Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth

Go down 
+61
Orion Crystal Ice
ZetaReticuli
journeyman
BillRoxx
Speedmetalfreak
criss3o
akeldama
lynch
arttieTHE1manparty
Dellocatus
DevZor
Vexer6
ultmetal
stpatrik
JaguarBlaze
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Nico
Shiney
Wayne
sheets
Joe
EmoElmo
Addy
iamrockerfun
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
chewie
snooloui
TheDoctor'sScarf
adrian
krokus
DeathCult
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Ben Grimm
mlotek
jstate
XYZ
MEGATRON
JBall_Z
Andy
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
James B.
exact33
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
manny
Shawn Of Fire
tohostudios
Alex Dee Rokket
Troublezone
Eyesore
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
It's a crappy cover any way you look at it.

It is indeed kinda weak...but most VH artwork was never that great.
True. So they're just keepin' it real, yo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 pm

I really like the cover art.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

The cover art sucks.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:43 pm

I don't know, kind of a dumb cover but at a glance I think it looks kind of cool
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Ill give it a chance. I kinda like a cover art.

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:12 pm

I like the artwork.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Artwork is fine - I don't think it sucks
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:41 pm

If it had this logo......

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq9AhUYmIEZiyzPazmCe9wObqbi4OWmI6FtT3kXn8o61W_ENt2

The cover would really suck Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:57 pm

James B. wrote:

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq9AhUYmIEZiyzPazmCe9wObqbi4OWmI6FtT3kXn8o61W_ENt2

But that's the logo for a band called Van Hager!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:

But that's the logo for a band called Van Hager!

my point exactly.....that logo and band wasn't my cup-o-tea

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:41 pm

MEGATRON wrote:
I really like the cover art.

Me too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:45 am

Troublezone wrote:
Anyone have a idea of what the tickets will cost?

Tickets for the Philly show are:

$149.50, $79.50, $49.50

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

$149.50, $79.50, $49.50

Those look like Rolling Stones or Eagles prices, when they go into their annual semi-retirement, only to reemerge. Do you know if the $49.50 seats include binoculars for those last 10 rows?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:00 am

They don't "include" binoculars, but the arena will gladly rent you a pair for another $15 bucks. And only $8 for cotton swabs for any nose-bleeds that you may incur. Wink

Honestly, I thought prices would be even higher. Promoters have no shame.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They don't "include" binoculars, but the arena will gladly rent you a pair for another $15 bucks. And only $8 for cotton swabs for any nose-bleeds that you may incur. Wink

To be honest, so did I. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if the top two ticket prices accounted for at least 75% of the venue.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:26 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

To be honest, so did I. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if the top two ticket prices accounted for at least 75% of the venue.

Oh yea. The $150 is floor, club box and suites. $80 lower level side views and $50 nose-bleeds. And that doesn't account for VIP packages that are probably available as well.

Add $20 to park, a coupla $10 beers and a $50 t-shirt and you're all set for a night out with the missus. The mortgage won't get paid that month, but it's worth it to see Diamond Dave, Eddie, Alex and Chaz Bono for one last go round. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 am

Quote :
Diamond Dave, Eddie, Alex and Chaz Bono

Laughing very hard Dammit, MG, I almost shot coffee out my nose!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

$149.50, $79.50, $49.50

Same as the DC show, plus ticketbastard fees between 10 and 20 bucks!!!!!!! I did get a pre-sale pass code and all that is left are 400 level seats and not even good 400 level seats - the obstructed view ones at the side of the stage!!!!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Oh yea. The $150 is floor, club box and suites. $80 lower level side views and $50 nose-bleeds. And that doesn't account for VIP packages that are probably available as well.

Add $20 to park, a coupla $10 beers and a $50 t-shirt and you're all set for a night out with the missus. The mortgage won't get paid that month, but it's worth it to see Diamond Dave, Eddie, Alex and Chaz Bono for one last go round. Razz

Sounds like a car pool event with buddies to cut down on the first cost. Then you hit a bar before the show so one doesn't have to deal with what can only be considered abusive prices at the venue, which enables one to cut costs on the second problem. Regarding the mortgage, I guess the banks will just have to well damn understand that Van Halen is back on the map and that Dave, Eddie, Alex and Chaz Bono need what was originally going to be the banks/mortgage bast@ards money to now funnel into their accounts.! I never put two and two together, but Wolfie and Chaz bare a striking resemblance. A few more downed pizzas with a lot of aggression and Wolfie is there!

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 am

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

$149.50, $79.50, $49.50

Same as the DC show, plus ticketbastard fees between 10 and 20 bucks!!!!!!! I did get a pre-sale pass code and all that is left are 400 level seats and not even good 400 level seats - the obstructed view ones at the side of the stage!!!!!

Well, just seek out the alternative/grunge rock firm of Vedder & whomever, so they might be able to assist you with that Ticketbastard company. Though you will most likely find yourself at a venue that is the size of a broom closet, but at least you will be close enough to smell Eddie's rotting teeth and gums (according to Sammy).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Diamond Dave, Eddie, Alex and Chaz Bono

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 201269 Dammit, MG, I almost shot coffee out my nose!!

Sorry Wolfie. You got a pass the first time 'round cause you were a kid. You're an adult now. Put down the Twinkies and Strawberry Quik and start jogging behind the tour bus.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 am

I'd probably spring for the $80 tix for me and my son...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'd probably spring for the $80 tix for me and my son...

Surprisingly, my wife expressed interest when I told her they were coming to town. Not after I told her the price of tickets though. I'll still stick around for the show. It's more cost-effective that way. I can bring in my own beers too.drunken

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 242bmlj

I was on Flickr a few nights ago looking up some 1940s stuff and came across this. According to the uploader, it's a well known photograph. I'm guessing that's only among locomotive aficionados though. Razz

I like the cover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
Page 6 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next