Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NHL Playoffs 2011

Go down 
+15
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
shamgar75
troublemagnet
exact33
Troublezone
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Wargod
thejokeriv
Joe
Lari
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Vancouver just showed there is plenty of gas left in the tank, and won the fifth game by a score of 1-0.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:17 pm

The cup is in the building tonight.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Boston is going to win tonight.

Game 7 will go to Vancouver.

An old school home team wins all home games series
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:57 am

shamgar75 wrote:
Boston is going to win tonight.

Game 7 will go to Vancouver.

An old school home team wins all home games series

So it was predicted,so it came to pass. I hope Boston can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 am

I has been a good finals so far..

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:24 am

What a great result for hockey fans! Great job, Bruins!

Vancouver fans show they have about as much class as their hockey team, and start trashing the city after losing.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:59 am

Lari wrote:

Vancouver fans show they have about as much class as their hockey team, and start trashing the city after losing.

Stay classy ,Vancouver ! I'm not surprised because I believe they pulled that garbage when they lost to the Rangers back in '94. One of the reasons I hope the Cup never goes back to Canada.

At any rate,congrats to the Bruins ! Now for the wait for next season.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:13 am

Lari wrote:

Sportscenter is reporting those people were originally from Philadelphia!!

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:54 pm

007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

Stay classy ,Vancouver ! I'm not surprised because I believe they pulled that garbage when they lost to the Rangers back in '94. One of the reasons I hope the Cup never goes back to Canada.

At any rate,congrats to the Bruins ! Now for the wait for next season.

Yes, the same thing occurred in '94. My team lost last year and I was bummed about it, but I didn't go out are riot, stab people and lose my friggin' mind. IT'S A GAME! Geez, get over it!

Besides, it's over and now it's time for a new season. GO FLYERS! GO KINGS!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Those people who caused havoc probably would have done the same thing if the Canucks won the game. Don't judge all the fans the same way. Besides, there's a good chance they're only casual fans who were there as it was "the place to be" (outside of the game, of course) and took it as a chance to cause havoc. Montr

The fans in the arena, on the other hand, were actually good sports, and seemed proud of their team, even if they didn't win. Plus, they seemed supportive of the Bruins players after the win.

I have no hostility towards the Bruins, but I was still rooting for the Canucks, as I was for the whole series. I was a bit ticked off the Cup was won away from home AGAIN, though. It's been too long since it was won on home ice. Even when the team I'm rooting for in the Stanley Cup Finals wins, it seems they win away from home. I would rather see the Stanley Cup won on home ice, regardless of who wins.

Only two Bruins players had won the Stanley Cup prior to this season, though; Mark Recchi (who has retired; he confirmed at the start of the series he would retire if Boston won the Stanley Cup), and Shawn Thornton (who won with Anaheim in 2007). So it was nice to see mostly players who had never won the Stanley Cup before.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 pm

did you know the Stanley Cup has two caretakers that make it be home by midnight and wont let it out until 8am? They stay with the cup all the time.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 am

Boston had a great hockey team this season. The most entertaining team in the NHL and while I generally dislike the personalities of the "great" hockey goalies of our time, Tim Thomas is refreshingly sympathetic. Just seems like a fun guy you'd want to hang out with. Compare that to Luongo and his antics - talking trash, diving, begging for the refs' attention and generally just being an overrated douche. The most overrated goalie in the league, in fact. What a massive failure on his part too in game seven - wiping the puck in his own goal, then moments later, instead of trying to stop the puck, he decides the best way to stop a breakaway is to glance towards the referee while flapping his arms. 3-0, and deservedly so.

Luckily the Bruins were very, very well aware of the consequences of a collapse thanks to last spring, and did not lose a three goal lead in a game seven. Good coaching and leadership.

How about Claude Julien ridding himself of the giant LOSER tag? I have to admit, I was calling for his head after last spring. But he has allowed his team to play an entertaining style of hockey while being successful. Being the baddest AND the best. Old school Bruins style hockey. Remember those high scoring fight-filled regular season games they had against the Dallas Stars and the Montreal Canadiens? That was some great hockey.

Speaking of leadership, when I saw Zdeno Chara's eyes when the anthem was playing before game seven, and again when they showed him just before puck drop, I KNEW the Bruins would win! I texted those words to my friend.

Compare that to Henrik Sedin who was a disgrace to hockey all playoffs long - the guy has mad skills no doubt, but why the hell is he pretending to be a soccer player and has to disrespect the fans and the refs by diving and embellishing that much? It's sickening, and if I was on that Canucks team I'd have a major problem with calling someone like him "captain". Luckily the refs called him for unsportsmanlike conduct a couple of times. I so hope no junior player looks up to him as a role model. And he constantly disappeared during the biggest moments of the biggest games. But Chara was all class and played hard and led by example. A Toews-ian effort! That's the kind of team I want to see win a championship. Not a team led by a gutless diving pileofsticks and backstopped by an overrated streaky choker.

Now I'm getting off topic again - this post was supposed to be about the Bruins. Great depth in that team. Everyone talks about their defense and Tim Thomas, but taking that out of the equation, like all championship teams, those 3rd and 4th line guys could easily be top six forwards in about 20 other NHL teams. When I heard they got Nathan Horton last summer I was amazed how this team can still get deeper. Rich Peverley is a great fast skater with good hands. Totally underrated while playing for the Thrashers. Michael Ryder has hands, too, but unlike a lot of skilled players who don't fit in the top six, he actually has a great work ethic and has been a great two-way forward playing with intensity. I don't even have to mention Brad Marchand, who had a breakout performance in the playoffs. And there's more: Bergeron, Recchi, Kelly, not to mention friggin' first liners like Lucic and Krejci. Before the finals, a lot of people said it will be Vancouver's offense against Boston's defense. I didn't get that, because seriously there are no better, more balanced offensive lineups in the NHL than that of the Bruins.

And there you go, congrats Bruins & Bruins fans:
NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Recchitochara
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Winnipeg's new NHL team will indeed be named the Jets.

They will be using a different logo than the logo the Jets used in the WHA days, as well as their first NHL run, however.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Required Fields wrote:

They will be using a different logo than the logo the Jets used in the WHA days, as well as their first NHL run, however.

That is awesome - Welcome back Winnipeg! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 am

shamgar75 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

That is awesome - Welcome back Winnipeg! Very Happy

yep! cool!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHL Playoffs 2011
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6