Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Scorpions, now Priest...

Go down 
+29
Ben Grimm
Gilbert
MEGATRON
MoonChild
Zdan
onrypt
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
Lari
Troublezone
adrian
James B.
GrandNational
tul
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
labrekk
mc666
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
manny
Fat Freddy
exact33
SlaytanicPOWER
ultmetal
Alex Dee Rokket
Shawn Of Fire
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

First Scorpions, now Priest... Empty
PostSubject: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:11 am

Judas Priest announce farewell 'Epitaph' tour...go look at Bravewords...

Bummer...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 am

Aw man, that does suck. I'll have to try and catch them if they come to my area.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:42 am

That sucks!

Next is going to be Maiden. Aw man this sucks! But I guess it was inevitable for Priest - both KK and Glen are now nearing their mid 60s. In a way, I think it's better for Priest to retire while they are still able to play their songs live with the energy those songs require. Plus, Priest's shows have always been energetic and I couldn't see them doing their guitar moves for much longer.

I'm sure Halford is likely to continue solo on his own as he is quite a bit younger than the rest of the guys in Priest.

But all things good and bad must eventually come to an end, and like it or not it's Priest's final curtain call. They will forever remain one of the most influential bands in the history of music. Long after these bands are gone, they will be viewed in the years and decades to come as the 20th century versions of Mozart and Wagner and other such classical composers.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:47 am

KK, Ian and Rob are 59...Glenn is 63...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 am

I always thought KK and Glenn were both in their 60s for some reason.

But even so, even if it was Glenn's decision to retire Priest I can see the others following along with it. At this stage, I doubt they'll want to change the line-up.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:56 am

It could be mutual too...the guys have a huge legacy...and they cant go on forever...

Rob has Metal God clothing and record label so he'll be around...but I bet this will be the end of Halford (the band) too...thats speculation on my part but it would not surprise me...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:04 am

The thing about Halford's solo band is that it's not very interesting. It got progressively worse from Resurrection onwards. For me at least nearly all of the Halford albums after Resurrection are very mediocre and seem to just be full of filler material.

He did some great stuff in the 90s with Fight and that's probably his best post-Priest material.

I am not sure whether this will prompt Halford to retire, I think he's still very much interested in doing new things with metal except I think he needs to just do something more experimental and interesting. I don't think Halford needs to repeat the Priest formula in his solo band; I wish he did something in the style of Fight, perhaps modernise it a bit - make it slightly heavier / darker.

I know that may not be to everyone's liking but I'm not so interested in hearing 2nd rate Priest-like tunes. Priest already have a rich enough back catalog of great material, so there's no need for anyone to try to imitate that sound.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:12 am

That does suck, but perhaps it will be like Ozzy's retirement in the 90's. Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 am

Judas Priest is on for retirement
Iron Maiden is on deck

I see the 80's thrash bands having another decade before they loose steam.

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:20 am

Yeah I think the big four at least still have another decade in them. I don't see any of them stopping until they hit their late 50s or early 60s.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:06 am

I can see Priest doing another album down the road but limiting touring...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:11 am

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This can't be happening, this is just a bad dream
(fingers in ears)
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA I am not heeaaaring this!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This can't be happening, this is just a bad dream
(fingers in ears)
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA I am not heeaaaring this!!!

close your eyes - its all true Smile

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:32 am

Man this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:48 am

this SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, this is way worse than when Scorp announced they where retiring!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 am

Its a bummer, but let's be honest. These guys are going on or over 60 years old. It was bound to happen.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:24 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It was bound to happen.

*SIGH* Yeah, I know, I know... I just hate the idea that their last studio album is gonna be the sub-par NOSTRADAMUS... I was hoping that there might be one more killer studio album left in'em before they turned off the lights...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It was bound to happen.

*SIGH* Yeah, I know, I know... I just hate the idea that their last studio album is gonna be the sub-par NOSTRADAMUS... I was hoping that there might be one more killer studio album left in'em before they turned off the lights...

I am with Freddy, I wanted at least one more killer Judas Priest studio release.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:32 am

Even if Painkiller had been the last one, we still would have wanted "one more"....

Them getting old means WE are getting old and we don't like it... Wink

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:37 am

The $$$$ is in the touring. The albums are really hard work and don't yield much revenue.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:39 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
The $$$$ is in the touring. The albums are really hard work and don't yield much revenue.

Well yeah, but one could argue that most likely Priest doesn't need money...but whatever. It is cool that when a band decides to retire, they give the fans one more tour as a way to say goodbye to who supported them their whole lives.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:40 am

I can't deny I am getting to be an old geezer, but I do hate the trend where bands tour without releasing new material, I know alot of fans ( which I find odd) do not always care to hear new material from older artist but I feel they should to keep them from becoming strictly an oldies act.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:40 am

manny wrote:
I can't deny I am getting to be an old geezer, but I do hate the trend where bands tour without releasing new material, I know alot of fans ( which I find odd) do not always care to hear new material from older artist but I feel they should to keep them from becoming strictly an oldies act.

But a "farewell" tour doesn't require new material...it requires a Greatest Hits set...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:43 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

But a "farewell" tour doesn't require new material...it requires a Greatest Hits set...

Very true sir, still I wanted one more kick ass metal album from them, not that it matters because I will be at the show anyhow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:48 am

I will be looking at pictures on my monitor that Manny took at the show. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, now Priest...   First Scorpions, now Priest... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Scorpions, now Priest...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next