Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NHL Playoffs 2011

Go down 
+15
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
shamgar75
troublemagnet
exact33
Troublezone
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Wargod
thejokeriv
Joe
Lari
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:46 am

good grief, we got pasted NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 499945
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:17 pm

The Canucks winning again means they are one win away from the Stanley Cup finals *vomits*

In the East, Boston and Tampa Bay are 2-2. Big game tonight. Bruins lost a 3-0 lead in the last game, but I still think they have that extra gear left. The Lightning have been impressive though. How about that Sean Bergenheim? Only 14 goals in the regular season, now league leading 9 in the playoffs so far. That's what I call a big game player.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:04 pm

That Saturday game for Tampa and Bergenheim was one for the ages. Unbelievable come back.
Sharks are on the ropes.

If their gonna move on, it's going to have to be "one for the ages" from here on out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Pulling for the Sharks tonight !
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:53 am

The Vancouver Canucks are headed to the Stanley Cup Finals!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:48 am

Oh well. The Sharks will do it one of these years.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The Vancouver Canucks are headed to the Stanley Cup Finals!
Congratulations, this team is scary good. I really don't see Boston or Tampa matching up well. Thomas would give the Bruins a fighting chance, but they are so fast, so dangerous and Luongo is in the zone. I felt they dispatched the Sharks pretty easily. The only thing that kept the Sharks in it at all was Vancouvers willingness to take constant penalties, but even with that fact in almost every game, it didn't matter. That's how good they are!

Nice to see a team that dominated in the regular season, dominate in the playoffs. Sharks may never figure that one out!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Bruins - Bolts game six in three hours!

Not much hockey left this season.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:02 pm

bring on baseball Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Bruins - Bolts game seven tonight! Lightning took over game six within the first minute and never let up. Even Krejci with a hat trick couldn't stop 'em. Rolie the Goalie was back between the pipes.

Both teams have worked hard to get this far. One win away from Cup finals. But before that, tonight the Prince of Wales Trophy WILL be awarded. My prediction: 7-4 Boston. Go Bruins!

And if the Bolts win and play Vancouver in the finals, Go Lightning!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:54 am

Bruins win! First time since 1990 they are in the final. And it's been 39 years since they've won it all.

Stamkos gets a puck in the nogging, Thomas gets a shutout and Nathan Horton the game winner when Boucher's defensive system has a rare defensive breakdown. Actually the Bruins had a couple of golden opportunities, like that Lucic breakaway in the first. The Bolts did seem to control the play better at times though. Just couldn't get to the scoring areas.

Alright, Bruins, time to kick some Canuck ass!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:30 am

Well,it's not the Finals mach-up I'd like to see,but it still should be a good series. Not let's go Bruins,keep the Cup out of Canada !
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Canucks win the cup in 6 games

BTW, if approved, the Atlanta Thrashers are sold and moved back to Winnipeg!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:05 pm

shamgar75 wrote:
Canucks win the cup in 6 games

BTW, if approved, the Atlanta Thrashers are sold and moved back to Winnipeg!

will they become the Jets again?

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:41 pm

No-one knows. Polls say most fans want the Jets, but I'm of the opinion they should reward the diehard Winnipeg hockey fans by "promoting" the Manitoba Moose.

Seriously, the true hockey fans have been supporting this minor league team for the past ten years and now it will inevitably be moved out of the city because of the Thrashers. It's mostly the casual fans that want the Jets anyway. Nostalgia and all that. But the Jets are in Arizona, period. Minnesota didn't name their new team "North Stars" either.

Besides, the team members ARE what were formerly known as the Thrashers, team records and all. How do you justify the "Winnipeg Jets" having two legacies or franchices that honour their records? Selanne's 76 goals in '92-93 is a franchise record for the Coyotes, not the Thrashers. Teppo Numminen's jersey is retired and hanging in the rafters in Glendale to honour his career with the Jets/Coyote franchise. Not a 1999 expansion team that played in Atlanta for 11 seasons.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Lari wrote:
No-one knows. Polls say most fans want the Jets, but I'm of the opinion they should reward the diehard Winnipeg hockey fans by "promoting" the Manitoba Moose.

Seriously, the true hockey fans have been supporting this minor league team for the past ten years and now it will inevitably be moved out of the city because of the Thrashers. It's mostly the casual fans that want the Jets anyway. Nostalgia and all that. But the Jets are in Arizona, period. Minnesota didn't name their new team "North Stars" either.

Besides, the team members ARE what were formerly known as the Thrashers, team records and all. How do you justify the "Winnipeg Jets" having two legacies or franchices that honour their records? Selanne's 76 goals in '92-93 is a franchise record for the Coyotes, not the Thrashers. Teppo Numminen's jersey is retired and hanging in the rafters in Glendale to honour his career with the Jets/Coyote franchise. Not a 1999 expansion team that played in Atlanta for 11 seasons.

The city obviously retained the name Jets, so I don't see a problem with using the name. The Browns retained their name and colors after the franchise abandoned the city and went to Baltimore. They don't have a problem keeping an orderly record book. Seattle has retained the colors and nickname Supersonics for if/when a team might relocate there or the NBA might give them an expansion franchise.

