Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NHL Playoffs 2011

Go down 
+15
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
shamgar75
troublemagnet
exact33
Troublezone
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Wargod
thejokeriv
Joe
Lari
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:12 pm

It's that time again!

NHL Playoffs 2011 Jonathantoewsstanleycup

Let's start the battle for Lord Stanley's Cup... and LET'S GO HAWKS!

First round matchups:

Eastern Conference

Washington Capitals - New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers - Buffalo Sabres
Boston Bruins - Montreal Canadiens
Pittsburgh Penguins - Tampa Bay Lightning

Western Conference

Vancouver Canucks - Chicago Blackhawks
San Jose Sharks - Los Angeles Kings
Detroit Red Wings - Phoenix Coyotes
Anaheim Ducks - Nashville Predators

The general consensus is that the biggest favourites are the Canucks, followed by the Capitals, Flyers, Bruins, Wings and the Sharks. I also think the Ducks have a real good team this season. But we all know at least some of the favourites WILL choke in the first round.

My picks,

Washington Capitals - New York Rangers - this season the Caps have actually played like a playoff team. I really think they have a shot at the Cup.

Philadelphia Flyers - Buffalo Sabres - Ryan Miller will stand on his head between the pipes. While the Flyers still don't even have a goalie.

Boston Bruins - Montreal Canadiens - The Bruins will not forget last spring (choking against the Flyers after being up 3-0 in wins) and play tough. Too bad they still have Claude Julien as their head coach, which means they will not be able to beat the better teams. But at least I predict them to beat their hated rivals in possibly the most anticipated first round series.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Tampa Bay Lightning - The Penguins are well coached overachievers, but with Crosby and Malkin out, the material just isn't there. The Bolts have tremendous skill up front.

Vancouver Canucks - Chicago Blackhawks - Pat Kane is in Roberto Luongo's head. A bit of a homer pick, but I think the Hawks will shock the Nucks. Yes, even without Dustin Byfuglien (or Dave "the Rat" Bolland for that matter - he's out with a concussion)

San Jose Sharks - Los Angeles Kings - Another shocker. Conservative picks usually don't work out that well anyway. The Kings have it in them to do a lot of damage these playoffs. Good defense and they have actually played better without Anze Kopitar. They do have the tendency to turn into the Queens against weak opponents and roll over, but I also think a California rival will bring out the best in them.

Detroit Red Wings - Phoenix Coyotes - What I have going for this is that the Coyotes are due for a playoff round win and the Wings are due for a first round choke. And they really haven't played that well lately anyway. Shane Doan will lead the 'Yotes to the second round. And Detroit will forever suck.

Anaheim Ducks - Nashville Predators - The only 'safe' pick I will make in the West. The Preds always show up, but it's never enough to get past round one. The Ducks have the best line in hockey with Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry and a decent support cast. They won't lose a best-of-seven against a team like the Predators.

I'm going to go with a Kings / Capitals final. The usual story, a powerhouse against a Cinderella team. And of course the only way a fairytale can end is with the Kings beating the Capitals in Game Seven overtime.

Now, what do you think? Any insight on the playoff teams, favourites, teams you absolutely wish would lose etc etc...
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Go Sharks!!!!

That's about all I got. haha!

Seriously though, I just hope the Ducks, Red Wings, Capitals, Penguins, and Rangers lose. I can live with any other team winning. The Western conference was so close this year, I think it's definitely up for grabs, so your Kings pick is not at all surprising.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:42 pm

GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm

My Picks

Eastern Conference

Washington Capitals - New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers - Buffalo Sabres
Boston Bruins - Montreal Canadiens
Pittsburgh Penguins - Tampa Bay Lightning

Western Conference

Vancouver Canucks - Chicago Blackhawks
San Jose Sharks - Los Angeles Kings
Detroit Red Wings - Phoenix Coyotes
Anaheim Ducks - Nashville Predators

but don't put the house on it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:54 pm

I may catch a game here and there but the Wild missed the playoffs again. Thank god they fire Todd Richards. Due to terrible draft picks terrible coaching and front office people they have not done a good job the last 4 years.

In a state where hockey is king it is disappointing to the fans. Thank god UMD won the NCAA hockey championship.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 pm

My predictions:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Washington vs. New York - Washington in five games.
Philadelphia vs. Buffalo - Philadelphia in seven games.
Boston vs. Montréal - Boston in six games.
Pittsburgh vs. Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay in seven games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Vancouver vs. Chicago - Vancouver in six games.
San Jose vs. Los Angeles - San Jose in seven games.
Detroit vs. Phoenix - Detroit in seven games.
Anaheim vs. Nashville - Anaheim in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 am

Go Pens !!! There is no way the Caps make it to the Finals and Boudreau will be shown the door. They have too much talent to wet the bed every year come playoff time.

