Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?

Go down 
+41
SpectreFate
Dark Horseman
stormspell
Alex Dee Rokket
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
80s Metal Lady
Wayne
Eyesore
Cliffy
Psychotron
Sole Survivor
Thrasher73
stpatrik
Gryphon-kl
metalken
nevermore
BearOnUnicycle
Andy
snooloui
Leatherface
MoonChild
jettafiend
exact33
James B.
DeathCult
DallasBlack
stepcousin
EmoElmo
arachnoplasma
adrian
Spiner202
mc666
Lari
thejokeriv
manny
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Which "Keeper of the Seven Keys" album do you prefer?
Part One (1987)
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Vote_lcap55%Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 28 ]
Part Two (1988)
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Vote_lcap45%Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Jesus Christ, brother, it's because I like to. I don't claim to have more knowledge than anyone else here. I've come here to learn more about the music I love; that's what got me into Scott's site. I'm also younger than you. I came onto the scene much later than you did, so I'll admit I probably don't know as much, but why should that matter? Also, no one is backing you up on these claims you're making about me. I've found a unique group of friendly people that respect my opinion and may disagree with me in a controlled and non-condescending tone. I'm not finding that in you, as you've been nitpicking virtually every post I've made since I joined without even welcoming me to the boards.

I have no metal community to speak of where I come from, most of my friends really don't dig rock and metal like I do, and it's the one thing that kept me alive in my teens and has been my highest source of inspiration in this life I love. So, please, either let's be friends, or just leave me alone; either way I want to enjoy being a part of this community without being criticized for posting my opinion.
Fair enough. My apologies.

For the record, I wasn't trying to nitpick. And I surely didn't do it to everything you posted. You just have strong opinions and every time I saw you backtrack or admit that you hadn't listened to a band in a long time after giving a very strong opinion on said band, it just didn't make sense to me.

But it's all good. Again, my apologies. Not trying to pick fights. This is a great forum and a great group of people.

Except Spectrefate and S.D. Wink
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:

For the record, I wasn't trying to nitpick. And I surely didn't do it to everything you posted. You just have strong opinions and every time I saw you backtrack or admit that you hadn't listened to a band in a long time after giving a very strong opinion on said band, it just didn't make sense to me.

But it's all good. Again, my apologies. Not trying to pick fights. This is a great forum and a great group of people.

You're bi-polar. Wink

...and I agree, I'm an ass.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 pm

On that note, I was going to say that Keepers is bi-winning! lol

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
On that note, I was going to say that Keepers is bi-winning! lol

insane

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 pm

I love this board, but I am convinced I am the least metal board member ever on this site.

The only reason I ever picked any Helloween discs is because of this board, and Phoenix's thread on Helloween's discography.

In my teens and twenties completely ignored them.

For the record, of the two Helloween albums I own, which the Keeper I and II, I prefer II.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:07 pm

manny wrote:
I love this board, but I am convinced I am the least metal board member ever on this site.

The only reason I ever picked any Helloween discs is because of this board, and Phoenix's thread on Helloween's discography.

For the record, of the two Helloween albums I own, which the Keeper I and II, I prefer II.

but at least you like the Stones headbanger

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

but at least you like the Stones :headbanger:

I wouldn't necessarily say you are the least metal board member here...

Often times I find that my age betrays me and I do not always muster the confidence to start threads or contribute with my thoughts and opinions as much as I would like for fear of starting an argument with others or saying unfounded things.

Despite having been into metal for the last decade, starting around the late 90s, there is still a lot that I need to catch up to. The experiences and knowledge of those who were there in the 1980s is unmatched by someone like me who has really just discovered this through reading about and listening to those music from that decade. The 80s continues to be the greatest decade of heavy metal, despite the advent of the internet and the multitude of bands, styles and sub-genres that came with it, it is still the originators, the classic pioneers of the heavy metal movement that capture most attention, certainly my attention.

However, you can only really know so much about it without having lived during that decade. My excitement is still new, but for most here it is yesterday's news. I find that sometimes sitting in silence and reading these threads is provides a very good guide to learning more about older bands.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:27 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You're bi-polar. Wink

I'm not bi-polar! Haha.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 pm

I like 'em both. Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 11840

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Jesus Christ, brother, it's because I like to. I don't claim to have more knowledge than anyone else here. I've come here to learn more about the music I love; that's what got me into Scott's site. I'm also younger than you. I came onto the scene much later than you did, so I'll admit I probably don't know as much, but why should that matter? Also, no one is backing you up on these claims you're making about me. I've found a unique group of friendly people that respect my opinion and may disagree with me in a controlled and non-condescending tone. I'm not finding that in you, as you've been nitpicking virtually every post I've made since I joined without even welcoming me to the boards.

