Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Black Keys

Go down 
+5
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Thrasher73
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:59 am

Anyone else here heard of these guys?They got a definite Zeppelin vibe going,pretty good stuff.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:09 am

I only heard of them this year thanks to this hipster chick at work, I actually like the one album I heard, can't remember the name of the album but I do remember the cobver 'This is a Black Keys Record...' has a bluesy feel almost retro sound to some of the songs. I will be exploring this guy's music further since I am not familiar with most of their music
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:50 am

I used to have Rubber Factory...good Blues band...it was like a blend of Garage Rock and Blues Rock...no bass player...I don't know why but I was enamoured with that album when it was new...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:00 am

Hmmmm, I dismissed these guys as just some other hipster indie rock band. A former co-worker was into them and her tastes were of the indie/alternative type that I can't take much of.

But judging from some of these comments (Zep, retro, blues, garage rock), I might have to investigate a little further.

Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed by that song posted, but it's just one song.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Rock music really needs bass. This just sounds flat.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:14 pm

My cousin likes them. I remember she played some one of their albums when I was visiting, but don't remember anything about them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:09 pm

No bass, what? I feel faint. fainting
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:46 am

No bass, pfft.........on this song the bass and drums lock into a groove like a water buffalo strutting across the African plain! The best R&B driven R&R combo of this century........

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:03 am

what RP said....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 9:48 am

Anymore fans of The Black Keys 'round here? If I were to look for some album recommendations for a newbie, where would be a good place to start? There coming to my arena in September and wondering if it's worth my time to stick around and watch the show.

The Black Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Keys   The Black Keys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Keys
Page 1 of 1