Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth

Go down 
+61
Orion Crystal Ice
ZetaReticuli
journeyman
BillRoxx
Speedmetalfreak
criss3o
akeldama
lynch
arttieTHE1manparty
Dellocatus
DevZor
Vexer6
ultmetal
stpatrik
JaguarBlaze
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Nico
Shiney
Wayne
sheets
Joe
EmoElmo
Addy
iamrockerfun
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
chewie
snooloui
TheDoctor'sScarf
adrian
krokus
DeathCult
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Ben Grimm
mlotek
jstate
XYZ
MEGATRON
JBall_Z
Andy
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
James B.
exact33
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
manny
Shawn Of Fire
tohostudios
Alex Dee Rokket
Troublezone
Eyesore
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:04 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Anyone have a idea of what the tickets will cost?

Tickets for the Philly show are:

$149.50, $79.50, $49.50

Those look like Rolling Stones or Eagles prices, when they go into their annual semi-retirement, only to reemerge. Do you know if the $49.50 seats include binoculars for those last 10 rows?

or hearing aids for the fans??

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:52 am

Watched the video again last night...my opinion of the song has been slightly downgraded to "OK"...not all that impressive. Again, the 3 new songs w/ Sammy on that last best of were way better and had more energy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:46 pm

It's being said the rest of the album is heavier. We'll see!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
It's being said the rest of the album is heavier. We'll see!

Yeah right....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Ill wait to hear more but I think shawn is right - the more you listen, the more this comes across as tired music.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
Ill wait to hear more but I think shawn is right - the more you listen, the more this comes across as tired music.

Compare "Tattoo" to "Bigfoot" and Chickenfoot CRUSHES this new VH track.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Compare "Tattoo" to "Bigfoot" and Chickenfoot CRUSHES this new VH track.

Couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
It's a crappy cover any way you look at it.

It is indeed kinda weak...but most VH artwork was never that great.

I think I like the album cover more than the song.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:58 am

Cack Sabbath spoke with former Van Halen and current Chickenfoot frontman Sammy Hagar on January 12th at the Academy in Manchester, England. A clip from the interview appears below.

Cack Blabbath: What do you think of [Van Halen] getting back together? I've got a question here which was not intended to be about them specifically, but big bands who get back together, are they doing it for the music or are they doing it for the money?

Hagar: Well, I'm not going to speculate why anyone does anything, but I'll tell you what, they waited so long and they're so not fan-friendly, and as big as Van Halen was in the past… That's what we used to argue about when I was in the band. I got thrown out because I didn't want to do a greatest-hits record. I said, "Why the Smurf? We're the biggest band in the world. Every album we've done since I've been in the band has been No. 1, we've sold out every arena on the planet. Now why would you want to sell them the same old record again and give them two new tracks? Why do you want to do that to the fans?" And we got into it. They wanted to do it at that time for the money, a new manager came in and he thought we could make a whole bunch of money for doing nothing, and I'm going, "We've got a whole bunch of money, so why are we doing this?" We really didn't need to do it and it really caused problems in the band. Why they're doing it now, I have no idea, but I think it's about time. I personally don't think that what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all. It should be better than it is, but hey, it is what it is, and at least they got together and at least they came out with something, that's all I can say, you know. God bless them, but I was expecting a lot more.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:48 am

New album details...

The deluxe-edition version of VAN HALEN's much-anticipated new album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", will contain a bonus DVD featuring four brand new acoustic-performance videos titled "The Downtown Sessions" including the songs "Panama", "You And Your Blues", "You Really Got Me" and "Beautiful Girls".

"A Different Kind Of Truth" track listing:

01. Tattoo
02. She's The Woman
03. You and Your Blues
04. China Town
05. Blood and Fire
06. Bullethead
07. As Is
08. Honeybabysweetiedoll
09. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New album details...

The deluxe-edition version of VAN HALEN's much-anticipated new album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", will contain a bonus DVD featuring four brand new acoustic-performance videos titled "The Downtown Sessions" including the songs "Panama", "You And Your Blues", "You Really Got Me" and "Beautiful Girls".

01. Tattoo
02. She's The Woman
03. You and Your Blues
04. China Town
05. Blood and Fire
06. Bullethead
07. As Is
08. Honeybabysweetiedoll
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

I am little tired of the Unplugged gimmick, but I did see some video clips of DLR solo doing an acoustic performance of 'Mean Streets' and it was pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:10 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
New album details...

01. Tattoo
02. She's The Woman
03. You and Your Blues
04. China Town
05. Blood and Fire
06. Bullethead
07. As Is
08. Honeybabysweetiedoll
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

I am little tired of the Unplugged gimmick, but I did see some video clips of DLR solo doing an acoustic performance of 'Mean Streets' and it was pretty damn good.

Acoustic performances can be put together and pulled off quickly and cheaply.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:19 am

Chances are, I'll get the deluxe version, maybe watch the dvd once and then forget about it. There is a clip of them playing 'You Really Got Me' from this dvd. It's, uh, different?!?

I can't get the video to imbed here, so you'll have to go watch it on Blabbermouth...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168475

Alex always looks miserable these days.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Thought this was really cool.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for that Ken

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am

Very cool
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Saw this on YouTube, thought it was pretty bad-ass.

Never knew they played solo Hagar tunes when he was in Halen.

And seriously, that's easily one of the best rock riffs ever recorded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 am

On the 5150 tour they played that song, I Can't Drive 55 and closed the show with Led Zep's Rock & Roll.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:11 am

Eyesore wrote:

Wow, that means I have a C.D that you don't have. lol! This song is on their double live album Van Halen Live: Right Here, Right Now.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Wow, that means I have a C.D that you don't have. lol! This song is on their double live album Van Halen Live: Right Here, Right Now.
Van Halen were victims of The Great Air Force Sell-Off. I used to have all their albums, but sold them for dorm-room space. Now I only have like three.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Van Halen were victims of The Great Air Force Sell-Off. I used to have all their albums, but sold them for dorm-room space. Now I only have like three.

You need to grab the rest of DLR era of their career.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh, I know. I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:59 pm

manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

What did you think about the Warner Brothers remasters? I have all of them and Madonna's first three albums by Warner Brothers, since they received the same treatment. I know that you've said your also a Madonna fan Manny. Any thoughts on those as well?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Do you have the Warner Brothers remasters?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:03 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

What did you think about the Warner Brothers remasters? I have all of them and Madonna's first three albums by Warner Brothers, since they received the same treatment. I know that you've said your also a Madonna fan Manny. Any thoughts on those as well?

I thought they did an excellent job on them, but I am not sure if this is the right word or not, but it sounded it bit compressed, it that makes sense, to my ears, the original albums had more organic and warmer sound, I am not sure if that makes sense.

For the Madonna albums the remastering worked better then the Van Halen albums IMO, maybe because the VH albums were recorded more or less live in the studio, I am not an engineer so I am not sure if my description is making much sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
Page 7 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next