Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Durbin on American Idol

Go down 
+17
MEGATRON
thejokeriv
Jessrox
chewie
bassman
Troublezone
Joe
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
tohostudios
Eyesore
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
Wargod
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

James Durbin on American Idol Empty
PostSubject: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:25 am

Well I know alot here don't care for American Idol all the much and I was one. But this year somehow I decided to watch it. Well I've not missed a show, while some of the performance are average I'd say there is alot of individual talent.

One of my favs has to be James Durbin. He brings a raw heavy sound and vibe to Idol that in the past 9 years there was none. James is a hard rock/heavy metal guy and tonights performance although vocally not his strongest to me it was his best overall performance.

He sang Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar and what was surprising that performance was highlighted by Zakk Wylde playing guitar for the song. I thought hell yeah, James in the end said it was time for heavy metal to be brought into Idol, hell yeah.

I thought it was the best performance of the 8 for the night, he may not be the overall champ in the end but I thought it was great to see James promoting heavy metal.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:42 am

For some reason it won't post on my original topic so I replied it here with only the URL.

https://youtu.be/YhHcZ3vzZTg

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:45 am

Yeah, I read some response on Yahoo tonight about his performance, so then I decided to check it out on Youtube. I always get a kick out of people who are totally out of the loop, like that of Randy Jackson, who still thinks that Zakk is playing with Ozzy. I'm sure Sharon will be suing someone by early tomorrow morning.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:46 am

Im sure Randy knows he isn't with Ozzy. Im a die hard Idol fan and Im all for Lauren and Scotty this year. Durbin has his moments but he is just way too inconsistent and has serious tone issues.

This performance was amazing and Zakk stole the show hahahah
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:51 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Im sure Randy knows he isn't with Ozzy. Im a die hard Idol fan and Im all for Lauren and Scotty this year. Durbin has his moments but he is just way too inconsistent and has serious tone issues.

Serious tone issues? lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:39 am

Zakk definitely stole the show.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:43 am

Not to peepee on anyone's parade, but that dude is screaming, not singing. American Idol is about how well you can sing, not scream. AI is the wrong forum for that stuff.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

"Zakk Wylde, who plays with the great Ozzy".

Unless Randy doesn't know how to use his verb tenses in life (plays vs played), then that would suggest that he doesn't realize that Zakk is no longer w/Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

Unless Randy doesn't know how to use his verb tenses in life (plays vs played), then that would suggest that he doesn't realize that Zakk is no longer w/Ozzy.

Remember, you're talking about Randy Jackson, whose on-screen vocabulary consists mostly of things like "Yo, yo, yo," "Dude, check it out, a'ight" and endless variations on "Dawg."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Remember, you're talking about Randy Jackson, whose on-screen vocabulary consists mostly of things like "Yo, yo, yo," "Dude, check it out, a'ight" and endless variations on "Dawg."

And he toured with Journey. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

...all the while still clinging to the fame of having played on ONE Journey album, and ONE tour. Ross Valory (not too mention Steve Smith ) were totally treated like garbage on the "Raised on Radio" sessions.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:41 am

Quote :
all the while still clinging to the fame of having played on ONE Journey album

...and guesting on Stryper's cover of "Shining Star" on the AGAINST THE LAW album. Fo'realz, dawg. Check the liner notes in that CD, yo. He's up in that piece.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 am

I just looked up Randy's session musician credits and he's played with everyone from Blue Oyster Cult to Charlie Daniels.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 am

tohostudios wrote:
I just looked up Randy's session musician credits and he's played with everyone from Blue Oyster Cult to Charlie Daniels.

Word? Daaaaaamn dawg. He's a'ight.

...somebody stop me, I could do that all day.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:50 am

Oh Zakk, what happened, man? You're better than this. Crying or Very sad

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:57 am

What a weird season and shows that at least the older metal bands have become ver very mainstream, we have Steven Tyler as a judge, Iggy Pop as a performer, a Sammy Hagar and Judas Priest song performed so far this season, a butchered version of a Nirvana song, Zakk Wylde showing up on the show, next week James will do a lovely version of Venom's Welcome to Hell with special guest coach Cronos
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:59 am

Quote :
a butchered version of a Nirvana song

...and amazingly, even after that performance, that guy (I forget his name, my wife and I just call him "Beard Guy") is still on the show. I thought sure as sh*t he would've gotten the boot after that debacle.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Yeah, I never really understood why he feels the need to throw out any of the street jargon. How many "G's" are watching Idol on a given night? I don't think Randy has a clue regarding not only the demographics of "Idol", but also that of Randy Jackson. I hate to tell Randy, but I don't think the Crypts and Bloods are investing a whole lot of time on this show.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
a butchered version of a Nirvana song

...and amazingly, even after that performance, that guy (I forget his name, my wife and I just call him "Beard Guy") is still on the show. I thought sure as sh*t he would've gotten the boot after that debacle.

...or "Snapper face", like the Dice man use to call those guys. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:07 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

Yeah, I never really understood why he feels the need to throw out any of the street jargon. How many "G's" are watching Idol on a given night? I don't think Randy has a clue regarding not only the demographics of "Idol", but also that of Randy Jackson. I hate to tell Randy, but I don't think the Crypts and Bloods are investing a whole lot of time on this show.

Whatchoo talkin'bout dawg? Don't be hatin'. My man R.J. just keepin' it real, knum'sayin'? He all DOWN n sheeeit.

...see? There I go again.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:09 am

Quote :
Iggy Pop as a performer

That one was really out of left field. Does the typical AI demographic have a clue as to who Iggy is?

"Oh, he's the 'Lust for Life' guy from that Carnival Cruise commercial! Cool, man!"

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Whatchoo talkin'bout dawg? Don't be hatin'. My man R.J. just keepin' it real, knum'sayin'? He all DOWN n sheeeit.

...see? There I go again.

You're starting to sound like Eyesore's hero Herbert Kornfeld.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:14 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Iggy Pop as a performer

That one was really out of left field. Does the typical AI demographic have a clue as to who Iggy is?

"Oh, he's the 'Lust for Life' guy from that Carnival Cruise commercial! Cool, man!"

No they don't, because I saw the comments on Yahoo from the average AI fan. Most comments referred to him as a disgusting old man, etc...

I was actually more surprised to see Iggy on AI then I was with with Zakk. Maybe that has everything to do with age? Iggy wants the limelight just one more time, and since Steven (and Aerosmith is relevant w/the AI watcher) is a judge, then just maybe he (Iggy) can taste the nectar just one more time...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:15 am

tohostudios wrote:

You're starting to sound like Eyesore's hero Herbert Kornfeld.

Aw hellz yeah, gots to give mad props to the H-Dog. I'll mourn him till I join him, fo shizzle. Them Accounts Payabo suckas what iced him be on my LIST cuz Herbert was DISSED, knum'sayin'?

But seriously folks...
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I didn't see Iggy's performance on the show, or know about it till someone at work mentioned it to me. That does seem entirely random. Was he there to pimp a new release, or did they just throw him on the show for the sheer hell of it?

More importantly, did he smear peanut butter on his chest and then stage dive on top of Jennifer Lopez? Cuz if he did, I want to see YouTube footage of that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 am

I just figured out who Randy is borrowing his act from:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin on American Idol   James Durbin on American Idol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Durbin on American Idol
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next