Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Durbin on American Idol

Go down 
+17
MEGATRON
thejokeriv
Jessrox
chewie
bassman
Troublezone
Joe
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
tohostudios
Eyesore
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
Wargod
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:30 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Iggy Pop as a performer

That one was really out of left field. Does the typical AI demographic have a clue as to who Iggy is?

"Oh, he's the 'Lust for Life' guy from that Carnival Cruise commercial! Cool, man!"

No they don't, because I saw the comments on Yahoo from the average AI fan. Most comments referred to him as a disgusting old man, etc...

I was actually more surprised to see Iggy on AI then I was with with Zakk. Maybe that has everything to do with age? Iggy wants the limelight just one more time, and since Steven (and Aerosmith is relevant w/the AI watcher) is a judge, then just maybe he (Iggy) can taste the nectar just one more time...

I have a feeling the only reason Iggy and Zakk have shown up on the show this year is because Steven Tyler is a judge, and they are right Iggy Pop was a disgusting young man so it should excepted he is not changing now at 63.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 am

No new release to pimp from Iggy, hell Iggy isn't even pimping any reissues at the moment, the way Steven Tyler reacted, he seemed very pleased so I have a feeling that Iggy being on the show was his doing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:34 am

Quote :
I didn't see Iggy's performance on the show, or know about it till someone at work mentioned it to me. That does seem entirely random. Was he there to pimp a new release, or did they just throw him on the show for the sheer hell of it?

More importantly, did he smear peanut butter on his chest and then stage dive on top of Jennifer Lopez? Cuz if he did, I want to see YouTube footage of that. Very Happy

Not quite, but he perfomed in his typical "no shirt" format. Granted, for 98 years old, the dude's still pretty ripped. But if I hear a promo that someone is performing on American Idol TOPLESS, Iggy's not the first person I'd tune in for.

J-Lo looked pretty disgusted/shocked with the whole performance.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 am

Yeah, I unfortunately caught Iggy's performance. Gross. I needed a shower after that. By the way, FF, I completely understood everything you just wrote. I deal with people that talk like that on an everyday basis. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
a butchered version of a Nirvana song

...and amazingly, even after that performance, that guy (I forget his name, my wife and I just call him "Beard Guy") is still on the show. I thought sure as sh*t he would've gotten the boot after that debacle.
That was a bad performance, but that dude has kicked ass every other time. I didn't watch last night's episode yet, so maybe he sucked last night, I don't know. Dude rocks, though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
a butchered version of a Nirvana song

...and amazingly, even after that performance, that guy (I forget his name, my wife and I just call him "Beard Guy") is still on the show. I thought sure as sh*t he would've gotten the boot after that debacle.
That was a bad performance, but that dude has kicked ass every other time. I didn't watch last night's episode yet, so maybe he sucked last night, I don't know. Dude rocks, though.

I have to agree with Eyesore, the bearded guy is talented, last night's perfomance of Nat King Cole was another stand out performance, and I have to say I enjoyed the kid who did the Hagar tune, and I was blown away when Zakk Wylde stepped out on stage with him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:48 pm

I honestly don't know if Beard Guy is truly talented or not, his only performance I've seen was his Nirvana cover, and that was godawful.

My wife is the regular A.I. viewer in our house, and he "irritates" her so she just wants him gone. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:01 pm

I never watch AI but at least Hard Rock is being represented on the show for once.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 pm

In Randy's defense, he did totally tear it up on the bass when he did "Shining Star" with Stryper. That bass line is awesome!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:30 pm

bassman wrote:
In Randy's defense, he did totally tear it up on the bass when he did "Shining Star" with Stryper. That bass line is awesome!

Looking at the wide and varied list of artists with which he's connected, I have no doubt the guy knows his way around the bass.

Dawg.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
bassman wrote:

Looking at the wide and varied list of artists with which he's connected, I have no doubt the guy knows his way around the bass.

Dawg.

He did some excellent bass work in Jean-Luc Ponty's and Tom Coster's bands! I knew of him from being a Fusion bassist before he was on AI.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:04 am

Randy has stepped up his judging this year. Mad props to him dawg!! As far as Casey on AI he is def talented but I didnt get that NKC performance at all. I was super bored.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Well Casey got booted off this time around now down to 5. I think James Durbin is the strongest contender left.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Well Casey got booted off this time around now down to 5. I think James Durbin is the strongest contender left.

Wargod52
Casey is awesome, but he's way too weird for mainstream pop.

And I never thought Durbin could win it in the beginning, but I've changed my mind. He's easily the best out of the group. Casey was probably the most talented, though.
Back to top Go down
Jessrox
Metal novice
Metal novice
Jessrox

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:31 pm

James all the way. If he don't win some thing is wrong. Weird beards last performance was horrible imo. I like Hailey Rhienhart a lot she has a very soulfull rock and roll janis Joplin kim Carnes type of voice, And to top it off she is a good performer and smoking hot!
Back to top Go down
Jessrox
Metal novice
Metal novice
Jessrox

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Hopefully James will get back on track tonight with a serious metal number.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Jessrox wrote:
Hopefully James will get back on track tonight with a serious metal number.

Well did you see his intro since he was first up? He wore a jacket and on the back it said "Give Metal A Chance" I loved it. I Know alot here could care less for idol and I did for the most part I somehow started watching this and got hooked.

I love the fact that James is trying to promote metal alot and is succeding I think. I'd love to see him win it all.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Jessrox
Metal novice
Metal novice
Jessrox

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:00 pm

James is good for Metal. He is letting the world know that There is emotion and talent involved in metal and not just satan and rebellion and sex drugs and alchohol.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:30 am

So much for "Give Metal A Chance"... James got booted from the show last night.

Of the leftovers, my wife is rooting for the country guy, whatever his name is.

I'm rootin' for the blonde country-singing chick (Alana, I think her name is) just because she's kinda hot.

Yes, I'm shallow.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:45 am

Jessrox wrote:
James is good for Metal. He is letting the world know that There is emotion and talent involved in metal and not just satan and rebellion and sex drugs and alchohol.

I like Satan, sex, drugs, beer and rebellion!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Still haven't watched Idol, but just read this online about what Durbin wants his debut release to sound like:

What might your record sound like?

It definitely has to have a real throwback feel. Holy Diver is probably my favorite album, or Neon Nights by Black Sabbath with Dio. Definitely all Marshalls and Les Pauls. My guitarist is a total shredder, and he's amazing. It's going to be awesome. We're going to force it on the airwaves, definitely.

We feel strongly about our music and strongly that it seems like it's dying out. That just can't happen. It was taken off the list for Grammys, and we've got to find some way to get it back out there.

I'm definitely really excited to collaborate with people and work with different songwriters and musicians.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:31 pm

I like the kid, more power to him
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39504

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
We're going to force it on the airwaves, definitely.

Laughing very hard Good luck with that !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Metal's Chosen Savior...

James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 James_durbin

Good luck, kid.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal's Chosen Savior...

James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 James_durbin

Good luck, kid.

Laughing very hard

I like the way he thinks - Holy Diver meets Neon Nights. IF (and a big IF) he releases a debut that sounds that that, I would pick it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Durbin on American Idol
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next