and the new record is the best of the three. I've got to admit that I'll probably be following what Uta does next more closely than what the band does.

Have you heard Aranya?

https://aranya.bandcamp.com

It's...good. Not great overall, but decent. With refinement they could be amazing, I think.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

Don't let the boobies fool you. They are terrible. If it weren't for the 2 Playboy Playmates, these chumps wouldn't stand a chance.

Good point, now that you mention it, I listened to it and they suck. Eye candy got the best of me, sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next