Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NBA playoffs.

Go down 
+6
EmoElmo
Psychotron
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
stepcousin
Dark Horseman
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I would've give the nod to Chicago but now, I don't know and I can't make myself like Lebron but we'll see how it goes this year. Is San Antonio for real and will somebody please put the Lakers our of my misery.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:22 pm

that Dallas/Okie City game last night was epic!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 am

Gotta go with my home team, GO PACERS!!!

I also love the Bulls, sure is a bummer about Rose.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:25 pm

I could get behind the Pacers. I hope Rose doesn't turn into another Grant Hill.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm from Ohio originally and followed Lebron closely until last year. I rooted hard against the Heat last year, and was happy for Dirk and the Mavs. However, this year I'm rooting for Lebron. He's not such a bad guy. I'm not rooting for the Heat so much as Lebron. I wouldn't mind the Spurs of the Thunder winning, either.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:21 pm

If the Spurs win it then there should be a big thank-you to everyone for the lockout so those old guys could rest up. Razz
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:40 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I'm from Ohio originally and followed Lebron closely until last year. I rooted hard against the Heat last year, and was happy for Dirk and the Mavs. However, this year I'm rooting for Lebron. He's not such a bad guy. I'm not rooting for the Heat so much as Lebron. I wouldn't mind the Spurs of the Thunder winning, either.

Are you kidding me dude? LeChoke should never win because of how he spit on Cleveland when he left and taking the easy out going with D Wade and the alien Chris Bosh. I didn't care too much about them, but they always do something to remind me why I hate them like Wade being the arrogant, classless prick he is and LeBum being the arrogant buffoon he is.

Oh, and I will never forgive or forget how LeBron quit on the Cavs in the playoffs. Obvioulsy, I hope anyone, but the cHeat wins.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:01 am

GO PACERS! YEEEEEEEEEEEE-YAH BOYEEEEEEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Goodbye Dallas. That was too easy for the Thunder. And the Spurs are looking very good.
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm

The Spurs were my pick before the playoffs started to go all the way. I can't believe the Mavs got swept...sad to see them go. The Thunder and Spurs are destined to play in the Conference Finals and should be a great series.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:12 pm

I think that would be great. No L.A. and kind of new vs. old there.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:17 am

DA' PACERS!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:06 pm

They're looking pretty good but i'm not sure how far they can go.
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

The Pacers...they have had more trouble from the Magic than I thought they would have. They should rap this up in Game 5 though which would set-up a 2nd round matchup with the stinking Heat, unless the Knicks make a miraculous comeback.

I don't see the Pacers beating the Heat. I'm not sure if they can score enough to beat them. If I'm Indiana, I keep feeding the ball to D West and Roy Hibbert bc the cHeat don't have a strong frontcourt.

Paul George has to step up and keep going strong with his perimeter defense and needs to make his shots when they are available and Danny Granger has to step up defensively and all around just play like the All-Star that he is.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
They're looking pretty good but i'm not sure how far they can go.
Don't see them getting past the Heat...but I'll be pulling for them!

Not sure if you guys know this or if it's been talked about Nationally, but they've been selling playoff tickets for under $10 here locally to boost interest in the playoffs and to try and sell out the arena. Bird is doing absolutely everything and anything to rally this state behind the Pacers. He's so classy.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Didn't know that, very cool on his part. I love when the mid market teams do well.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:22 pm

I grew up playing ball and watching "Hoosiers." So when we relocated to Indiana a few years back, I naturally assumed I'd be playing pick up ball every night of the week if I wanted to. Not so at all. In fact, since the Artest/O'neill fight, Hoosiers literally turned they're backs on the organization as a whole. Knight was fired from IU and then their program was a joke for 10 years or more. Then the Colts rose to fame, and that just about sealed the deal for the lowly Pacers. Boy do I remember the days of Reggie Miller. He was great. Hopefully Bird can salvage this franchise. Honestly, very few people out here care about basketball in general. I think Butler help peak some interest the last few years. Most people don't realize, but that is a dinky little private school.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:56 am

I'll root for whichever team who can beat the Thug Three in the finals, the Bulls being out (with 90 percent certainty) I don't think they have real contenders in their division.... Im counting on The OKC trio (DuRant, Westbrook, Harden) this time

OKC vs Miami in the finals baby
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:02 am

Psychotron wrote:
The Spurs were my pick before the playoffs started to go all the way. I can't believe the Mavs got swept...sad to see them go. The Thunder and Spurs are destined to play in the Conference Finals and should be a great series.

It's Experience vs Raw Youth Talent

I'll give the slight edge to the Spurs because I believe NBA veterans are less likely to 'choke' during crunchtime, especially during the playoffs

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Psychotron wrote:

I'll give the slight edge to the Spurs because I believe NBA veterans are less likely to 'choke' during crunchtime, especially during the playoffs

I'd have to agree in the sense that, regardless of any favorite rankings, it would be an upset for a young OKC to beat a Spurs team that still has rings on current players. Every young team has to hit that "wall." Some finally get over it, and become champions. Many do not. I find basketball and hockey very similar in this fashion. Look at all the frustration and devastating losses Jordan and the Bulls were dealt. There was talk they'll never beat Boston and make it all the way.... I was so frustrated I couldn't even talk about it as a kid!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:16 am

Pacers finish off Magic who will now go implode. What a mess in Orlando. Atlanta holds off elimination and is wondering how different the first games would've been if Horford had been playing. Bulls also force a game 6 as do the Nuggets. Can any of these three force a game 7?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:42 am

Despite the Magic being down their best player....perhaps one of the best in the league, I was impressed and surprised with the Pacers ability to "finish" a team off and capitalize when given the opportunity. Very impressive for a young, inexperienced team. If I were Bird and their coach, I'd be worried about "focus" and "maturity" at this point. How will they handle a swift 1st round victory....
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Pacers finish off Magic who will now go implode. What a mess in Orlando. Atlanta holds off elimination and is wondering how different the first games would've been if Horford had been playing. Bulls also force a game 6 as do the Nuggets. Can any of these three force a game 7?

Orlando is a mess. They should trade Howard and get that headache out of there. I'll be surprised if Atlanta wins Game 6. They just can't win in Boston. The Nuggets can go either way, I won't be surprised if they forced a Game 7 nor will I be surprised if they lose. Also, methinks the Bulls will be finished in Philadelphia.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:03 pm

T-Roy wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Psychotron wrote:

I'd have to agree in the sense that, regardless of any favorite rankings, it would be an upset for a young OKC to beat a Spurs team that still has rings on current players. Every young team has to hit that "wall." Some finally get over it, and become champions. Many do not. I find basketball and hockey very similar in this fashion. Look at all the frustration and devastating losses Jordan and the Bulls were dealt. There was talk they'll never beat Boston and make it all the way.... I was so frustrated I couldn't even talk about it as a kid!

The Magic vs Rockets 1995 NBA finals were a testament to this, then we have Last year

it has been proven time and again that talent alone doesn't win championships, if the OKC Thunders were to play in the finals I'm pretty certain they won't win it though I'll certainly root for them

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:36 pm

I think OKC will learn though and get better for next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NBA playoffs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA playoffs.   NBA playoffs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NBA playoffs.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: