Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!

Go down 
+39
Psychotron
Wurthless
Dellocatus
DevZor
oldschooldoom
Gilbert
DallasBlack
truerock
stpatrik
stormspell
powermacho
Dave the Boss
Eyesore
BearOnUnicycle
EmoElmo
TheGreatDuck
ShadowAngel
speed101
thejokeriv
Igor
Zdan
MoonChild
Speedmetalfreak
James B.
nevermore
Dark Horseman
exact33
Wargod
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
chilejay7
Witchfinder
Andy
ultmetal
manny
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:13 am

Gave the album a first listen on my way back home from work last night.

I found it to be less catchy than blood of the nations. I guess it needs more listens to really get into it.

The vocals are very similar to UDO's, and that's excellent headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:42 am

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
This album smokes! Great stuff!

Yep! Three spins now and I really dig it.

i love the music and the vocals are fantastic.

Agree - it also seems more melodic to me than BOTN
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:03 am

I can't see how anyone wouldn't like it. It gets better with subsequent listens.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:40 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
This album smokes! Great stuff!

Yep! Three spins now and I really dig it.

i love the music and the vocals are fantastic.

Agree - it also seems more melodic to me than BOTN

yep. They hit a home run on this album. I think it is very catchy.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:50 pm

I played it for the first time this morning on my way to work. Sounded good to me, but it's not quite as immediately catchy as Blood of the Nations. I'm sure it will get much more spin time in the next few weeks.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I played it for the first time this morning on my way to work. Sounded good to me, but it's not quite as immediately catchy as Blood of the Nations. I'm sure it will get much more spin time in the next few weeks.

it should. i have played it each day since it arrived.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:12 pm

I agree with each listen it gets better and better. I had to put it away for sometime so I don't get burned out on it. So far early in the year it's my top cd!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Wargod wrote:
I agree with each listen it gets better and better. I had to put it away for sometime so I don't get burned out on it. So far early in the year it's my top cd!

Wargod

I've been rotating three new releases in the car, the new Accept, Overkill and 3 Inches of Blood. Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 11840

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wargod wrote:

Wargod

I've been rotating three new releases in the car, the new Accept, Overkill and 3 Inches of Blood. Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 11840

All three are great! Personally, I like Accept as the best of the lot, followed by 3 inches of blood and then the new Overkill.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 pm

I was spinning this one again earlier today and I noticed something I hadn't before. The guitar solo in Stalingrad morphs into the national anthem of the Soviet Union (not sure if it's Russia's now or not). The only reason I recognize it is because of the old WWF when Nikolai Volkoff used to try to "sing" the anthem before his matches.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:04 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I was spinning this one again earlier today and I noticed something I hadn't before. The guitar solo in Stalingrad morphs into the national anthem of the Soviet Union (not sure if it's Russia's now or not). The only reason I recognize it is because of the old WWF when Nikolai Volkoff used to try to "sing" the anthem before his matches.

I was rackin my brain as to where in the hell I'd heard that before ????? Thanks man

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Wargod wrote:

Wargod

All three are great! Personally, I like Accept as the best of the lot, followed by 3 inches of blood and then the new Overkill.

For me the following ones are reversed Overkill then 3 Inches Of Blood. Being such a MHR buff, I thought the new Sunstorm should be in my top 3 but so far that one was a bit of a dissapointment.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 am

On second listen, i feel that the album is starting to grow on me.

I must admit though that it is still far from being my favourite, as i consider Iron Savior's album to be the best release of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
truerock
Metal novice
Metal novice
truerock

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 pm

So glad that my favourite band came back with a GREAT album
Back to top Go down
http://truerock3.caster.fm/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:23 am

I finally got my hands on Stalingrad over the weekend. I'm only on my second full spin of it right now but thus far, me likee. I especially dig "Shadow Soldiers" and "The Galley" right now, but when it's had more time to "gel" I'm sure I'll be able to pick out some other highlights.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:56 am

Shadow Soldiers was the immeadiate standout for me and it hasn't faded. An excellent album for sure.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:09 pm

Anybody else notice that the guitar noodling at the end of "The Galley" sounds kinda like a continuation of "Anamos La Vida" from Objection Overruled?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Shadow Soldiers was the immeadiate standout for me and it hasn't faded. An excellent album for sure.

I still think the last half is the best, starting with Shadow Soldiers.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:58 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

I still think the last half is the best, starting with Shadow Soldiers.

I agree with this. My fave track is still The Galley .
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:45 am

ultmetal wrote:

I have Stalingrad since Saturday. The album is great, the DVD is an okay goodie. I am listening to 3 Inches of blood since a while now. These two albums are already highlights for me for this year. Unfortunately I still don't have the new Overkill. I only listened to 'Electric Rattlesnake' and 'Whish You Where Dead'. Both tracks are on a magazine disk. Sounds very promising as well...

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:12 pm

the new Accept is great. I really really have enjoyed this and I suspect it will rank really high in my 2012 albums.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!   Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept - STALINGRAD release date & info!
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8