Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth

Go down 
+61
Orion Crystal Ice
ZetaReticuli
journeyman
BillRoxx
Speedmetalfreak
criss3o
akeldama
lynch
arttieTHE1manparty
Dellocatus
DevZor
Vexer6
ultmetal
stpatrik
JaguarBlaze
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Nico
Shiney
Wayne
sheets
Joe
EmoElmo
Addy
iamrockerfun
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
chewie
snooloui
TheDoctor'sScarf
adrian
krokus
DeathCult
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Ben Grimm
mlotek
jstate
XYZ
MEGATRON
JBall_Z
Andy
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
James B.
exact33
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
manny
Shawn Of Fire
tohostudios
Alex Dee Rokket
Troublezone
Eyesore
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:28 pm

After I read Sammy Hagar's book, and the leaked chapter that was re-written before being printed (link from Guitars101 is in another thread somewhere on this forum) most of my questions were answered about what Sammy, Dave and the rest of VH are really like as people.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm

I don't like what I've heard from "Stay Frosty" but "Blood and Fire" is okay.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:13 pm

New clip "China Town" sounds more like VH than any of the other clips...

http://www.bravewords.com/news/176848

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Finally!! Ed lets loose. That's more like it.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 pm

I hope there's more like China Town and less like New Tattoo.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 pm

China Town is the best sample i've heard so far.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Anyone think the production sucks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Anyone think the production sucks?

Too hard to tell really with these low-quality sound clips, I'll wait until I can hear some full tracks.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:30 pm

She's The Woman? I have that on a Golden West Ballroom Concert Bootleg from around '77
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:27 pm

China Town sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Skipping the tour...$167 for seats not even on the floor, on the side level near the back of the floor? You can keep them.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Skipping the tour...$167 for seats not even on the floor, on the side level near the back of the floor? You can keep them.

Wolfie is making some major cash. (Dad hooked him up with a great 1st job)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Thieves.

My ticket to the Powerslave tour in January 1985 was $12.50.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:13 pm

I listened to the last soundclip - I am not hearing a whole lot that interests me so far..

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:58 pm

exact33 wrote:
I listened to the last soundclip - I am not hearing a whole lot that interests me so far..

Me neither. Of course the last Van Halen album I purchased was 5150 when it first came out, I jettisoned them shortly afterward. I think I'll be happy remembering the classic era.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Thieves.

My ticket to the Powerslave tour in January 1985 was $12.50.

Yeah...that's just damn ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:30 pm

90 second previews of all songs:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/preview-90-second-clips-of-all-13-tracks-from-van-halens-a-different-kind-of-truth-here/

The Trouble with Never:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:48 am

Much better than I was expecting!

Gotta say, though, while I'm on the fence about the production, Dave's vocals have lost a lot of that old charisma it once had.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 am

The lyrics and vocals don't flow with the music like they used to. It's not all horrible... but I was expecting more.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 am

sleazeroxx's main reviewer Skid gives this a pretty glowing review.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/vanhalen/adifferentkindoftruth.shtml

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:24 am

Supposedly this album was released in Australia (?) today...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Australian iTunes
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:30 am

tohostudios wrote:

[url=http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/vanhalen/adifferentkindoftruth.shtml
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/vanhalen/adifferentkindoftruth.shtml[/quote[/url]]

I'm keeping my expectations pretty low, after some of the clips I heard. And my copy of Chickenfoot III should be arriving any day now. I'll have fun comparing the 2.

Quote :

So it should be up on YouTube in 3, 2, 1... Laughing

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/vanhalen/adifferentkindoftruth.shtml

I like Skid's comment that this is the first real Van Halen record in almost 30 years. I agree. Also I listened to the above track "The Trouble With Never", and all I can say is so far so good. DLR and company are Tattoo for two in my book. It should be a good album.

I've read comments that Dave's vocals aren't what they used to be. That may be true, after all, it's been 30 years since 1984. Halford and Paul Stanley aren't what they used to be either. But that's the way it goes. Our heroes are getting older. I'm just glad they're still turning out really good albums.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 pm

It's out here as well. Picked it up, sounds effin' awesome. Tattoo is definitely the low point, the other songs are killer - all of them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
Page 11 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next