Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.

Go down 
+21
krokus
Chairman_Smith
arttieTHE1manparty
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
DeathCult
Troublezone
stormspell
Thrasher73
Olafsto
mc666
kmorg
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
rattpoison
MoonChild
powermacho
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
Hamer12
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Empty
PostSubject: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:55 am

Way too many AC/Dc songs on the radio, and for some reason, although some of their songs are pretty good, I've just never got much into the Scorps at all.

Am I the only one here, who owns neither of these bands cds?
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:01 am

I dont own any of either band. I also dont own any Priest, Aerosmith or Kiss either. I'm sure I'll get some eventually, just not too high on the list right now.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:03 am

i own no scorpions or Kiss albums. although i do know most of the kiss songs
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:23 am

I only own 2 Scorps cd's (a best of and the new one that I got free from work). Hearing "Rock You Like A Hurricane" one too many times made me not want to investigate any further.

As for AC/DC, I have all of the Bon Scott era, but only Back in Black and For Those About To Rock. Not a big Brian Johnson fan, although I love seeing 'em live. Funny thing is, for the longest time I wouldn't buy ANY AC/DC albums for the most retarded reason. Aerosmith was/is one of my all-time favorites and I wouldn't purchase any albums that come before "AE" so Aerosmith would always be first in my cd rack. Noone could be before them. That included AC/DC and Accept. I think I have a touch of OCD.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:27 am

You need to check out the 70's Scorpions albums. You are missing out on some great music. Uli Roth is one of the greatest guitarists ever. You won't hear any of that on the radio.

ult

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:33 am

ultmetal wrote:
You need to check out the 70's Scorpions albums. You are missing out on some great music. Uli Roth is one of the greatest guitarists ever. You won't hear any of that on the radio.

ult

Yea, others have told me that. I suppose I'll get around to it someday. I've actually put in bids on ebay a few times on some of the older material, but it always goes for way more than I'm willing to spend.

If someone wants to burn me a comp of their best 70's material, I'm not too proud to accept a handout.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:50 am

Scorpions have plently of good material.
from lonesome crow

I AM GOIN MAD

Last edited by powermacho on Fri May 09, 2008 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:53 am

AC/DC is life for me and I own everything AC/DC - my all time favourite band. Scorpions are another great band and I do have all their songs as well. 🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:56 am

I was just thinking about big bands that i have failed to check out.

UFO and the Kinks are too biggies i'm not really familiar with apart from a few famous songs. This will definately be remedied sometime in the not to distant future.

If one thing i have learnt over the years it is not to base a musician on their radio hits, you can really make a big band your own if you dig deep into their back catalogue.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:07 am

Quote :
UFO and the Kinks are too biggies i'm not really familiar with apart from a few famous songs.

Check out UFO's "Strangers In The Night" live album. I normally don't recommend live albums for discovering a band but that's one of the best live albums ever.

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:10 am

The Bon Scott years are must haves. Start with 74 Jailbreak.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:36 am

No AC/DC

No Scorpions

No Aerosmith

No Kiss

Oversaturation for me, I think, is the problem.

I just recently picked up my first Priest and Motley Crue albums, so I was way behind on that, too!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:41 pm

powermacho wrote:
Scorpions have plently of good material.
from lonesome crowd

I AM GOIN MAD

Laughing very hard They look older here than they do today!!! Laughing very hard

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:28 pm

i like AC/DC & i love the Scorpions. i do not listen to radio, so i never get bored or tired of hearing their stuff.

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:47 pm

I love both AC/DC and Scorpions.
You`re missing out on some essential classics imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:49 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
The Bon Scott years are must haves. Start with 74 Jailbreak.

You sir are correct!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:08 pm

I didn't own any AC/DC albums until last year. Now I have most of them. And I love 'em!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:26 pm

Quote :
Check out UFO's "Strangers In The Night" live album. I normally don't recommend live albums for discovering a band but that's one of the best live albums ever.
So true.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I didn't own any AC/DC albums until last year. Now I have most of them. And I love 'em!

Now move onto Motorhead and get that collection up to speed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:09 pm

My suggestion: turn off your radio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:30 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
My suggestion: turn off your radio.

I don't listen to radio much. They didn't just start playing them on the radio last week though.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:57 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
No AC/DC

No Scorpions

No Aerosmith

Same here, I just dont dig those bands. Aerosmith and Scorpions are epithomes of boredom to me (with exception of handful of songs). Regarding AC/DC I have one song of theirs included in one of the "Best of" CDs I made myslef and it is like having the whole discography. Same with Motorhead by the way... "same ole song, same ole song forever..." Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:30 pm

If listening to the radio puts anyone off for buying a band's records then no one would own a Led Zepplin record because everytime i turn on KLOS (classic rock) it's playing a Zep song. I love the Scorpions both 70's and 80's and i like a good amount of AC/DC too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:35 pm

I like some songs by Aerosmith but i just don't like them all that much. If anything they bug the crap outta me when they play their stuff on radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLRLhV9U0kQ

sick sick
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Yeah, you people who are dissing AC/DC and Scorpions because of radio overkill should dig into both band's earlier stuff.

The Scorps especially. Virgin Killer, Lonesome Crow, Taken By Force...those albums are classic metal.

And all Bon Scott AC/DC owns anything they did with Brian Johnson IMHO.

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next