Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comp Swap X!

Go down 
+28
BearOnUnicycle
Wurthless
Rex
Witchfinder
Addy
arachnoplasma
Zdan
metalken
Lurideath
Cognitive Dissonance
stepcousin
mlotek
chewie
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
allthingsmetal
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
martinsane
jstate
kmorg
Olafsto
DallasBlack
bassman
tohostudios
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:32 pm

what's a "comp swap"?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:35 pm

You create a CD or thumb drive of stuff you like and exchange it with another HoM member who does the same thing.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:36 pm

I think I've been in at least 5 of these and have always found something I liked from what I received.

For me, the pain in the butt part is posting the reviews.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think I've been in at least 5 of these and have always found something I liked from what I received.

It's also a pain in the butt for us to read your reviews Razz

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Everyone's a comedian. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

or at least try to be...
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

or at least try to be...

I know I do. Only works if the audience likes puns though. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 pm

I had Toho a couple of years ago. He sure don't like nothing to heavy. He don't even like thrash! Count me in, I'll do a swap with MC-If I can listen to Japanese noise like Merzbow, I can pretty much tolerate anything.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 am

I have always found something new to me that i have liked. I have swapped with lots of members here but i am still waiting to get Toho or Dallasblack as i think they are both into Celtic rock and punk like me, and melodic metal/hard rock too...
I like most types of metal btw but pairing me up with a death/black metal fan would be a waste Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:10 am

Olafsto wrote:
I like most types of metal btw but pairing me up with a death/black metal fan would be a waste Smile

same goes for me.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:27 am

I don't care who I get paired with as long as it's domestic...my comp would come out the same regardless of who I send to.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 am

I'm in if its not too late!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't care who I get paired with as long as it's domestic...my comp would come out the same regardless of who I send to.

You should pair with me - you mention enough bands I haven;t heard before that I;d like to check out!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:25 am

exact33 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

same goes for me.

same here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:49 am

I'm cool with whomever I'm teamed up with. If you want some guide lines, I'm happy to oblidge. You can put whatever you want on there. But I'm honest in my reviews. If I don't like it, you'll hear about it. Mad Don't be a puss if I don't dig what you're selling.

I don't do digital though. I'll send 1 or 2 cdrs and expect the same in return.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:51 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

DAMN DISCRIMINATING FOREIGNER!!!!!

lol!

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:17 pm

I am in.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 pm

kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

DAMN DISCRIMINATING FOREIGNER!!!!!

lol!

he is a singer - what did you expect???
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 pm

I would be in for the Comp Swap but I live in Poland - and I can imagine that can be a pain in the butt to whomever I get paired up with.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Olafsto wrote:
I have always found something new to me that i have liked. I have swapped with lots of members here but i am still waiting to get Toho or Dallasblack as i think they are both into Celtic rock and punk like me, and melodic metal/hard rock too...

Whats the difference? It's not like you would review it anyway Razz lol!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

same goes for me.

Everyones getting at least one comp from MC sorry.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Zdan wrote:
I would be in for the Comp Swap but I live in Poland - and I can imagine that can be a pain in the butt to whomever I get paired up with.

That's not a problem for me. But if anyone else (like Shawn) has a problem with foreigners let your voice be heard! lol! Your more than welcome to join.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 pm

I've done both of my swaps with friends overseas and aside from taking a little longer to ship & receive, there hasn't been any issues. Well, Kmorg's discs smelled a little of lute fish. However Locky's came with a pint of Jamison's.

Gotta take the good with the bad sometimes. drunken

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:12 pm

:glee:

Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:40 pm

This is a really cool and fun idea! I considered joining up... but I'm not sure I've really got the time at the moment. It takes me FOREVER to make a compilation that I'm happy with. I always wind up overthinking it.

And besides, I doubt I'd have anything obscure or anything anyone hadn't heard before so there wouldn't be many surprises or new discoveries, which I reckon is part of the fun. I'm often humbled to be in the presence of those who are so much more knowledgeable about metal and heavy music here!

But if you guys ever do another comp swap after this one... count me in! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap X!    Comp Swap X!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp Swap X!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next