Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!

Go down 
+39
Psychotron
Wurthless
Dellocatus
DevZor
oldschooldoom
Gilbert
DallasBlack
truerock
stpatrik
stormspell
powermacho
Dave the Boss
Eyesore
BearOnUnicycle
EmoElmo
TheGreatDuck
ShadowAngel
speed101
thejokeriv
Igor
Zdan
MoonChild
Speedmetalfreak
James B.
nevermore
Dark Horseman
exact33
Wargod
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
chilejay7
Witchfinder
Andy
ultmetal
manny
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:17 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Eagerly awaiting this one. Stupid name, though.

Accept are known for stupid album names and covers (Balls to the Wall, Russian Roulette) and they wanted to name the Blood of the Nations album "Teutonic Terror" first but then thought that wouldn't go over with the german media. In contrast to this i really wonder why they now think Stalingrad is a good name. There are already discussions on some german metal boards about it.
At least they don't release it on the 20th April...that would've initiated a frenzy here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:46 am

I've only heard a few tunes of Blood Of Nations and it's been on my want list since it's release.I'm sure this one won't disappoint. I need to get this once it's available and catch up on Accept.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:29 am

ShadowAngel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Accept are known for stupid album names and covers (Balls to the Wall, Russian Roulette) and they wanted to name the Blood of the Nations album "Teutonic Terror" first but then thought that wouldn't go over with the german media. In contrast to this i really wonder why they now think Stalingrad is a good name. There are already discussions on some german metal boards about it.
At least they don't release it on the 20th April...that would've initiated a frenzy here.

It is kind of an odd topic for a German band to pick, isn't it? By most accounts, Hitler and the German army got their asses handed to them when they fought Russia. Maybe I'm missing something here, but it would be like an American band writing an album about our triumphs in Viet Nam.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it. I've been a casual fan of Accept for the most part, but Blood of the Nations was excellent.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:41 am

Wargod wrote:
Yes new Accept, UFO, Firewind, Overkill doesn't get much better than that!

Wargod
Don't forget Van Halen, Sabbath (although I'm a bit skeptic about that one, but let's hope I'm wrong) and maybe also Deep Purple!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

It is kind of an odd topic for a German band to pick, isn't it? By most accounts, Hitler and the German army got their asses handed to them when they fought Russia. Maybe I'm missing something here, but it would be like an American band writing an album about our triumphs in Viet Nam.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it. I've been a casual fan of Accept for the most part, but Blood of the Nations was excellent.

Blood of the Nations was the first Accept album i have really liked.
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Really? No love for classics like "Restless And Wild", "Breaker" or "Balls To The Wall"?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Zdan wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Really? No love for classics like "Restless And Wild", "Breaker" or "Balls To The Wall"?

nope. no love for them. I tried and tried to like them but it just never happened. Blood of the Nations though - it clicked right away.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:01 pm

exact33 wrote:
Zdan wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

nope. no love for them. I tried and tried to like them but it just never happened. Blood of the Nations though - it clicked right away.

Wow. Weird because while "Blood Of The Nations" is a harder, leaner, meaner version of Accept it is basicly the same sound they had since their early days.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I was a bit of the same.

I had a coupla of their albums, but none that I loved or played over and over. They were ok if I was in the right mood I guess. But Blood of the Nations clicked immediately. I've played that one more than all the other Accept albums I own combined. Might be Udo's voice. I'm not sure what it is really.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm

I can understand that but even the bit about Udo's voice is kinda weird to me because on "Blood..." Mark really channels his inner Udo. But do not get me wrong I love "Blood..." - the production and the lean, mean nature of the songs are what gets me to come back to that one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:10 pm

What I liked about Tornillo's vox on BLOOD OF THE NATIONS is that he was gritty enough to fit the Accept "sound," but he didn't come off sounding like an Udo clone.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
What I liked about Tornillo's vox on BLOOD OF THE NATIONS is that he was gritty enough to fit the Accept "sound," but he didn't come off sounding like an Udo clone.

yep. That added grit made a world of difference to me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Bingo! I can't stand Udo's nasally vox. I think this guy is perfect for their sound.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Bingo! I can't stand Udo's nasally vox. I think this guy is perfect for their sound.

i like nasally vox but Udo is too much for me...
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Udo's voice sounds like the Leprechaun plus he doesn't sound like a singer, I mean Mille Petroza can sing, Brian Johnson can sing, even Angela from Arch Enemy can sing...UDO can't (sorry Udo fans) that's why I have avoided ACCEPT since my first Metal Baptismal
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Udo's voice sounds like the Leprechaun plus he doesn't sound like a singer, I mean Mille Petroza can sing, Brian Johnson can sing, even Angela from Arch Enemy can sing...UDO can't (sorry Udo fans) that's why I have avoided ACCEPT since my first Metal Baptismal

Ever checked out Blood of Nations? The new guy is "Udo-esque" but he can actually sing IMO.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

Ever checked out Blood of Nations? The new guy is "Udo-esque" but he can actually sing IMO.

I like Blood of The Nations and I only hear some Udo elements quite a teeny weeny bit which is fine, as long as he can sing...Unlike Udo Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:29 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

I like Blood of The Nations and I only hear some Udo elements quite a teeny weeny bit which is fine, as long as he can sing...Unlike Udo Laughing

Yep. I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

Yep. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Well to each their own. I have always enjoyed Udo's voice. His screeching fits this style of music perfectly. I can see why some people wouldn't like it though. It's an acquired taste.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 am

I like Udo's voice also, it fits the music of Accept and U.D.O.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Blood Of The Nations is classic!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:29 am

UDO is one of the best metal singers ever.

Tornillo is just ok. Not even close to UDO.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 am

Speedmetalfreak wrote:

After all the praise I was slightly disappointed with BotN.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 am

Speedmetalfreak wrote:

I can't even understand this comment. They sound so ridiculously similar. If one is just okay, there's no way the other can be one of the best ever. The gap between the two is way too vast, man.

Udo himself, of course, has way more clout than what's-his-nuts, but vocally they're pretty damn even.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

I dunno, I think if Udo had been on Blood of the Nations it would've been a case of "same ol' sh*t." Having some new blood on there made it more interesting to me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next