Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Scorpions, now Priest...

Go down 
+29
Ben Grimm
Gilbert
MEGATRON
MoonChild
Zdan
onrypt
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
Lari
Troublezone
adrian
James B.
GrandNational
tul
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
labrekk
mc666
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
manny
Fat Freddy
exact33
SlaytanicPOWER
ultmetal
Alex Dee Rokket
Shawn Of Fire
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
When asked about PRIEST's announcement that it was embarking on its final tour beginning next year, Halford replied, "Well, they do say that all good things come to an end and that's probably the case in this case. But I'm delighted that, of course, the HALFORD band is gonna be storming forward in the metal future, and that's gotta be good news."

So I'm still not convinced that Judas Priest is calling it a day altogether. Done touring? Probably. Done recording? Nah. I still think there's another album or 2 in their future. Maybe Glen wants to do another solo album in the meantime?

Speaking of JP members, has KK or Ian ever done anything outside of Priest? Just wondering?

Nothing I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:14 pm

KK did some guest solos on some power metal CD several years ago.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Really a big shame. Never got to see Priest live so I hope I see them this time. One can only hope...and also hope for say - "Saints In Hell", "Stained Class", "Savage" and "Burnin' Up". I would love to have those tracks mingled among the classics.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Quote :
But I'm delighted that, of course, the HALFORD band is gonna be storming forward in the metal future, and that's gotta be good news."

I'm not surprised... since his band is close to half his age.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 pm

I can see Glenn or KK doing some new band together or solo projects, it just won't be full time like Priest.

Ian Hill had a great career just showing up and playing bass for 40 years...

Scott Travis may do another Racer X album or join a new band as well.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:59 pm

I would wish for a final Priest album before any disbanding. An album in the style of my personal favourite "Stained Class" would be something to behold. Wonder if they still got that in them?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
That sucks!

I think it's better for Priest to retire while they are still able to play their songs live with the energy those songs require. Plus, Priest's shows have always been energetic and I couldn't see them doing their guitar moves for much longer.

Yes, they will be retiring IN STYLE!
headbanger
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm not surprised by the news. Honestly, I was kinda expecting it to happen.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Quote :
But a spokesman tells RockAAA: “This is the end of Judas Priest doing major world tours – but not the end of the band, thank Heaven.”

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/official-%E2%80%93-its-not-the-end-of-priest-1300
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:00 am

Bad news.

I grew up listening to Priest, and they have always been among my top five bands ever.

Although i loved Nostradamus a lot, i really hoped that they would have ended their career on a higher note, with a far more "PRIEST" album.

Hell, i wish they'd make another painkiller before retiring.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:47 pm

I've seen them three times. Once with Ripper.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:40 pm

tul wrote:
Quote :
But a spokesman tells RockAAA: “This is the end of Judas Priest doing major world tours – but not the end of the band, thank Heaven.”

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/official-%E2%80%93-its-not-the-end-of-priest-1300

headbanger

Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:45 pm

My complaint about Priest retiring like this, is that they are not leaving us with some kind of farewell album. Their final album is Nostradamus I have grown to like that album but not doing a final album sucks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:59 pm

Boy, this is a bummer. I've never seen Priest before, and they are one of my favorite bands. I'll really have to catch them this time.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:22 pm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/rob_halford_on_judas_priests_final_tour.html
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:07 am

Ben Grimm wrote:
My complaint about Priest retiring like this, is that they are not leaving us with some kind of farewell album. Their final album is Nostradamus I have grown to like that album but not doing a final album sucks

They all worked their butts off on Nostradamus and it tanked hard. They probably see an album as something not worth the effort that it would take. All that work for an album hardly anyone liked.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:18 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

They all worked their butts off on Nostradamus and it tanked hard. They probably see an album as something not worth the effort that it would take. All that work for an album hardly anyone liked.

plus the article said they were retiring from touring, not retiring altogether.

maper74
Metal novice
Metal novice
maper74

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:06 pm

When i heard about this for the first time my heart skipped a beat, would i have to go through my life not having seen judas priest live once? Then i saw that thier, presumbly, last show ever in Sweden would be at the Sweden Rock Festival, which i have a ticket for since 2 months back, all is well now headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 am

From bravewords.com:

Quote :
According to a brief update at the band's website, the members of JUDAS PRIEST are working together on writing new material.

Says the band, "All is going really well - more details later!"

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:36 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
From bravewords.com:

Quote :
According to a brief update at the band's website, the members of JUDAS PRIEST are working together on writing new material.

Excellent news!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:37 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
From bravewords.com:

Quote :

Yeah, I just read an article on the Classic Rock magazine website that they will not do another world tour, but they are currently writing material for a new album. AWESOME!

More great news! KISS will start recording their new album in March. Paul Stanley producing. Very Happy

My top two favorite bands are still in the business!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:39 am

That's good news. Better to have a "studio-only" Judas Priest in the future than no Judas Priest at all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That's good news. Better to have a "studio-only" Judas Priest in the future than no Judas Priest at all.

Especially after Nostradamus.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

What do you mean? That was a great album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

What do you mean? That was a great album.

If you mean compared to Turbo or Demolition, then you're right. Razz

Seriously, Nostradamus has some good songs on it and if it was half as long it would be much more enjoyable. However, it is my least played JP album along with the other two I mentioned and Rocka Rolla (but that one's not because of the songs I just haven't listened to it much).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Scorpions, now Priest...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next