My predictions :

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Washington vs New Jersey - Washington in 7 games
Philthadelphia vs Buffalo - Flyers in 7 games
Boston vs Montral - Montreal in 6 games
Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay - Pens in 6 games

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Vancouver vs Chicago - Canucks in 5 games
San Jose vs Los Angeles - Sharks in 6 games
Detroit vs Phoenix - Detroit in 6 games (I HOPE I'M WRONG)
Anaheim vs Nashville - Anaheim in 6 games
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:15 am

007 wrote:
Go Pens !!! There is no way the Caps make it to the Finals and Boudreau will be shown the door. They have too much talent to wet the bed every year come playoff time.

My predictions :

EASTERN CONFERENCE

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Washington isn't playing New Jersey, they're playing the Rangers...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:51 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
007 wrote:

My predictions :

EASTERN CONFERENCE

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Washington isn't playing New Jersey, they're playing the Rangers...

Ohhhh,you're right. My bad. I still stand by my prediction. Caps over Rangers in 7 games.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 am

I'm not getting my hopes up for the Flyers. It'll be a miracle if they survive the first round.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:22 pm

GO FLYERS!

GO KINGS!

If the Flyers are gonna survive, they need to turn up the heat and get back to playing hockey how they did the first 3/4 of the season. The last few weeks have been pathetic. Having Pronger back may improve things slightly. Good to see Briere back in the line-up as well. I'm still holding out hope. If they lose, oh well, He's to next year!

Administrator
ultmetal

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:23 pm

I'd also like to see Phoenix take out the friggin' Red Wings.

I hate the Penguins as well, but I'd rather see the Flyers take out the Pens.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:06 pm

The Ducks are my local team but i hope the KINGS or SHARKS do well.

(and at the end of the day i wouldn't even mind if The Ducks won too)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
[b]GO FLYERS!

headbanger

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:52 pm

First games of the first round tonight!

Lightning @ Penguins
Coyotes @ Red Wings
Rangers @ Capitals
Blackhawks @ Canucks
Predators @ Ducks

I'll watch Bolts and Pens to start with, maybe switch to Rags/Caps if it's more exciting.
Later, obviously the main event for me will be the Hawks game. Let's make Luongo cry again!
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:33 pm

NHL Playoffs 2011 Buffalo_Sabres_Old
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:49 am

Both my teams lost last night, but both teams played great. The Kings lost in OT, 3 -2. They played well though against a very good SJ Sharks.

The Flyers played great! The flyers outplayed the Sabres for 60 minutes taking some 15 more shots on goal than Buffalo. However, the Sabres goalie saved their asses! The Sabres got a lucky rebound to win the game 1 - 0. This series isn't over yet! GO FLYERS!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Both my teams lost last night, but both teams played great. The Kings lost in OT, 3 -2. They played well though against a very good SJ Sharks.

Yeah, that was a very good game, and the Sharks were lucky to get away with the win. I expect every game to be this close.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:06 pm

Hawks lost game one and are down 1-0 in game two after one period. Have to start scoring soon or it will be a short post season...
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:

The Flyers played great! The flyers outplayed the Sabres for 60 minutes taking some 15 more shots on goal than Buffalo. However, the Sabres goalie saved their asses! The Sabres got a lucky rebound to win the game 1 - 0. This series isn't over yet! GO FLYERS!

You call it luck.The Sabres have had superior goaltending than the Flyers and that's been true since the Hasek days.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 am

GO FLYERS! Crush the Buffalo Sabres!

GO KINGS! Destroy the San Jose Sharks!

Administrator
ultmetal

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:59 am

troublemagnet wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

You call it luck.The Sabres have had superior goaltending than the Flyers and that's been true since the Hasek days.

The Flyers have outplayed and out-shot the Sabres in both games so far, and all season long for that matter. Miller is a great goaltender and he saved the Sabres butts in game one, when the Flyers out-shot them by 10 or 15 shots on goal. It's been a good series so far with both teams playing and fighting hard. If the Flyers go down playing as well as they have for the last two games, there is no shame in that. However, I don't see it happening. GO FLYERS!

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 pm

I live in the Buffalo area (didn't grow up here) but am a Rangers fan

GO RANGERS!!

Thank God they won last night. They need to win Game 4 or it's over.

Ult, I think that series is going 6 or 7 games for sure.

I just think it's a good pairing. If Philly wins tonight, I think they will win. If not............the Sabres have a good shot at taking them out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 am

Flyers win game 3! Good game. Both teams fought hard. It's not over yet though. Flyers need two more games! GO FLYERS!

Kings vs. Sharks tonight for Game 3. GO KINGS!

Penguins won last night as well. I don't really care who wins that series. I actually think a Flyers vs. Penquins series would be great! Those two teams hate each other, so it would be a brutal meeting. Besides, Philly has had the Pens number all season. NHL Playoffs 2011 706602

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 am

The Flyers are showing some heart. Good for them. This series might get interesting afterall.

NHL Playoffs 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHL Playoffs 2011
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next