Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?

Go down 
+41
SpectreFate
Dark Horseman
stormspell
Alex Dee Rokket
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
80s Metal Lady
Wayne
Eyesore
Cliffy
Psychotron
Sole Survivor
Thrasher73
stpatrik
Gryphon-kl
metalken
nevermore
BearOnUnicycle
Andy
snooloui
Leatherface
MoonChild
jettafiend
exact33
James B.
DeathCult
DallasBlack
stepcousin
EmoElmo
arachnoplasma
adrian
Spiner202
mc666
Lari
thejokeriv
manny
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which "Keeper of the Seven Keys" album do you prefer?
Part One (1987)
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Vote_lcap55%Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Vote_rcap
 55% [ 28 ]
Part Two (1988)
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Vote_lcap45%Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Vote_rcap
 45% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Empty
PostSubject: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:47 pm

There's been some discussion in the "Power Metal Recommendations" thread about Helloween's first two "Keeper of the Seven Keys" discs so I figured I'd throw this question out there to the masses. Which "Keeper" is better, Part One or Part Two?

I have always preferred Part One and was actually puzzled to see that so many people seem to dig Part Two more. If I may quote myself from the other thread...

Quote :
I dunno, I always preferred "1'." The big "epic" closer of "2" ("Keeper of the Seven Keys") pales in comparison to the similar "Halloween" on the first disc, and "2' has a couple of goofy songs on it that drag it down further, i.e. "Dr. Stein" (I can't stand the chorus in that song!) and "Rise and Fall" (which is one of the most irritating songs in the Helloween catalog, bar none!)

But as Dennis Miller sez "Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong..."

So let's settle this. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!! Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? 395375

...and before anyone asks, I didn't bother to list the third "Keeper" (KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY) album in the poll, cuz it doesn't even rank, as far as I'm concerned...

Release the hounds!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:49 pm

1 all the way!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:52 pm

You forgot the "both" option!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:52 pm

kmorg wrote:
You forgot the "both" option!

*Ahem* I done did said: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!! Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? 395375

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:57 pm

I say Part 1. Even though Eagle Fly Free is one of my faves I think part 1 sounds better and is pretty consistant.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:03 pm

I voted for Part I
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Personally I like 2 better and voted for 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Part Two, though I haven't heard either album since the early 90's.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:57 pm

A quick look at the track lists... and it's got to be pt. 2.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Part II, although i'd take Walls of Jericho or any of the Deris albums over either anyday.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
There's been some discussion in the "Power Metal Recommendations" thread about Helloween's first two "Keeper of the Seven Keys" discs so I figured I'd throw this question out there to the masses. Which "Keeper" is better, Part One or Part Two?

I have always preferred Part One and was actually puzzled to see that so many people seem to dig Part Two more. If I may quote myself from the other thread...

Quote :
I dunno, I always preferred "1'." The big "epic" closer of "2" ("Keeper of the Seven Keys") pales in comparison to the similar "Halloween" on the first disc, and "2' has a couple of goofy songs on it that drag it down further, i.e. "Dr. Stein" (I can't stand the chorus in that song!) and "Rise and Fall" (which is one of the most irritating songs in the Helloween catalog, bar none!)

But as Dennis Miller sez "Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong..."

So let's settle this. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!! Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? 395375

...and before anyone asks, I didn't bother to list the third "Keeper" (KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY) album in the poll, cuz it doesn't even rank, as far as I'm concerned...

Release the hounds!

Just wait until the next season of That Metal Show..... the 3 douches from Jersey read this board and they will steal your idea (much like another famous Jersey character, Tony S.) and it will be on the throwdown.....
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm split. I think the highest quality songs are probably on Part II, but Part I is more consistent overall. And Part I has the better epic song. I also owned Part I for a long time before I got around to buying Part II.

I guess I'll vote for Part II because it's newer to me, but they are both godly!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:37 pm

mc666 wrote:
Part II, although i'd take Walls of Jericho or any of the Deris albums over either anyday.

Wow. Surprised you like the Deris material so much.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:28 pm

I never became a huge fan of Helloween because the "goofiness factor" was just a little too much for me to take...and the vocalist got on my nerves as well.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm relatively new to Helloween (since early this year) and actually the only album I own is Part two. Have been looking out for Walls of Jericho since I heard that one is their best, but the only album I ever find anywhere is Keeper Part Two!

Anyways, I won't vote since it wouldn't be fair only having heard one
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Part II. Though I usually skip "Rise and Fall" and switch it off before the title track, and I prefer the live version of "We Got the Right" from the Live in the UK album.

Part I is also excellent, though.

So far the votes are neck and neck!
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Those who hate 'Happy Metal' definitely prefer pt. 1

Both albums are good,But the song structuring is a lot more polished in pt 2, or, probably I just grew up listening to pt 2 a lot (my seven-track casette tape is still alive) , hence the sentimental pick

It's like asking, what would you prefer, espresso or black coffee?
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:27 pm

I love em both. That being said, I always thought that Keeper PT.2 seemed just slightly contrived. With Keeper PT.1, the band seems fresh and invigorated with their newer sound and the addition of Michael Kiske, which started out strong but in just a couple years ran it's course. But Keeper PT.2 is legendary and just seems to get better with time, I just prefer PT.1 slightly more.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Pt. 2. It was my first and the songs are just more memorable. I even like the often hated Rise & Fall.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Part Two. As albums, they're actually pretty evenly matched, but II is more infectious. It also has my favorite song of the two albums on it, "I Want Out".
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:41 pm

It is more likely that you'll vote for whichever you acquired first, Ha!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:53 pm

I had Part II first (cassette), but dig Part I more !

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 pm

I went with Part 2 after all, how can you argue with such weenie classics as:

"Eagle Fly Free"
"Dr. Stein"
"March of Time"
"I Want Out"
"Keeper of the Seven Keys"

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:37 pm

The Only filler that I can think of (off pt 2) is "Save Us", which isn't even originally included on its first release

When I listen to the title track, it feels like a 3-minute song rather than a 13 minute one, you know a song is good when the listening experience feels 'shorter' than what's indicated
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 pm

DAMMIT people! Part 2 isn't supposed to be WINNING!! Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? 69126

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next