Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!

Go down 
+16
Boris2008
DallasBlack
kmorg
Eyesore
Smindas
mr.electric39
James B.
Gilbert
krokus
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
ultmetal
exact33
manny
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Empty
PostSubject: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Dang, the old bands are dropping like flies. Now Krokus are planning to release a final album, followed by a farewell tour, in 2012.

KROKUS Planning 'One More Great Album', Followed By Farewell Tour - Mar. 23, 2011

Rob Cavuoto of Guitar International recently conducted an interview with KROKUS bassist Chris von Rohr. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Guitar International: What prevented you from coming to the U.S. to support "Hoodoo"?

Chris von Rohr: Because everyone in the U.S. was in financial trouble at the time. In 1984, you could get your flight and hotels paid for and then get money from the gig. With all the financial issues now, we can't go there to lose money or pay to play. KROKUS is not big where we can make a lot of money off ticket prices or merchandise. It doesn't make sense for us. In Europe we can fill up stadiums and make some money to survive. The only thing that would come close, is to go on tour with three other bands from that era and tour the U.S. We're missing the States. Even though we aren't the biggest of the big now, we still want to come back to the states and make up for the lost time. Hopefully the whole situation in the U.S. gets better soon, because the fans deserve to hear how this band rocks nowadays, there's no old fart bullsh*t here.

Guitar International: What does the future hold for KROKUS?

Chris von Rohr: To tell you the truth, if you wanna make God laugh, tell him your plans! We wanna make one more great KROKUS album to say goodbye. To do something that ends the legacy with pride and a good feeling. We started that with "Hoodoo" and plan to do one more, which will come out mid or end of 2012. Then a farewell tour to finish off our careers with pride. At the moment, we're just as good as we were in the "Headhunter" days. Marc [Storace, vocals] is hitting the high notes and singing his ass off. The band is tighter than ever and we're still having lots of fun. We want to close with something big and positive. Maybe a great live album and a DVD of all the classics plus some new stuff. Who knows, maybe we can make it in the U.S., because we miss the country that brought us rock 'n' roll, hot babes and coke a cola!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:44 pm

I could have sworn Krokus broke up in 1987 or so. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Face it man, we're ooooooooooooooooooooooold.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:29 am

'Hoodoo' is a great album that continues in the grand tradition of previous Krokus albums by being as original as a Xerox copy but who cares because the album is fun, I doubt they will make it to the States which is a shame
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:19 am

wow - all we will be left with is nu-metal soon...

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 am

We're all getting old! First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! 251456

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 am

When grunge and nu-metal are considered old... the 80's is seen as ancient. First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! 387733

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:04 am

detuned wrote:
I could have sworn Krokus broke up in 1987 or so. Laughing very hard

They were for a while, but have been active (mostly in Europe) since the mid 90s.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:15 am

Scorps, ok. Priest. I get it. But now Krokus? That just smells like a cheap publicity stunt to drum up some interest in the band. I guarantee someone either in the band or at their record company is setting this up.

And really, what's the downside to all this? Lets say it works. They put out another album and tour and by some miracle this announcement works. They sell more than the dozen or so Hoodoo sold and they pack the clubs with folks clamoring to see Krokus "one last time". Success!! Drinks & blow for everyone!!

But wait. After that last album & tour, they decide that "the fans want this" so they send out the press release that they are coming out of retirement "for the fans" and put out another album and tour. The 100 or so fans that stuck with them this long won't mind. It's another Krokus album and tour! Yipee!! Success!! Drinks & blow for everyone!!

It's a win-win situation.

Jeebus, how did I get so cynical?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 am

I'm glad Maiden are still around! Once all the old bands are gone it will be sad...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:24 am

Troublezone wrote:
I'm glad Maiden are still around!

(Captain Kirk voice)
But for...how...LONG, Troublezone? For...HOW...LONG?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 am

They did name their last album The FINAL Frontier. Maybe a little foreshadowing? Perhaps? Maybe? Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge, knowwhatImean.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I'm glad Maiden are still around!

(Captain Kirk voice)
But for...how...LONG, Troublezone? For...HOW...LONG?

A couple...more...albums. Hopefully. Laughing

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They did name their last album The FINAL Frontier. Maybe a little foreshadowing? Perhaps? Maybe? Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge, knowwhatImean.

Conquering a frontier can take awhile. Smile
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:05 am

SAD SAD SAD because they were still making great albums every two years or so, like HOODOO or ROCK THE BLOCK.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:26 am

Great band.

HEADHUNTER is an all time favourite.

Too bad, but everyhting comes to an end.

Luckily, bands like UDO, ACCEPT and MEGADETH are still around.

As for maiden, if they're gonna come out with more final frontier albums, no thanks...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:44 am

Another one bites the dust ? That's too bad. It's a shame to see them go but I honestly haven't listened to anything by them since Change Of Address (the less said about that one,the better).
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:38 pm

I really like the "Hoodoo" lp

and "yes", I'd throw down a couple of Benji's to go and see them if they returned to the US.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

But wait. After that last album & tour, they decide that "the fans want this" so they send out the press release that they are coming out of retirement "for the fans" and put out another album and tour. The 100 or so fans that stuck with them this long won't mind. It's another Krokus album and tour! Yipee!! Success!! Drinks & blow for everyone!!

It's a win-win situation.

Jeebus, how did I get so cynical?

please dont let them be the Brett Farve of rock bands...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Or the KISS / The Who / Ozzy of Farewell Tours First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! 447763

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Or the KISS / The Who / Ozzy of Farewell Tours First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! 447763

lol!

you are correct!!

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Face it man, we're ooooooooooooooooooooooold.

thanks dude..... like I needed ANOTHER reminder!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
We're all getting old! First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! 251456
I'm only verging on 22 and a lot of my favourites seem to be nearing their end. I think I might be a bit of an old soul. Oh well, at least we've still got Alice Cooper. When Jagger retires, we'll still have six years of Cooper - I'll take solace in that.

As for Maiden - still a cracking live act, but the mix of compilation releases and painfully average albums is a bit grating. Especially when the subsequent tours are so new material heavy that some fans are left in the lurch. I've seen Maiden twice now and have yet to see 'Run To The Hills'. I've got tickets to see them in August and judging by the set lists for this tour so far, I'm never going to see 'Run To the Hills'. That's a bit wrong.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Smindas wrote:
I've seen Maiden twice now and have yet to see 'Run To The Hills'.

I didn't get to hear "Run To The Hills" till my 3rd Maiden show. Have faith.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dang, the old bands are dropping like flies.
We're next. Bummer. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!   First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Scorpions, then Priest, now...Krokus!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: