Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UFO vs. SCORPIONS

Go down 
+14
Gilbert
bassman
chewie
metalken
Wargod
mc666
Troublezone
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
James B.
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Choose!
UFO
UFO vs. SCORPIONS Vote_lcap40%UFO vs. SCORPIONS Vote_rcap
 40% [ 10 ]
Scorpions
UFO vs. SCORPIONS Vote_lcap60%UFO vs. SCORPIONS Vote_rcap
 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:19 am

Two of my favorite European bands on the 70's/80's. Which do you prefer and why?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:25 am

I voted for Scorpions. Even though they got sort of commercial in the 80s and 90s, their early stuff is still outstanding. I like UFO too but they're a little to "generic" sounding to me. I also don't think their music has aged as well as the Scrops.

Administrator
ultmetal

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:46 am

Schenker vs. Uli Roth

Two 70's heavyweights of epic proportions! I'm on a bit of a UFO trip right now, so I went with UFO but love both bands.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:52 am

i love both bands but I but I like UFO slightly better and I reach for more UFO albums to spin then the Scorpions albums now adays, but both are great bands IMO.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:17 am

Mis-voted - meant to vote for Scorps overall, but both are great bands!!!! Prefer 70's UFO to 70's Scorps and 80's on Scorps to 80's on UFO. Both are great bands!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:26 am

UFO two reasons....Schenker and Parker. I listened to this band everday for years

Uli Roth is an exceptional player with great tone and feel but he kinda/sorta was on the road that Hendrix had already paved.

I listen to both bands still, but my Scorps interest wains someplace in the mid 80's.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:53 am

Scorpions. While I'm pretty much burned out on their 80's material and later, their early stuff still makes my balls jiggle with glee.

The only UFO disc I have is a 'best of' comp. I like it well enough, but I've never felt compelled to dig any deeper.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:20 am

Scorpions

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:59 am

I love the Scorpions, a huge part of my soundtrack growing up.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Scorpions, because i like Klaus's singing better and their 70's & early 80's stuff is some of the best music ever made.

But i like UFO too.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Scorpions, because i like Klaus's singing better and their 70's & early 80's stuff is some of the best music ever made.

But i like UFO too.
well stated. these are my reasons for choosing the Scorps as well.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:30 pm

I saw both bands together at the OC fair a few years ago.

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:15 pm

I went with OFU just a bit better than Scorps but both kick azz!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:15 pm

UFO for me.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 pm

I love both bands, but the Scorps albums from Fly To The Rainbow to Love At First Sting were a big part of my music listening youth. Went with Scorps.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Scorps, Klaus could sing out of the phone book and it would sound good. Mathias always plays very tasteful solos and the rhythm section is solid.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 am

Scorpions.

They're one of the bands that introduced me to the world of heavy metal.

Their early material rocks. Songs like Rock you like a Hurricane are pure metal anthems.

Besides, i was lucky to catch them alive in 1997, and they put out a hell of a show.

They concluded with the song When the smoke is going down, dedicating it to my country, and hoping that Israeli and syrian military occupation at the time would end.

Respect.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:24 am

Scorps.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 am

Gilbert wrote:

Scorpions.

Their early material rocks. Songs like Rock you like a Hurricane are pure metal anthems.

Besides, i was lucky to catch them alive in 1997, and they put out a hell of a show.

They concluded with the song When the smoke is going down, dedicating it to my country, and hoping that Israeli and syrian military occupation at the time would end.

Respect.

Wow! First time I've heard someone refer to Rock You Like a Hurricane as their old material, though I guess it is pretty old at this point. When I think of the Scorpions old material it songs like "In Trance", "Hell Cat", "Virgin Killer", "Speedys Coming", "The Sails of Charon", etc. The old Uli Roth stuff.

Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:52 am

Scorpions. I prefer Meine's vocals over Mogg's.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:29 am

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Scorpions.

Respect.

Wow! First time I've heard someone refer to Rock You Like a Hurricane as their old material, though I guess it is pretty old at this point. When I think of the Scorpions old material it songs like "In Trance", "Hell Cat", "Virgin Killer", "Speedys Coming", "The Sails of Charon", etc. The old Uli Roth stuff.

LOL!!!! I guess if you bought Love At First Sting as a new release (as I did), it doesn't seem like old material as the 70's stuff does for those of us that discovered the 70's stuff later. Heck, I discovered Scorps when Blackout was released, so everything before Blackout (including love drive, animal magnatism) is older to me
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:09 pm

My favorite Scorp albums are:

Blackout
Love At First Sting
Taken By Force
In Trance
Virgin Killer

But all the early albums are excellent.
Back to top Go down

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 pm

The Zoo is my favorite song by them. Love that somewhat dark sound they have on there. Sails of Charon has quite a dark sound too and Testament does a great cover of it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:20 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
The Zoo is my favorite song by them. Love that somewhat dark sound they have on there. Sails of Charon has quite a dark sound too and Testament does a great cover of it.

The main riff on Sails of Charon reminds me of something Tony Iommi would write. It's heavy!
Back to top Go down

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Now that you mention it, I can hear that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UFO vs. SCORPIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFO vs. SCORPIONS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next