Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comp Swap VI

Go down 
+14
Stender
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
Addy
Tall Tyrion
exact33
Required Fields
Shiney
Olafsto
jstate
tohostudios
manny
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:52 am

It looks like it is up to me this time to start another Comp Swap. I will leave this open for about a week before I start pairing up the names. Who's on board?

Last edited by kmorg on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stickied it for you)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 pm

I'd be interested, even though my comps always suck. But I think we should try to make the comps at least somewhat focused and especially relatively short (one CD per max). I've never been in on one of these, but I understand that they response rate isn't always good. No offense to anyone, but nobody has time to review 3 CD's with 50 songs on them, no wonder some people don't respond. Especially if it's a lot of extrememly diverse esoterica that takes a lot of concentration. If I get in on this I'm gonna limit it to no more than 12 pretty accessible songs. Obscure maybe, but accessible.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:01 pm

Count me in, Dallas.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:14 pm

Me too.

Whoever I get paired with better be pretty eclectic though because I want to throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Sonia Dada to Sister Sin; Gemini Five to Alabama 3, 69 Eyes to Skjold.

I like the one CD rule too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Count me in.

I wonder if there is a way to pair people up based on what they might like or are interested in. Personally I'm up for every and anything, but I felt like last go around my stuff didn't go over so well.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Personally pair me with whoever I like just about every genre of music.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Count me in too!
It may be a good idea to pm the one you are paired with before you make the comp. It`s good to know a little bit about the other persons taste...
In my expirience this is a great way of getting to know other members a little better, and discover some new bands..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:15 am

I've always like these so I'm in....

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:21 am

Yeah, throw me in the mix as well.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Throw me in the mix as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:54 am

I'm off until Sunday in case you guys decide by then. Thinking about all the possibilities is a lot of fun! It's caused me to revisit some of the odd corners of my collection this week. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:58 pm

i would be up for it too!

Alex

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 pm

I've never participated in one of these, but I'd be interested.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:26 pm

The numbers are uneven at this moment however, I don't mind pulling double duty one bit. I have drawn names and have made pairs, however, I am going to give it til tomorrow to see if the numbers even up. So I am officially announcing last call.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:55 pm

whats involved? i dont want ot commmit till i know what im committing too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Addy wrote:
whats involved? i dont want ot commmit till i know what im committing too

We are doing CD-R trades, basically.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Basically, you put together a cd of songs that not everyone might have heard of, but are some of your favorites. You swap and everyone gives a review.
Back to top Go down

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:42 pm

If you get TT as your partner, he includes an assortment of cold cuts for you to enjoy while listening to the compilation. He's so kind. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:55 pm

I find that cold cuts enhance any music listening experience. Smile
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:45 am

I love that idea but with my time constraints I better bow out for now, maybe next time
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Here we go (I put all names in a bag, shook it up and drew names-I put mine in twice because the numbers didn't match up):

Olafsto-exact33

Tall Tyrion-jstate

Required Fields-manny

Shiney-SAHB Healer

spectrefate-Dallas Black

tohostudios-Dallas Black
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:30 pm

Looking forward to doing it, I'll make mine for manny this weekend.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:20 am

Somebody else join up. I want in this thing. I've done one for every one of them so far, so why quit now? UncleSax should be enjoying the last bunch of comp discs I did right about now.

I literally have a TON of tunes on my computer right now from which to pull (I've yanked songs from just about every CD I own, and many I have CD-Rs of until I can find originals).

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:33 am

Quote :
UncleSax should be enjoying the last bunch of comp discs I did right about now.

Have been cranking them every day that I am in the office since I got home! Hope you've BEN [pun] doing the same. I'll pm ya win I get 2 secs to catch my breath.
Back to top Go down

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:34 am

You forgot me DB. Give me Spec or Toho and you can trade with the other and Sideshow. Me n Sideshow just did our own thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comp Swap VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap VI   Comp Swap VI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp Swap VI
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: