Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?

Go down 
+41
SpectreFate
Dark Horseman
stormspell
Alex Dee Rokket
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
80s Metal Lady
Wayne
Eyesore
Cliffy
Psychotron
Sole Survivor
Thrasher73
stpatrik
Gryphon-kl
metalken
nevermore
BearOnUnicycle
Andy
snooloui
Leatherface
MoonChild
jettafiend
exact33
James B.
DeathCult
DallasBlack
stepcousin
EmoElmo
arachnoplasma
adrian
Spiner202
mc666
Lari
thejokeriv
manny
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which "Keeper of the Seven Keys" album do you prefer?
Part One (1987)
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Vote_lcap55%Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 28 ]
Part Two (1988)
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Vote_lcap45%Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 am

MoonChild wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
It's a tie right now!! Come on people, we're supposed to settle this. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

...... and let that be Part II headbanger

you got that right!!!! down with Part 1!!!

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 am

I am not saying Part I is bad, but that Part II is better Wink
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:57 pm

MoonChild wrote:
I am not saying Part I is bad, but that Part II is better Wink

i know - I was just trying to goad FF.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Here's one more thing to notice:

Part One 37:04
Part Two 54:50

Part Two is over 17 minutes longer. That's equal quality music, just more of it! Clearly this makes it the superior album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Lari wrote:

Part Two is over 17 minutes longer. That's equal quality music, just more of it! Clearly this makes it the superior album.

yeah!! Take that FF!!!

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
Lari wrote:

yeah!! Take that FF!!!

LP Length vs CD Length, since CD's were the primary format by the time Part 2 came out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Quote :

What does it clock in at if you cut out the annoying songs ("Rise & Fall," "Dr. Stein" and "Keeper of the Seven Keys") and leave the good stuff? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Part 1 is better than part 2, but part 3 is better than both of them.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:48 am

Lari wrote:

But the good part of Pt. II is even shorter (minus "Keeper" it is already 40 mins). Razz

Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:17 am

After reading this thread I went back and listened to them both last night. Haven't listened to them in a while actually as if I'm in a helloween mood unusually go for one of the recent albums. 7 sinners and gambling with the devil are absolutely cracking albums. I've been a fan right through what I call the deris resurrection of the band.

Back to topic, both keeper albums are stone cold, 24 carat solid gold classics. Love em both but part 1 gets my vote as to me it has a more consistent feel, consistent in that I never skip a single track and love them all. Despite part 2 having I want out which is one of my fave helloween songs it has a couple of tracks I could easily skip.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:56 am

Eyesore wrote:

Part 3? Really?

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Screwy_squirrel_face_by_makinita-d38qmzj "I like him. He's silly."

:Wayne wrote:
part 1 gets my vote as to me it has a more consistent feel, consistent in that I never skip a single track and love them all. Despite part 2 having I want out which is one of my fave helloween songs it has a couple of tracks I could easily skip.

This here is kinda sorta what I've been sayin' all along, but much more concise.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Part 3? Really?
I didn't begin listening to Helloween until the mid-90s or so. I don't hold those early Helloween in such high regard. The Deris era, in my opinion, blows the Kiske era away. No contest.

I love the Keeper 1 and 2, but yeah, I think The Legacy is a far better album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Part 3? Really?
I didn't begin listening to Helloween until the mid-90s or so. I don't hold those early Helloween in such high regard. The Deris era, in my opinion, blows the Kiske era away. No contest.

I can agree (conditionally) with your opinion on the Deris era. I've been listening to them since the '80s but nowadays I probably listen to BETTER THAN RAW or THE DARK RIDE more often than the older albums when I'm in a Helloween mood.

KEEPER 3 just didn't do much for me though. It just seemed unnecessary, especially since it was nearly 20 years after the first two. It didn't need to be strung out over 2 CDs either. There's some good stuff on KEEPER 3 but they could've easily boiled it down to a single disc.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Well, The Legacy was clearly an attempt to cash in on the popularity of the first two. That was unnecessary. However, this is no Operation: Mindcrime II, you know. It's not half-assed and weak.

As for it being a double album, I'd find it difficult to actually pick even one song not worthy of being on there. I mean, to make it one disc you'd have to get rid of like four or five songs unless you took off "King for 1,000 Years" or "Occasion Avenue," and that would be absurd because both those songs are FAN-FOOKIN-TASTIC!

