Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24

Go down 
+8
metalinmyveins
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
tohostudios
EmoElmo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Empty
PostSubject: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:57 am

Just sharing, I love watching 'The Voice' and 'AI', it breaks my monotonous musical habit

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170157

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:36 am

Yeah, I saw that. Who'd a thunk it?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:42 am

I did not watch American Idol, unless my girls have taken over the television in the living room, did Flotsam and Jetsam get mentioned in the program, cannot click on Blabbermouth link from work, so I just wondered
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 am

Not only did they get mentioned but "Dad" was there to congratulate his son. Apparently they'd been estranged before this.

Quote :
During tonight's (Wednesday, February 22) episode of the Fox singing competition "American Idol", it was revealed that contestant Creighton Fraker is the biological son of FLOTSAM AND JETSAM singer Eric "A.K." Knutson.

Fraker has resided in Astoria, New York for the past eight years, although he grew up in South Dakota as the adopted son of a preacher.

In an interview that aired on "American idol", Fraker said, "I was adopted when I was just a little baby and I grew up as a preacher's kid, singing church music. And then, I always had this rock and roll thing going on in me and it was kind of out of nowhere. Come to find out my birth father, who I never even knew until I was, like, 25 years old, was the lead singer of this big heavy metal band from the '80s called FLOTSAM AND JETSAM. I meet my dad and I'm like 'Oh, I get it, Fine. OK, It makes sense now.'"

Fraker went on to say that Knutson is "the person who really inspired me to audition for this," adding that, "He's a person whose opinion I can respect, so if he says I should be doing this, I guess, OK, I'm gonna do it."

After Fraker made the final 24, his birth dad said, "I've always hoped I would have a part in his life. I just can't wait for the rest of [his] career to start right now."
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 am

I think that is cool his 'birth' dad was there and not to be come off like a jerk, but some of thanks and praise I hope where thrown to his adoptive parents way, who raised and cared for him as a kid. I take my hats off to people who adopt children, very special people who add alot of much needed kindness and goodness on this Earth.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39629

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:28 am

Pretty cool story. Now if we could hear Doomsday For The Deceiver on American Idol that would make the story perfect ! (Yeah Right !)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Son & father...

Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Flotsamson

Eric looks crooked.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Neat-O. Wonder if Sonny Boy can pull off the same high notes as his Dad. Let's see him sing "No Place For Disgrace" on American Idol. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Quote :
but some of thanks and praise I hope where thrown to his adoptive parents way, who raised and cared for him as a kid. I take my hats off to people who adopt children, very special people who add alot of much needed kindness and goodness on this Earth.

I totally agree. Working with trouble teens I hear so much from kids who think if they could get in touch with their birth parents they'd be fine. I feel for adoptive parents.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :
but some of thanks and praise I hope where thrown to his adoptive parents way, who raised and cared for him as a kid. I take my hats off to people who adopt children, very special people who add alot of much needed kindness and goodness on this Earth.

I totally agree. Working with trouble teens I hear so much from kids who think if they could get in touch with their birth parents they'd be fine. I feel for adoptive parents.

Yeah, but this person is an adult. If adoptive parents are so concerned with this scenario one day, then they should go the route of "Closed adoptions", otherwise they really shouldn't be all that surprised if the child they raised seeks out their birth parents. Just because someone seeks out their birth parents, it's not an indictment on how he/she were raised.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:52 am

Pretty cool, and Flotsam and Jetsam getting any mention is a wonderful thing
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:55 am

The Father looks Gary Busey-ed, too much crack?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:32 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
The Father looks Gary Busey-ed, too much crack?

Speaking of Gary Busey... Did you hear about that band on tour with Testament? They're called (Gary Busey Amber Alert).

http://www.myspace.com/garybuseyamberalert
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 am

Anyone know if this ass-clown is still on American Idol or did he get the boot?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 am

No clue, MG...

But seeing this photo again makes me think it would be a great pick for one of our random "Caption This Photo" contests...

Emotional Father & Son Reunion... or photo from the set of "Bill & Ted III?"

"Dude...strange things are afoot at the Circle-K...again."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:08 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
No clue, MG...

But seeing this photo again makes me think it would be a great pick for one of our random "Caption This Photo" contests...

Emotional Father & Son Reunion... or photo from the set of "Bill & Ted III?"

"Dude...strange things are afoot at the Circle-K...again."

Laughing very hard

In other news, they really are trying to make Bill & Ted III.... seriously......
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:57 pm

He got the boot. I don't watch but people at work do and it was like a week or 2 after this story he was gone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24   Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam & Jetsam frontman's son makes it to American Idol top 24
Page 1 of 1