Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Scorpions.... May

Go down 
+7
Wicked Rick
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalH
mc666
mr.electric39
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

New Scorpions....  May Empty
PostSubject: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:21 pm

I dug their last disc "Unbreakable". simply fantastic stuff. Production was a little processed but the tunes were great. New stuff fortcoming ...
check out their website...

www.the-scorpions.com/english/default.asp
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:18 pm

I look forward to this one, too. After Unbreakable I have renewed faith in the band. However, John 5 (Marylin Manson, Rob Zombie) wrote songs, either for the band, or with the band, for this album. That worries me a bit.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 1:01 am

Unbreakable was badass. i hope the next one won't let me down.

MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:31 pm

John 5 is a decent guitar player. I read an article in Guitar Player a long time ago I think about him and he has a lot of classical influences so it might not be that bad. I'm glad that they are still putting out great metal!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:35 pm

Cool news... Unbreakable was their best CD in a LONG time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 2:09 pm

MetaLHoliC wrote:
John 5 is a decent guitar player. I read an article in Guitar Player a long time ago I think about him and he has a lot of classical influences so it might not be that bad. I'm glad that they are still putting out great metal!
Sure, he's a great musician, but he's not a rock musician. We all know that the Scorpions have had no problem in the past trying to break into the mainstream, and I worry that the presence of John 5 alludes to that. I'll wait and see, of course.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 12:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I totally agree. I saw'em on that tour with Tesla and Keith Emerson... of E.L.P. (he was terrible)....

I hadn't heard "Unbreakable" before I went. Come to figure out this past november they opened with "New Generation" and closed with "Blood Too Hot"... too my dismay I'd never seen 'em live before (in the flesh)... especially since I bought Blackout when it was new...

Those old farts kicked some serious Tooshie... ahem..... I was blown away.... I mean they played "coast to coast" for cryin' out loud... wow...
I was never into Marilyn Manson so who knows what kinda influence John 5 may have.

"Unbreakable" too me was runaway best disc I heard of 2005 (even though I didn't hear it 'till Nov 2006) !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 12:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SqDjg-4Uo

New song. And it's pretty badass! 🤘
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 6:56 pm

happy

very cool sounding indeed !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 7:12 pm

I really love that heavy riff. A mellower song, but if they chose that one for a TV show, maybe the rest of the album is heavier?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:14 am

Without a doubt. there were a couple of 'lighter' tunes on Unbreakable that were great....

Man oh man... New Rush and Scorpions... Maiden last year... New AC/DC and things would be heavenly.... (one can wish..)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 6:54 pm

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=70725

New audio samples! Sounds like it's gonna be a great album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 7:16 pm

Sounds good !
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 7:43 pm

I may have to get this one.
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 7:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

You got that right!! Unbreakable is one damn good CD!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 10:46 pm

Should be a good one.

I saw them in 03 and they just tore through their classics. One of the best live performances I've ever seen. Then
Unbreakable came out a few months later and it blew me away especially
after Eye II Eye was such a disappointment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:08 pm

"Mind Like A Tree" is pretty much the only good thing about Eye II Eye—such a killer tune.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 11:49 am

only Crazy World with Black Out. other are out of my interest. got some more albooms but not inspired me to listen.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:59 pm

I read on Blabbermouth earlier today that the new Scorpions will finally get a U.S. release on August 28th via Universal Music. Cool!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I read on Blabbermouth earlier today that the new Scorpions will finally get a U.S. release on August 28th via Universal Music. Cool!

FINALLY!
angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:23 pm

Man, I've been looking for that CD every time I hit the stores! I can't believe they haven't secured a US release before now. It's the frickin' Scorpions! I just thought stores weren't stocking it. Crazy.

The music climate has crashed and burned here in the US, huh?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:48 pm

I have this cd since it came out in Europe with a dvd and i love this album. Its get better after each listening. Give it at least 4 listenings and you will love it brothers and sisters. A buy or die release for any SCORPIONS fans worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Just wondering ... to anybody who's heard the new Scorps album... does it sound like a "farewell" album to you?? The lyrics seem to be full of references to the "end of humanity" and so forth, and the last lyric spoken by Klaus at the end of the album (in the title track) is "Goodbye," so I can't help but wonder. Blabbermouth posted a link a week or so ago to an interview with the Scorps in which Klaus supposedly mentioned the "possibility of them retiring without recording another album," so I'm curious...

If HUMANITY HOUR I is indeed meant to be their farewell, though, it's a damned good way to go out!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 11:56 pm

Hmmm...I have it downloaded, but have only listened a few times. It would suck if it's their last album, especially after this one and Unbreakable. But I guess that is a good way to go out, eh?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 11:57 pm

I gotta see if I can find that interview that Blabbermouth linked, where Klaus supposedly talks about retirement...

In the meantime, here's the new promo video for the song "Humanity" ... great song, great vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w9AukcojEc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Scorpions.... May
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next