Eh. Either way, these cats rule. I can even dig on Chameleon and Pink Bubbles from time to time, when the mood is right. Have the put out a truly bad album besides those two relative stinkers? Am I sending this train (topic) off the rails?

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I probably listen to BETTER THAN RAW or THE DARK RIDE more often than the older albums when I'm in a Helloween mood.
aside from Walls of Jericho, those 2 plus Rabbit Don't Come Easy (dumb name) are the best Helloween albums imo.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Quote :
Have the put out a truly bad album besides those two relative stinkers?

I'd say that UNARMED thing qualifies.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I liked that one. Laughing Definitely not a go-to album, but I think they pulled it off well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I liked that one. Laughing Definitely not a go-to album, but I think they pulled it off well.

You have a cast iron stomach. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Part 3? Really?

I can agree (conditionally) with your opinion on the Deris era. I've been listening to them since the '80s but nowadays I probably listen to BETTER THAN RAW or THE DARK RIDE more often than the older albums when I'm in a Helloween mood.

KEEPER 3 just didn't do much for me though. It just seemed unnecessary, especially since it was nearly 20 years after the first two. It didn't need to be strung out over 2 CDs either. There's some good stuff on KEEPER 3 but they could've easily boiled it down to a single disc.

Helloween Fan boy here.... I believe that whole album does fit on 1 disc they just divided it onto 2 discs.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

You have a cast iron stomach. Very Happy

no - he just has good taste Smile

I think Unarmed is a good listen - but just not all the time.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:07 pm

I think "Legacy" is the worst of the Deris-era albums.

1. Gambling with the Devil
2. Better than Raw
3. Rabbit Don't Come Easy
4. 7 Sinners
5. The Dark Ride
6. The Time of the Oath
7. Master of the Rings
8. The Legacy

...or something like that.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Lari wrote:

2. Better than Raw
4. 7 Sinners
5. The Dark Ride
6. The Time of the Oath
7. Master of the Rings
8. The Legacy

Rabbit has my vote for the worse of Deris.

2. The Dark Ride
3. Master of the Rings
4. 7 Sinners
5. The Time of the Oath
6. The Legacy
7. Better than Raw
8. Rabbit Don't Come Easy

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:46 pm

exact33 wrote:
Lari wrote:

2. Better than Raw
4. 7 Sinners
5. The Dark Ride
6. The Time of the Oath
7. Master of the Rings
8. The Legacy

2. The Dark Ride
3. Master of the Rings
4. 7 Sinners
5. The Time of the Oath
6. The Legacy
7. Better than Raw
What the hell? Better Than Raw second from bottom? Wow.

But see, I think is a sign of a great band. When opinions are so drastic in contrast, that typically means a band is great. Same goes for an album. When people generally have different favorites songs, it's probably a great album.

Anyway, Alex, you're almost right. I was thinking the album was 102 minutes, but I read it wrong. It's 1 hour, 2 minutes. So like 80+. So you could probably remove one or two songs and get it on one disc.

But what song(s)? I couldn't pick one. Maybe "Born on Judgment Day," if I had to pick?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Lari wrote:

2. Better than Raw
4. 7 Sinners
5. The Dark Ride
6. The Time of the Oath
7. Master of the Rings
8. The Legacy

2. The Dark Ride
3. Master of the Rings
4. 7 Sinners
5. The Time of the Oath
6. The Legacy
7. Better than Raw
What the hell? Better Than Raw second from bottom? Wow.

But see, I think is a sign of a great band. When opinions are so drastic in contrast, that typically means a band is great. Same goes for an album. When people generally have different favorites songs, it's probably a great album.

Anyway, Alex, you're almost right. I was thinking the album was 102 minutes, but I read it wrong. It's 1 hour, 2 minutes. So like 80+. So you could probably remove one or two songs and get it on one disc.

But what song(s)? I couldn't pick one. Maybe "Born on Judgment Day," if I had to pick?

I enjoy the Deris materal a lot. I dont think he has any clunkers during his period but I dont enjoy BTR as much as I do the others.

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:14 pm

"The Legacy" is definitely the worst, those ultra-long epic songs seemed pointless at times, worst of all, it was a double disc, a boring double disc, I could listen to any Pink Cream 69 album from start to finish, but not with "Legacy", it's like watching a paint dry

"Rabbit" has moments, but I wouldn't classify it as their second worst either

Last edited by EmoElmo on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next