I have no metal community to speak of where I come from, most of my friends really don't dig rock and metal like I do, and it's the one thing that kept me alive in my teens and has been my highest source of inspiration in this life I love. So, please, either let's be friends, or just leave me alone; either way I want to enjoy being a part of this community without being criticized for posting my opinion.

Thank you so much, eyesore, it means a lot to me. Very Happy I'll try my best to have a better backstory before going into my opinions to help. Glad we could work this out, brother headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:17 am

manny wrote:

Is that a challenge! Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 505193
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You're bi-polar. Wink

I'm not bi-polar! Haha.

Apparently, spectrefate's device autocorrected sexual to polar. Go figure.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
A quick note - I have heard Kiske being compared to Tate on several occasions. The first time I heard about this was from a music magazine, about a decade ago, where they had like a flash back to classic albums and Keepers Pt 1 along side Mindcrime were featured and the reviewer compared Kiske to a German-sounding Tate. Up until that point I had never thought of that comparison and I still don't get it. Kiske imo has quite a unique voice - I don't know how to correctly identify it, but there is a certain yelp in his voice (albeit not annoying) that mixed with his German accent creates a melodic and enjoyable tone.

If you hear Kiske's voice on more recent recordings he did with Edguy and Unisonic you'll see how his voice has improved / matured. Still sounds very good but I dare say more melodic. I think this is why I ended up liking Pink Bubbles, it is quirky and that image fits well with Kiske's strange melodic sounding voice.

I totally agree. He has a unique voice that still sounds as good as it did 30 years ago. I love the stuff he's done with Avantasia. Sure I like most of the vocalists who have worked with Tobias Sammet, but I think he is the best vocalist in terms of ability out of those who have participated in the project.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:16 pm

snooloui wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
A quick note - I have heard Kiske being compared to Tate on several occasions. The first time I heard about this was from a music magazine, about a decade ago, where they had like a flash back to classic albums and Keepers Pt 1 along side Mindcrime were featured and the reviewer compared Kiske to a German-sounding Tate. Up until that point I had never thought of that comparison and I still don't get it. Kiske imo has quite a unique voice - I don't know how to correctly identify it, but there is a certain yelp in his voice (albeit not annoying) that mixed with his German accent creates a melodic and enjoyable tone.

If you hear Kiske's voice on more recent recordings he did with Edguy and Unisonic you'll see how his voice has improved / matured. Still sounds very good but I dare say more melodic. I think this is why I ended up liking Pink Bubbles, it is quirky and that image fits well with Kiske's strange melodic sounding voice.

I totally agree. He has a unique voice that still sounds as good as it did 30 years ago. I love the stuff he's done with Avantasia. Sure I like most of the vocalists who have worked with Tobias Sammet, but I think he is the best vocalist in terms of ability out of those who have participated in the project.

ill second that. I think Kiske sounds just as good as he did back on Keepers. I like his style a lot.

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:30 pm

exact33 wrote:
snooloui wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

ill second that. I think Kiske sounds just as good as he did back on Keepers. I like his style a lot.

No way! Kiske sounds in fine form to be sure, but Rob Rock has a far superior voice IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Not sure where the Rob Rock comparison came from. Rob Rock is awesome for sure but not sure how it fits with the discussion about Kiske - they are very different sounding singers.

Do you mean the best singer out there? Not sure that either Rob Rock or Kiske would take that spot though both for me at least would be high enough on that list of some of the best singers.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am

Kiske has never sounded like Tate to my ears. His voice has definitely changed a bit over the years, but he still sounds fantastic.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:49 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Not sure where the Rob Rock comparison came from. Rob Rock is awesome for sure but not sure how it fits with the discussion about Kiske - they are very different sounding singers.

Do you mean the best singer out there? Not sure that either Rob Rock or Kiske would take that spot though both for me at least would be high enough on that list of some of the best singers.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. In reference to the Avantasia project, I think Kiske sounded great but Rob Rock sounded better.

I think that Kiske's vox make both of the Keeper albums. Listen to High Live with Deris singing the those tracks and they just don't work for me. Something sounds a little... off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?   Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part One or Two?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5