Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!

Go down 
+39
Psychotron
Wurthless
Dellocatus
DevZor
oldschooldoom
Gilbert
DallasBlack
truerock
stpatrik
stormspell
powermacho
Dave the Boss
Eyesore
BearOnUnicycle
EmoElmo
TheGreatDuck
ShadowAngel
speed101
thejokeriv
Igor
Zdan
MoonChild
Speedmetalfreak
James B.
nevermore
Dark Horseman
exact33
Wargod
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
chilejay7
Witchfinder
Andy
ultmetal
manny
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Elmo, what's weak about it?
It's him, it's not the record Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 499945

Just listening to it. It is at least as good as its predecessor. Looking forward to see them live in April headbanger
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
It's him, it's not the record Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 499945

Just listening to it. It is at least as good as its predecessor. Looking forward to see them live in April headbanger

See, this what happens when you are committed to a band, thank God I am not a fan, clearly not as fresh and energetic as BOtN, sounded like they just wanted to cash in..the album's lethargic sorry dude
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Don't be sorry, just an opinion. I'll wait and see for myself but there are few groups i'm such a fanboy of I have to have it.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Dellocatus wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

See, this what happens when you are committed to a band, thank God I am not a fan, clearly not as fresh and energetic as BOtN, sounded like they just wanted to cash in..the album's lethargic sorry dude

I don't think it's about commitment, for I'm not a huge fan. It's just that I liked Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad delivers more of the same. It is not an revolution, it is nothing new, it doesn't sound fresh, as you're claiming, but it is a sequel to BotN, in either way, musically and qualitatively, and therefore I like it.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:25 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Dellocatus wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

I don't think it's about commitment, for I'm not a huge fan. It's just that I liked Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad delivers more of the same. It is not an revolution, it is nothing new, it doesn't sound fresh, as you're claiming, but it is a sequel to BotN, in either way, musically and qualitatively, and therefore I like it.

Yeah, I havent heard the album sans the title track, but what are Accept supposed to do? They already tried to go on differnt routes in the past, and people didnt like it. Consequently, they stick to what people expect from them. Which is fine, as long as the songs are there. Look forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:00 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Stalingrad/dp/B007KB15BA

Not sure if it's been posted, but you can listen to samples there. Sounds like another fantastic album!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Just ordered my copy today!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 pm

yep. it does sound excellent.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Got the album today. It's a ripper!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 pm

I ordered my copy last week, however it turned out to be a pre-order and doesn't get releases until the 10th.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I ordered my copy last week, however it turned out to be a pre-order and doesn't get releases until the 10th.

I preordered mine from CMDistro and it showed up today.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I preordered mine from CMDistro and it showed up today.

That's Amazon for you, they take release dates pretty seriously. Though they did mail out my copy of Symphony X-Iconoclast one day in advance (but that's the earliest they released it).
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 am

Eyesore wrote:

Not sure if it's been posted, but you can listen to samples there. Sounds like another fantastic album!
It is! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:40 am

Eyesore wrote:

That's sounding excellent. I'll wait til the 10th to try and get it. I see that Best Buy will be selling it so I'm hoping that the one near me will have it and I can run up and get it on my lunch.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Got my copy yesterday. It's a fantastic album!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:19 am

nevermore wrote:

Compared to Blood of the Nations, is it better?

Any interesting speedy tracks?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:16 am

Listening to it now - it is an awesome album. My first listen take - better than Blood Of The Nations. Excellent album!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:41 am

They followed up BOTN with this gem it is a ripper!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Gilbert wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Compared to Blood of the Nations, is it better?

Any interesting speedy tracks?

It's a little slower and more melodious compared with BotN. It sounds more like old Accept stuff (Restless and Wild, Balls to the Wall) to me. But there are a few songs that could have been on BotN too. I think it is better in overall. I especially love the first two tracks. These are killers!

Edit: It is not true. It isn't slower. Just listening to it once more. For me, it felt slower, but actually it is equal to BotN in terms of speed. But what you're looking for is „Flash to Bang Time”. You should be happy with this one Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 pm

A question for those that have seen/heard the new album.

Is the dvd worth it or should I just go with the standard single cd edition? Bear in mind, I rarely watch those bonus dvds more than once, sometimes never. Anything super-cool on there worth owning?

Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 pm

There is nothing but some of the new songs (BotN) filmed live. I suppose the videos will be on youtube soon. If it's higher priced, I would not get this edition. I bought the limited one because it didn't make great difference in price..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Welp, I was hoping to be able to shoot up to the Best Buy up the road from work today to pickup STALINGRAD but their web site shows it as UNAVAILABLE in that particular store. Well, dang. So much for that idea. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Just picked up mine. Getting ready to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:08 pm

It's up on Spotify now, so I'll probably jam it later today.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Got an e-mail this morning that told me mine had shipped along with the new Overkill and Sunstorm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next