I have a bigger problem with franchises who skip town and then take that nickname with them. The worst example would be the Colts. It was bad enough Baltimore ever lost their team, but when they did, the city should have been allowed to retain the colors and the nickname. The Jazz were another example when they moved to Utah. Seriously, Utah Jazz??? Jazz music and Salt Lake City???? It was sad to see Quebec and Winnipeg lose teams, but at least Phoenix and Colorado went with new names. The same could be said for Carolina, when they didn't keep the Whalers as their nickname. I always thought that Minnesota should have retained the North Stars and told Dallas to come up with a new one, as it was always plausible that the city of Minneapolis would have a chance at another franchise. Frankly, I'm shocked to see Winnipeg get another one, but I'm happy for them, as Atlanta has quite possibly the most aloof fan base in all of sports. Atlanta and Miami are cities that ONLY show up when you have a winner, and sometimes that won't even get fans through the turnstile!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:17 pm

I absolutely agree with you on the glory hunting Atlanta fans. "If the team ain't winning, don't bother". Really a shame.

That's such a cancerous way of supporting. And it doesn't just apply to sports either. You like power metal? If you know you'll enjoy it, buy the records even if it ain't hip! You like marginal genre movies wth your favourite actor? Go see that movie even if it ain't the biggest summer blockbuster! Otherwise it won't be there next time you crave for it.

Anyway, first period of the Stanley Cup finals - it's scoreless but the Bruins play well and are poised. Forget the pre-series analysis. The Cup is on the line and it's up for grabs!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:41 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Lari wrote:

The city obviously retained the name Jets, so I don't see a problem with using the name. The Browns retained their name and colors after the franchise abandoned the city and went to Baltimore. They don't have a problem keeping an orderly record book. Seattle has retained the colors and nickname Supersonics for if/when a team might relocate there or the NBA might give them an expansion franchise.

I have a bigger problem with franchises who skip town and then take that nickname with them. The worst example would be the Colts. It was bad enough Baltimore ever lost their team, but when they did, the city should have been allowed to retain the colors and the nickname. The Jazz were another example when they moved to Utah. Seriously, Utah Jazz??? Jazz music and Salt Lake City???? It was sad to see Quebec and Winnipeg lose teams, but at least Phoenix and Colorado went with new names. The same could be said for Carolina, when they didn't keep the Whalers as their nickname. I always thought that Minnesota should have retained the North Stars and told Dallas to come up with a new one, as it was always plausible that the city of Minneapolis would have a chance at another franchise. Frankly, I'm shocked to see Winnipeg get another one, but I'm happy for them, as Atlanta has quite possibly the most aloof fan base in all of sports. Atlanta and Miami are cities that ONLY show up when you have a winner, and sometimes that won't even get fans through the turnstile!

Thats what I was thinking. I would prefer them to be the Jets too. It may be nostalgic but its right.

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:32 pm

WINNIPEG JETS ALL THE WAY BABY!! very happy
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:54 am

Bruins win game three 8-1! That was a beautiful game. Roberto Luongo showed his true colors again.

It's just one win though. The Canucks are still up 2-1 in wins. But it will be a different series from now on.

Nathan Horton was stretchered off after a late open ice hit by Aaron Rome. The hit looked borderline clean to me, just late. But this was definitely the most intense of the games so far. There was even a fight.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 pm

I think if the Bruins win Game 4, we definitely will have a 7 game series.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Lari wrote:

Thats what I was thinking. I would prefer them to be the Jets too. It may be nostalgic but its right.

Same here. I'd like them to be called the Jets as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:16 am

Lari wrote:
Bruins win game three 8-1! That was a beautiful game. Roberto Luongo showed his true colors again.

It's just one win though. The Canucks are still up 2-1 in wins. But it will be a different series from now on.

Nathan Horton was stretchered off after a late open ice hit by Aaron Rome. The hit looked borderline clean to me, just late. But this was definitely the most intense of the games so far. There was even a fight.
q

I'm still watching, but I just don't care who wins this one. I don't care for either of these teams. At least if I really hated one of these teams I could cheer for the other team, but neither of these teams do anything for me. I just want them to get it over with so I can anxiously await for next season!
GO KINGS! GO FLYERS!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Lari wrote:

q

I'm still watching, but I just don't care who wins this one. I don't care for either of these teams. At least if I really hated one of these teams I could cheer for the other team, but neither of these teams do anything for me. I just want them to get it over with so I can anxiously await for next season!
GO KINGS! GO FLYERS!

at least the Flyers **finally** got a goalie!!

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 am

I WISH I didn't have be so nervous about the finals. I hate the Nucks. Just the thought of Henrik Sedin lifting the cup is enough to make me want to vomit. Is there a more undeserving captain in the league than that diving, whining wimp who is bringing soccer antics to hockey? I'd love to just relax and enjoy watching a final series between the Sharks and the Bruins.

Anyway, the Canucks got pasted again. They now have a goal differential of -5 for the playoffs. Do they even know how to lose with their boots on? Seems like they always give up and let in a bunch when things don't go their way.

I like that Rich Peverley got two goals. The Bruins are not my favourite team, but there's a couple of favourite players of mine. I watched the Thrashers this season (mostly due to them acquiring so many ex-Blackhawks) and always felt Peverley was underappreciated. And Nathan Horton too, similar story, but now that Horton is injured, it makes me follow Peverley more. Well, at least when it comes to creating scoring chances. I also love Shawn Thornton's game, but that's a totally different role he has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs 2011   NHL Playoffs 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHL Playoffs 2011
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next